General Chat

Stevo985

I've got some dairy lee triangles in the fridge if that will work?

Tbh I don't think he brought it for me, he has family up there who run a hotel in the middle of nowhere and he come back with a few bottles of different whiskey and gave me one

Tbh I don't think he brought it for me, he has family up there who run a hotel in the middle of nowhere and he come back with a few bottles of different whiskey and gave me one

Is that you Mr Double entendre? :)

• Like 1

I understand that scotch is something to be savoured with every sip but, I can't stand the stuff ever since I drank some jack Daniels years ago and was sick afterwards, i think I'll put some ice in it first and let it melt a little

Huh? Jack Daniels is not scotch! 

And I speak as one who also avoids JD (and bourbon) for the very same reason - an absolutely crippling hangover on the stuff over 30 (!) years ago, still means that I only have to smell it to get a headache. 

But scotch, I love with a passion. Just about to pour myself a glass of The Bowmore, in fact. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

I understand that scotch is something to be savoured with every sip but, I can't stand the stuff ever since I drank some jack Daniels years ago and was sick afterwards, i think I'll put some ice in it first and let it melt a little

Huh? Jack Daniels is not scotch! 

And I speak as one who also avoids JD (and bourbon) for the very same reason - an absolutely crippling hangover on the stuff over 30 (!) years ago, still means that I only have to smell it to get a headache. 

But scotch, I love with a passion. Just about to pour myself a glass of The Bowmore, in fact. 

I just picture you doing this now....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovUkATL4l_g

I was working in a bar and The Jam and entourage were in.

Mr Weller asked a few people what they wanted to drink, one guy asked for an Irish whiskey.

Weller, quick as a flash informed the bloke he wasn't stupid and he knew there was no such thing. He was assured by the others that there was. He said he'd ask me for one, but there'd be trouble if it was a fool's errand.

He walked up to the bar, I asked him what he wanted, and he said..... 'can I have an Irish Scotch please mate?'

The place errupted in laughter. He stormed off and didn't come back for half an hour.

Sunday night i was brushing my cat when i noticed something scuttling underneath his fur and on closer inspection i found it to be fleas.

Now this would normally be horrifying enough on it's own but four years ago i suffered a previous flea infestation in my home when my lovely neighbour next door removed the old flooring in her new home when she first moved in and dumped that flooring outside her back door which was situated no more than 15 feet away from my kitchen air vent. Apparently the previous occupant wasn't at all clean keeping a selection of birds inside their home plus a cat and dog. Since flea eggs can lie dormant for up to three years before being disturbed by vibration and subsequently hatch through light and heat the little beggars had come through my air vent and latched onto my cats and my fiancee both suffering many bites before i had to get my home fumigated.

Two weeks ago the local council ripped the old kitchen out of next door and of course they dumped the wastage in the same place again. I have now a second flea infestation in my home and since Sunday i have had to treat both my cats and my home again.

Informed the local MP what has happened and both he and the Environmental Health Officer have now instructed the council to fumigate next door and they've advised me to get my solicitor involved. My cats are now clean again and i have fumigated my home a second time to make sure but i've had to throw a lot of my designer gear out as well as bed linen.

Not really the best way to celebrate early retirement and thinking very seriously of selling up and moving on when all legalities are sorted. :angry:

Edited by Morpheus

Seems like a fairly straight forward case for a solicitor to sort out, especially as you can cite precedent. You'd imagine you'll get fully reimbursed if justice is done. No less pleasant for you in the meantime though.

Sunday night i was brushing my cat when i noticed something scuttling underneath his fur and on closer inspection i found it to be fleas.

Now this would normally be horrifying enough on it's own but four years ago i suffered a previous flea infestation in my home when my lovely neighbour next door removed the old flooring in her new home when she first moved in and dumped that flooring outside her back door which was situated no more than 15 feet away from my kitchen air vent. Apparently the previous occupant wasn't at all clean keeping a selection of birds inside their home plus a cat and dog. Since flea eggs can lie dormant for up to three years before being disturbed by vibration and subsequently hatch through light and heat the little beggars had come through my air vent and latched onto my cats and my fiancee both suffering many bites before i had to get my home fumigated.

Two weeks ago the local council ripped the old kitchen out of next door and of course they dumped the wastage in the same place again. I have now a second flea infestation in my home and since Sunday i have had to treat both my cats and my home again.

Informed the local MP what has happened and both he and the Environmental Health Officer have now instructed the council to fumigate next door and they've advised me to get my solicitor involved. My cats are now clean again and i have fumigated my home a second time to make sure but i've had to throw a lot of my designer gear out as well as bed linen.

Not really the best way to celebrate early retirement and thinking very seriously of selling up and moving on when all legalities are sorted. :angry:

I thought you lived in an apartment

Thanks for that BOF. One would hope that it will be that straight forward but our local council isn't known for it's generosity and even though i have treated my cats and home i'm still continually putting a flea comb through my cats to make sure and hoovering my home several times daily as fleas can lay their eggs in the back and down the side of you suite or any gap they can find. They do need a host to live on though and thankfully my fiancee and cats haven't received any further bites since the fumigation.

I haven't been bitten but the Environmental Health Officer informed me that for some reason males are normally left alone and its the females they go for. Disgusting little beggars and you're afraid to tell people in case they think you're infested with them as well.

What made you think that?

Edited by Morpheus

Yeah BOF of course your right on that but it's just the hassle and in our locality the council have always proven difficult to deal with. However i'm going to pursue it as once is bad enough in anyone's life time to suffer something like this but twice!!

Its actually my fiancee and cats that i feel sorry for. They're the ones that have been bitten.

Thanks for that BOF. One would hope that it will be that straight forward but our local council isn't known for it's generosity and even though i have treated my cats and home i'm still continually putting a flea comb through my cats to make sure and hoovering my home several times daily as fleas can lay their eggs in the back and down the side of you suite or any gap they can find. They do need a host to live on though and thankfully my fiancee and cats haven't received any further bites since the fumigation.

I haven't been bitten but the Environmental Health Officer informed me that for some reason males are normally left alone and its the females they go for. Disgusting little beggars and you're afraid to tell people in case they think you're infested with them as well.

What made you think that?

Sorry man thinking of the wrong guy .....so who is the lad in Dublin living next to a knacker

Â