General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I had my doubts but apparently it still is! 

I realized as soon as I was put inside that I have watched waaaaay too many sci-fi movies where people die, burn to death or get eaten by aliens when they are inside 'hibernation chambers'  so that was all I could think about lol!!!!! And the flippin' noise!

Did they offer to play a CD of your choice while you were in there? I've done it, and it was a waste of time, you couldn't hear it over the racket the machine makes. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Did they offer to play a CD of your choice while you were in there? I've done it, and it was a waste of time, you couldn't hear it over the racket the machine makes. 

Nope and I agree it would have been pointless as it was so loud.

What I don't understand is that the noises were not mechanical, they seemed synthesized. So why did they need to be so loud? They can't be a function of the machine surely? They sounded like a pop synth/drum machine!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Valentine's Day... anyone doing anything special?

I am. Chicken Zinger meal from KFC. Forgot how good they were! 

I don't really buy into V Day, but we use it as an excuse to go for a nice meal.

Went to The Oak Room at Moor Hall (in our neck of the woods)

Decent grub but a very old fashioned restaurant. I think I violated their dress code as everyone was in shirt and tie and I rocked up in skinny jeans and loafers (the VT favourite ;) ) and a long sleeved tee. Waiter gave me a very funny look.

So yeah, nice food but expensive and old fashioned.

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So I got my valentines gift she only went and got me a chocolate fountain. Only took 3 hours to get the bloody thing working! Game of thrones was cancelled due to a chocolate malfunction:rant:

@Rob182 had one of them the other day too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So I got my valentines gift she only went and got me a chocolate fountain. Only took 3 hours to get the bloody thing working! Game of thrones was cancelled due to a chocolate malfunction:rant:

Thats some Rugeley level kinky right there, hope you had the plastic sheets down.

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2018 at 16:23, wazzap24 said:

Ugh. New neighbours moving in today after 15 blissful years with the previous fam. 

I like to smoke a J in the back garden at night and I've got to try and work out if they are the sort that'll be ringing the old bill if they get a whiff.

Uncertain times. 

Update: 

New neighbours are f*****g weird. 

But, I haven't been rumbled. Yet. :ph34r:

Is anyone on here from Leamington Spa?

Is it a bit inbred? 

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

The only fact I know about Leamington Spa is that their Dave Gorman is a dick. 

That's not very helpful, admittedly. 

There's definitely an extra digit situation next door.

I don't know much about L.Spa, I always thought it was posh, but this lot have got that Nuneaton/Arley vibe about them and I don't like it. 

Leamington Spa for me was where those little postcards inside CD's used to be sent if you wanted to sign up for a bands mailing list. That and there was a really twee indie compilation named after it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So now theres a video doing the rounds of men auctioning women on the streets of London.  How the **** can this be allowed to happen? 

Is there a catalogue so I can choose one?

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is there a catalogue so I can choose one?

You can only see their eyes so it's a bit risky. Don't know what you're buying. The auctioneer is giving a full description though. 

Edit : it can't be real. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can only see their eyes so it's a bit risky. Don't know what you're buying. The auctioneer is giving a full description though. 

Edit : it can't be real. 

Sold as seen. No warranty given or implied. 

On 2/15/2018 at 11:08, Stevo985 said:

I don't really buy into V Day, but we use it as an excuse to go for a nice meal.

Went to The Oak Room at Moor Hall (in our neck of the woods)

Decent grub but a very old fashioned restaurant. I think I violated their dress code as everyone was in shirt and tie and I rocked up in skinny jeans and loafers (the VT favourite ;) ) and a long sleeved tee. Waiter gave me a very funny look.

So yeah, nice food but expensive and old fashioned.

I do like the Oak Room but i know what you mean, its very 'old school'. I used to go to the gym at Moor Hall. It's not bad, very quiet most night and afterwards you can venture to an oak panelled room and have a brandy while reading the Financial Times ;)

Â