General Chat

Stevo985

11 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Can't find a better place for this I don't think. What age is it appropriate for your kid to have their girlfriend/boyfriend to stay and let them share a bed? Specifically in this case a lesbian relationship.

It is not my daughter but my partners, I questioned my partner on it and she said "nobody is going to get pregnant", which, whilst accurate is not really the point.

Gay, lesbian, male, female, etc should be irrelevant.

I'd say 16 personally, assuming both are over 16, in the same school year, and in a 'serious' relationship. So they've been partners for a while already and this is the next step in their relationship. They are going to do it somewhere anyway. I'd ideally also want the other kid's parents to be ok with it as well. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Gay, lesbian, male, female, etc should be irrelevant.

I'd say 16 personally, assuming both are over 16, in the same school year, and in a 'serious' relationship. So they've been partners for a while already and this is the next step in their relationship. They are going to do it somewhere anyway. I'd ideally also want the other kid's parents to be ok with it as well. 

Agreed on the type of relationship bring irrelevant and the pregnancy part whilst true is not the point. The daughter was 15 last week and the other girl is 16, they've been together a couple of months.

I've made it clear I am not very impressed but as it is her house and her daughter I don't have any teeth. As you may gather I'm very uncomfortable with this and causing me a fair bit of stress around my relationship and how I am thinking about her.

Absolutely agree that they may get up to things elsewhere but I think that is irrelevant. Just because people will do what they want, it doesn't mean if should be actively encouraged.

The other girls parents don't seem bothered, Saturday night ended up a last minute thing because the Father (a DJ apparently) got a last minute gig and didn't want to leave the daughter alone. Somehow that ended up with her staying with us (I don't like the open house style either tbh). He is apparently aware that they are girlfriend and girlfriend because I asked my partner......Hoping she'd say "no", so I could point out the sleeping in the same room but and she'd say "I didn't think about it like that!" and put an end to it.....she didn't she trotted out "yeah, but nobody can get pregnant....." line.

Edited by AndyClarke

20 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Agreed on the type of relationship bring irrelevant and the pregnancy part whilst true is not the point. The daughter was 15 last week and the other girl is 16, they've been together a couple of months.

I've made it clear I am not very impressed but as it is her house and her daughter I don't have any teeth. As you may gather I'm very uncomfortable with this and causing me a fair bit of stress around my relationship and how I am thinking about her.

Absolutely agree that they may get up to things elsewhere but I think that is irrelevant. Just because people will do what they want, it doesn't mean if should be actively encouraged.

The other girls parents don't seem bothered, Saturday night ended up a last minute thing because the Father (a DJ apparently) got a last minute gig and didn't want to leave the daughter alone. Somehow that ended up with her staying with us (I don't like the open house style either tbh). He is apparently aware that they are girlfriend and girlfriend because I asked my partner......Hoping she'd say "no", so I could point out the sleeping in the same room but and she'd say "I didn't think about it like that!" and put an end to it.....she didn't she trotted out "yeah, but nobody can get pregnant....." line.

Just turned 15 and 2 months into a relationship, i don't think i'd be happy either. 

But with the other girl's parents being fine with it, they will just go to that parents house if you guys say no.

So not a lot you can do to stop it even though i'd also be uncomfortable at that point.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

🙂 I wish I did sleep that well that I wouldn't hear them but sadly I don't. 

It's one of the rites of passage as a parent. We have two daughters, and both had boyfriends occasionally staying overnight from age 16. Yes, it's awkward, but we took the line that they're going to do it anyway, so it may as well be in a safe environment. The creaky beds are definitely cringe-inducing, but you get over it. 

They're both now in their 30s with two daughters apiece, so they will have this to look forward to themselves. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Just turned 15 and 2 months into a relationship, i don't think i'd be happy either. 

But with the other girl's parents being fine with it, they will just go to that parents house if you guys say no.

So not a lot you can do to stop it even though i'd also be uncomfortable at that point.

Maybe can, maybe can't stop them but you can equally say "no you're not staying at her house on your own".

I think my issue is not kids being kids and trying things, it is the fact she is so young, the relationship is new and her Mum is blasé about it to the point of actively encouraging.

On 06/11/2023 at 09:24, Rugeley Villa said:

Madras is the hottest I go 

On 06/11/2023 at 10:11, Paddywhack said:

Same, but I've had Madras in some places where it's blown my head off

This happened this weekend. Went for a Madras with my son. The place was filled with guests what I would describe as people of indian heritage. I suspect the waiter/chefs decided to take the absolute piss. **** me 🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tegis said:

This happened this weekend. Went for a Madras with my son. The place was filled with guests what I would describe as people of indian heritage. I suspect the waiter/chefs decided to take the absolute piss. **** me 🥵

haha.

We tried a local delivery place for Indian a few weeks back, very nice, so this time I tried the old school chicken vindaloo.

Not the hottest I've ever tried but hot enough.

The chicken loaded fries they do are amazing too, and a Sunday Munch Box with all sorts of stuff in for £20 (for two people).

15 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Can't find a better place for this I don't think. What age is it appropriate for your kid to have their girlfriend/boyfriend to stay and let them share a bed? Specifically in this case a lesbian relationship.

It is not my daughter but my partners, I questioned my partner on it and she said "nobody is going to get pregnant", which, whilst accurate is not really the point.

My lad is 10 and a half so not really at this stage yet but for me it would be 16 and also after confirming with whoever his partners parents are. Pregnancy inst my concern, its just the rules that i would apply in my house. If he wants to go off elsewhere I cant stop that however as my dad always said "my house, my rules". Sounds like you are in a tricky situation, I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No wonder your arse is in tatters

A glass of milk is likely to cause more problems than a hot curry! Dairy seems to destroy me. 

One for one of the VT nerds to work out for me as it’s already made me head hurt…

some new images have been released that were taken from the Euclid  telescope in space … the light from some of the images it’s captured has taken 10 billion years to reach us .. if the speed of light is 186,000 miles a second , does that mean we have to multiply 186.000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 x 10,000,000,000 (excuse the lack of mathematical brackets )and that would give us the distance that light originated from ? 

or is it far more simple than that and I’m being a numpty ? 

Edited by tonyh29

42 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

One for one of the VT nerds to work out for me as it’s already made me head hurt…

some new images have been released that were taken from the Euclid  telescope in space … the light from some of the images it’s captured has taken 10 billion years to reach us .. if the speed of light is 186,000 miles a second , does that mean we have to multiply 186.000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 x 10,000,000,000 (excuse the lack of mathematical brackets )and that would give us the distance that light originated from ? 

or is it far more simple than that and I’m being a numpty ? 

Â