General Chat

Stevo985

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone else get annoyed when your told you have put on weight by someone else much fatter than you?

"You're doing alright for both of us".

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I've just been debating if I'd have won the jackpot tonight, or not. I'd have said 'Comin' Down', but the track is called I'm Comin' Down' (tracks on Screamadelica), so I don't think they'd have given me it. Can't believe 'Come Together' was pointless too. I thought it'd be one of the most well know tracks on the album. 

I couldn't have, but then I wouldn't have chosen that topic. The contestants I knew were the mother and daughter, Ann and Emma. A bit unlucky with that Mark Twain answer, I thought. 

I applied to go on Pointless with my mate and got a phone call about a year later asking for us to audition, only he'd sold his mobile to his sister who told them to **** off when they tried ringing him.  I've never forgiven either of them for that.

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I've just been debating if I'd have won the jackpot tonight, or not. I'd have said 'Comin' Down', but the track is called I'm Comin' Down' (tracks on Screamadelica), so I don't think they'd have given me it. Can't believe 'Come Together' was pointless too. I thought it'd be one of the most well know tracks on the album. 

One of the few categories anywhere ever where I'd have given myself a little mental fist pump of delight as I started spending my winnings whilst selecting which pointless answer to dazzle them with. You get me to that final, I'll get you the win.

The Creation label could do no wrong for a while back there. The actually had the band 'The Creation' signed, I loved them. They had Primal Scream, they had 'The Times' with Ed Ball. They even had 'Super Furry Animals' at the time they released two songs we still sing at the footy every home game to this day.

Primal Scream had the sounds and the songs, superb lyrics:

Today on this program you will hear gospel,
And rhythm and blues, and jazz
All those are just labels
We know that music is music

That album Screamadelica is right up there. It annoyed their 'rock' fans and it pointed me at a whole new thing, standing in fields or laying in fields looking at the stars, or at least looking at the top of a big marquee tent. 

To win, and show off, I'd have gone for a proper tricky little title, Higher than the sun (a dub symphony in 2 parts).

Boosh, where's my winnings?

In fact, I'm going to go dig it out right now and transport myself....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The Creation label could do no wrong for a while back there. The actually had the band 'The Creation' signed, I loved them. They had Primal Scream, they had 'The Times' with Ed Ball. They even had 'Super Furry Animals' at the time they released two songs we still sing at the footy every home game to this day.

And Teenage Fanclub. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone else get annoyed when your told you have put on weight by someone else much fatter than you?

2011 I started losing the weight due to a fat word removed telling me I looked fat (I was, but not as fat as him).

11 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

And Teenage Fanclub. 

and Ride, for me releasing their one and only good tune in Twisterella. Contentious I know but I flounced off many an indie disco dance floor when they played chelsea girl, see also Moose, Slowdive, Catherine Wheel and early Lush.

• Like 1

......Jesus and Mary Chain.....Saint Etienne.....The Cramps.....

it was one of those rare moments in time where you could buy something you didn't recognise because the label was absolutely on point

ooh yeah, and the first Oasis album wasn't too scruffy either

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't listen to him. Gabby's talking sh*t again.

• Like 2

We had a family day out yesterday at Dudley zoo. In the tiger enclosure a part of it you can walk down to where your just separated by glass and your basically nose to nose with them. Absolutely beautiful animals and being that close to them made my stomach turn. Then was walking through the lemur forest where they run free and all of a sudden one jumps on my shoulder and starts doing all kinds of weird stuff. For the next ten minutes while he's on my shoulder I'm like a tourist attraction with a crowd of people taking photos and what have you. 

45 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Of all the things you have inserted into your missuses minge, a lemur wasn't one of the things I'd have expected.

Considering the last two items were a cucumber and some hair straighteners, it perhaps should have been on your list!

• Like 2

On 15 April 2016 at 08:07, Seat68 said:

2011 I started losing the weight due to a fat word removed telling me I looked fat (I was, but not as fat as him).

Are you a female  ?

the correct response for a man when being told they look fat is to do the truffle shuffle and then munch down on a kebab ....not go on a diet 

• Like 1

Â