General Chat

Stevo985

Agree with that.

I have a mate who was a glory hunter as a kid and supports United. My group of mates is all Villa, so he gets hammered for it. He does follow them very closely, but goes to more Villa games with me and his family that I reckon he's a closet Villa fan but just won't admit it.

I'll always be a Villa fan but I simply don't care enough about the club anymore to get annoyed when we lose or play bad. Been like this for a couple of years.

Rather watch Rugby Union or Cricket now

my boss switched from Villa to Man U because he wanted to support and associate with a team that won stuff

if he reads VT I can sympathise, it's understandable and I may well follow

presuming he doesn't, wot a nob

Changing clubs is very common for teenagers. I am sure you remember at school (a long long time ago) how whoever was winning leagues would get the most supporters. I am sure everyone on here remembers the incredible increase in Chelsea fans around 2003.
If you think 2003 was "a long long time ago", then yes.

But when I was at school (a long long long long time ago, presumably), no. Didn't happen. Apart from the occasional kid who had moved to Brum from another part of the country, every one with any interest in the sport at all followed Villa, Blues or Albion. No exceptions.

I think it was the start of the Premier League combined with Sky TV that started the rot.

I would rather watch golf than a football match these days. Im really pissed off that im going to miss The Masters because im on my stag-do!

The Masters & The Open are my two favourite sporting events

One year I plan to go over for the masters, just looks like paradise

3 bank robbers in Boston were caught when they couldn't drive the car they stole because it was a stick shift :lol:

One of them died in a shootout with police....

Darwinism FTW

Changing clubs? That's an outrage.

Only thing worse is a club changing

I've often wondered what I'd do in a situation like that.

If, God forbid, that started happening in Football, so Aston Villa became something like, I dunno, Durham Villa.

Would I still support them? Would it be the same team? Hard to say I guess.

I find it impossible to change clubs. Which is probably why I play off of a handicap of 132.

:D I was trying to think of a golf joke to go here. Well played, sir.

Changing clubs? That's an outrage.

Only thing worse is a club changing

I've often wondered what I'd do in a situation like that.

If, God forbid, that started happening in Football, so Aston Villa became something like, I dunno, Durham Villa.

Would I still support them? Would it be the same team? Hard to say I guess.

Just ask a Wimbledon fan.

Yeah but I guess the Wimbledon thing was slightly different. Sort of. Didn't Wimbledon effectively die first and the MK Dons formed from their embers, to an extent?

I think that's slightly different than Villa just upping sticks tomorrow, in it's current position and moving to the other side of the country.

Â