General Chat

Stevo985

Cheers chaps! ^_^ Rather than cake, the missus baked up some birthday brownies and iced this atop them...

PA140032.JPG

She's a good lass. I finally dutch ovened her the other day, after 6 years of trying too.

And happy birthday to the Blunthmeister.

You do them in exactly the same way you would have done them on the old website

[url=www.websitegoeshere.com]Clicky[/url]
That didn't work when we first moved over to the new site, I tried it.
If you edit (or quote) and look at what you've done above, it looks nothing like what I've suggested.
But I think the site automatically changes it to that. Below, I've typed exactly what you put (but replaced your fake link with a link to the bbc) http://www.bbc.co.uk/]Clicky Edit: See?
OK so. Curious...
Mr Stephenson is correct. Those url things don't work.
Test OK I think I've found why. I think you now need to wrap the URL in double quotes. Try
[url="www.website.com"]Click[/url]
TheBeeb retry. yes, the double quotes thing fixes it. excellent.
Huzzah!
You don't need to wrap any url's in any quotes. I have no idea why the idiotbox does the quote thing but a simple

[/code]

works just like it always did. It always has worked on this new site too

More or less quit my job last week only told people today (still working notice) and got a reply "whats for you wont pass you" .........what the hell does that mean ?

My aunt says that to me. It certainly was the case for her type 2 diabetes

The Style Council. I wanted to like them. But I just couldn't bring myself to.

Amen. As a huge fan of the Jam and even liking quite a bit of Weller's solo output, I never ever could get my head around the Style COuncil, a pair of posey pretentious twits and their mates playing at being all artsy poppy and looking french. Their tunes were generally dreadful too. Yuk!

Ian Hislop mentioned that the Mail Online was the World's most popular newspaper site.

Had no idea.

Google says there was some disgruntled rumblings from big US publications over the figures, but that's pretty scary.

Click

You don't need to wrap any url's in any quotes. I have no idea why the idiotbox does the quote thing but a simple

That still doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

Villa OS

^^ That is supposed to be a short link to the Villa OS but doesn't work. When I go back in to edit it all of the web address has gone and only the words Villa OS remain, weird!

Click

That still doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

Villa OS

^^ That is supposed to be a short link to the Villa OS but doesn't work. When I go back in to edit it all of the web address has gone and only the words Villa OS remain, weird!

Why is this being discussed in here rather than the testing forum or the new site forum? Try clicking the top left most button in the editor to see what you are actually sending to the site.

[/code]

And yet it doesn't appear as though it did for the non-mods. That's why I had to delve deeper. Both ways work for me.

Â