General Chat

Stevo985

Vampires Suck has already made a profit. There is no stopping the Friedburg-Seltzer machine.

Come on South Park, ruin them. RUIN THEM. Ruin them like you did Rob Schneider.

Are they the guys that make "epic movie" and "Superhero movie" etc?

I don't understand how those films are successful. Epic movie is quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen. Literally. Worse than Spiderman 3.

Yes.

Nice stuff. (Voluntary) Sterilization programmes. Progress. :thumb:

It's voluntary and all that... but there's a growing mass of evidence that the effects of drugs and alcohol have generally been exaggerated and more specifically that the effects of cocaine/crack has been massively exaggerated.

Jacob Sullum"]

Yesterday, in an article headlined "The Epidemic That Wasn't," The New York Times took a calm, measured look at the latest research on children who were exposed to cocaine in the womb. Instead of the mentally and socially retarded cripples predicted in the late 1980s early '90s, it finds kids very much like their non-cocaine-exposed peers. Researchers who try to control for confounding variables that tend to be associated with a mother's crack habit find that there may be some subtle lingering effects, but nothing like the devastating lifelong damage predicted two decades ago:

Experts say [cocaine's] effects are less severe than those of alcohol and are comparable to those of tobacco—two legal substances that are used much more often by pregnant women, despite health warnings....

Cocaine use in pregnancy has been treated as a moral issue rather than a health problem, [boston University pediatrician Deborah] Frank said. Pregnant women who use illegal drugs commonly lose custody of their children, and during the 1990s many were prosecuted and jailed....

"Society's expectations of the children," [Frank] said, "and reaction to the mothers are completely guided not by the toxicity, but by the social meaning" of the drug.

Until the government starts locking up mothers who drink wine or smoke cigarettes during pregnancy (not a policy I'm recommending), it should stop pretending that the harsh treatment of cocaine-using mothers is all about saving children.

Last year I discussed a South Carolina Supreme Court decision that overturned the homicide conviction of a cocaine user who received a 20-year sentence after her baby was stillborn. In 2007 I noted the role of the "crack baby" myth in establishing the draconian federal sentences for possession of smokable cocaine. In 2005 I noted the emergence of "meth babies."

Proper strange, I live in a real small seaside village where nothing really happens at all as there is only 15 k population.

Today, my Mrs goes to walk the dog and some bird is lying on the road with 15-20 people around her. My Mrs thinks it's a RTC and carries on as there were loads of people there already.

Turns out the woman's ex husband was not too happy with the situation so after a few bounce offs manages to embed a real big axe in her head and kills her with 20 + witness's in broad daylight at 8.30 am today.

Mrs gets to work and the girl opposite actually saw it happen and is in a right state.

Weird world.

I blame violent computer games and the internet.

You can add to that films and the people who make axes.....**** !

No, we had films and axes When I Were A Lad, and nothing bad ever happened then.

Right, there is a tune nicked from a movie in the new south park, starts around 58 seconds in. It's doing my head in.

And now it's doing my head in!

Still no idea what it is! Dammit!

Are they the guys that make "epic movie" and "Superhero movie" etc?

Yes they are, and they need shot.

It proves their is a lot of idiots in teh world who will pay to watch this rubbish

Anyone else think the burgers in the advert at the top of the screen look amazing?

3505pao.jpg

I've never seen that ad.

Oh, and no. They have lettuce in them.

The big whopper? I was expecting it to be atleast the size of my head!

mcdcheeseburger.jpg

Â