General Chat

Stevo985

Bit of press about Now That's What I Call Music being 40 this week. 

Interesting looking at the artists on volume 1.

Despite most people claiming 80s music being crap the vast majority of those not dead are still working. Plenty still releasing new music. Some of them you would need to see the lead singer rather than the band itself but really a remarkable number of them still going and making a decent enough living out of it. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Despite most people claiming 80s music being crap the vast majority of those not dead are still working. Plenty still releasing new music. Some of them you would need to see the lead singer rather than the band itself but really a remarkable number of them still going and making a decent enough living out of it. 

Could've sworn Now That's What I Call Music 40 came out ageeees ago

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Working, yes. I would say only Madness and The Cure produce anything of note, whereas the others are legacy acts playing the nostalgia circuit or trading off former glories. Arguably even The Cure and Madness are guilty of this. 

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Working, yes. I would say only Madness and The Cure produce anything of note, whereas the others are legacy acts playing the nostalgia circuit or trading off former glories. Arguably even The Cure and Madness are guilty of this. 

Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Mike Oldfield (ish). Plenty still releasing new music.  Human League headlining festivals. 

Doesn't matter why, most of the artists are still functioning and playing their own gigs, not just 80's tours. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Moonlight Shadow was on it and the reflex by Duran Duran if I recall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Could've sworn Now That's What I Call Music 40 came out ageeees ago

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I thought that too!

It’s not a yearly release, they are up to Now 116

116 albums of almost pure filth

Â