General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I have some ITK on this, apparently was just doing 22 mph and the car just flipped over. Professional driver in the back was just protected by the angle of the car. Safety assessment said helmets weren’t required.

Your correct, although it was a  Morgan super 3,  you can see Tiff Needle struggling with it here and he's a professional driver. If it tipped up just on the one side you can see why Flintoff took the brunt and the passenger got away with it.

Screenshot_20231017_132451_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

Apparently the last thing he said before getting in the car was "do I need a helmet" and he was told not to worry. 

Easy to say in hindsight that people should take some responsibility for their own safety and he should have insisted, but this is why we have safety regs, and why they've been happy to settle this rather than defend that decision in court.

I can see why he might have thought he'd look like a dick pootling around at 20 odd miles and hour in a helmet after he'd been told he didn't need one

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Dickhead drivers using our side street as a rally track because the main roads through rugeley are full of temporary traffic lights because of roadworks. The speed some of them are coming down is ridiculous. I’ve just gone out in my pjs shouting at the maniacs to slow down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Dickhead drivers using our side street as a rally track because the main roads through rugeley are full of temporary traffic lights because of roadworks. The speed some of them are coming down is ridiculous. I’ve just gone out in my pjs shouting at the maniacs to slow down. 

We’ve got some delightful members of the travelling community in the park over the back fence. They’ve carved up the whole park with their 4x4s and carved up my sleep with their motocross bikes at all times of the night. The whole park looks like a council tip now with the amount of stuff they’ve just dumped. 
I happened to be working out in the park when the council came to serve their eviction notice. They were so aggressive but you could see from the distance I was at, it was all a well practiced act. Each of them took a turn to berate the enforcement officers. 
I know travellers get an unnecessarily hard time but some of them don’t help their cause.  

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I heard you, I'm gonna give you a nice burn out once your tucked up in bed. 😂

• Haha 1

Currently watching Bangers, Mad for cars on C4. Gotta say it maybe the worst car program I have ever seen. Tinie Tempa and Naomi Schiff (respected racing car driver) talking 80s hot hatches they have no idea about, didnt even put them through there paces, terrible. Rated 2 out 10.

7 hours ago, choffer said:

We’ve got some delightful members of the travelling community in the park over the back fence. They’ve carved up the whole park with their 4x4s and carved up my sleep with their motocross bikes at all times of the night. The whole park looks like a council tip now with the amount of stuff they’ve just dumped. 
I happened to be working out in the park when the council came to serve their eviction notice. They were so aggressive but you could see from the distance I was at, it was all a well practiced act. Each of them took a turn to berate the enforcement officers. 
I know travellers get an unnecessarily hard time but some of them don’t help their cause.  

I know everyone in the UK gives the US a hard time, but this would just never happen over here.

And sure, the nutty neighbor we all have might go out with a shotgun - but before that, the police would crack down on that in a New York minute.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, choffer said:

It’s not on is it. Law to themselves a lot of the time. Just respect the land you’re living on or at least find somewhere suitable. 

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There was a time, 10-15 years ago, that they were threatening to make the Smith children legit actors/musicians, ones that we would have to endure. Trying to make them “a thing” as people say.

I consider it a triumph in recent human history that the world largely said “No, Mr Smith. You may have sufficient enough charm to maintain a career in these fields, your children do not.”

In fairness, I am really referring to Jaden in the main. Other than whipping her hair back and forth, I don’t know much about Willow.

The writing was on the wall years ago when they said they grew up in a zero disciple environment and were allowed to express themselves in any way they liked. 

I'm surprised they haven't gone totally off the rails yet. 

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Currently watching Bangers, Mad for cars on C4. Gotta say it maybe the worst car program I have ever seen. Tinie Tempa and Naomi Schiff (respected racing car driver) talking 80s hot hatches they have no idea about, didnt even put them through there paces, terrible. Rated 2 out 10.

Tinie Tempa is the most unsuitable TV presenter I've ever seen. 

Someone somewhere is trying to get him a TV career. He hosted a home show recently and it was excruciating. 

It must really piss of actual proper slick professional TV presenters that "celebrities" get these gigs. 

11 hours ago, choffer said:

we have a legit traveller site near us in Lyne , its been there for over 40 years now 

It would appear that after nitrous oxide , the second most popular thing for travellers is Chinese take away  .. They go to the one in our village and park all along the road blocking peoples drives , up on the pavement and if both of these are full , they just park in the middle of the road  and block the road   .. they sit in their cars , eat their food , chuck all the rubbish out the windows and then off they go 

its been reported dozens and dozens of times , council and police just type it up on their invisible typewriters and not one **** is given 

I'd hate to be the person that asks them to move their cars ...but luckily St Peters hospital is only 3/4 of a mile away for anyone stupid enough to do so 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I know it's not very VT to tarnish an entire group of people because of a few isolated incidents personally affecting an individual, but gypsies are **** scum.

I feel for the kids somewhat, that they will almost inevitably fall into the same fate as their scummy parents have, but I absolutely hate them. 

The parent's don't even care for their kids, they'll literally put them in life endangering situations for metal in some cases.  They can always bang another few out to replace the dead ones though, innit. 

There's some selection bias there though isn't there.

To my knowledge I've never met a traveller that isn't kicking off, or committing some sort of crime. I guess the question is, how would I know? The people that go about their business without being a pain to the locals, who raise their kids well, well, you're either not interacting with them, or if you are you probably wouldn't assume that they're travellers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To my knowledge I've never met a traveller that isn't kicking off, or committing some sort of crime. I guess the question is, how would I know? The people that go about their business without being a pain to the locals, who raise their kids well, well, you're either not interacting with them, or if you are you probably wouldn't assume that they're travellers.

I know what they're all plotting, the bastards :P 

No, you're absolutely right, there must be some "alright" ones, but it's highly unusual on the rare occasion I've met/see a group of them, they are all being dickheads.

I occasionally see a travelling community when I’m driving about. Typically pitched up on alongside an A road with their vardo waggons and horses (yes, I had to look up what the name of the waggon was when typing this). When I say occasionally I would say 3 or 4 times a year. Usually in the same locations.

I kinda have the sense that the travellers I see are relatively benign. I can’t really justify why I think that, they just come across that way. There is or can be damage to the gates and fences from the horses being secured to posts.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of my favourite guitarists came from the traveller community. VT Brownie Point to anyone who can guess who he is. 

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I know it's not very VT to tarnish an entire group of people because of a few isolated incidents personally affecting an individual, but gypsies are **** scum.

I feel for the kids somewhat, that they will almost inevitably fall into the same fate as their scummy parents have, but I absolutely hate them. 

The parent's don't even care for their kids, they'll literally put them in life endangering situations for metal in some cases.  They can always bang another few out to replace the dead ones though, innit. 

It’s not very VT because it’s racist.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One of my favourite guitarists came from the traveller community. VT Brownie Point to anyone who can guess who he is. 

Bert Jansch?

Edited by Seat68

Â