General Chat

Stevo985

So I purchased a windows 8.1 phone today after saying I'd never buy one again a year or so ago. Its luminous green too. So yeah.

Also bought some Asda's own Jungle Bites cereal and a dark chocolate bounty.

Now on a night shift until 07:30 bored out of my head.

Just thought I'd share some insight and a beautifully mundane moment into my wonderful world.

8.1? I thought that was only for developer release at the moment?

Lumia 630, first to ship with it I think. Seems pretty decent for £90, only really missing flash led and a front facer but its hardly a deal breaker.

• Like 1

Snails are pretty cool, I probably wouldn't go to the bother of saving any though if I'm honest.

I very rarely punch the clown standing up, I don't like it, I have to lie down.

Our next door neighbour is noisy every now and again, but she's a bit insane so we leave her to it.

I own some shoes.

Regarding post cycles, I don't post very often but when I do I cover all topics.

• Like 4

I usually start lying down, then work my way up to standing up. It's process.

Did your penis write this?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

So I purchased a windows 8.1 phone today after saying I'd never buy one again a year or so ago. Its luminous green too. So yeah.

Also bought some Asda's own Jungle Bites cereal and a dark chocolate bounty.

Now on a night shift until 07:30 bored out of my head.

Just thought I'd share some insight and a beautifully mundane moment into my wonderful world.

8.1? I thought that was only for developer release at the moment?
Lumia 630, first to ship with it I think. Seems pretty decent for £90, only really missing flash led and a front facer but its hardly a deal breaker.

Any phone with windows is a deal breaker

• Like 1

Anyone got any experience with dealing with noisy neighbours? I live on the end of terrace of 4 houses and this absolute rocket polisher lives on the other end, he regularly insists on playing his drum and bass music ridiculously loud. He's currently having a party and I can't sleep for the noise his music and dick head friends are making outside. I've spoken to him before about it but it obviously hasn't sank in that other people are affected by his music. Any tips?

Have you tried throwing a wheelie bin through his living room window?

Anyone got any experience with dealing with noisy neighbours? I live on the end of terrace of 4 houses and this absolute rocket polisher lives on the other end, he regularly insists on playing his drum and bass music ridiculously loud. He's currently having a party and I can't sleep for the noise his music and dick head friends are making outside. I've spoken to him before about it but it obviously hasn't sank in that other people are affected by his music. Any tips?

Have you tried throwing a wheelie bin through his living room window?

I was close last night. I'm shattered this morning, it didn't stop till half 2. 

First suggestion would be to watch the bad neighbour programme on channel 5. That should give you several tips on the best way to go with this.

We've covered this before. I had a similar problem - dickhead neighbour playing very loud dance music all night (he was in a multi-occupancy rented property). 

As he seemed to sleep during the day,at 7.00 am I turned my speakers to face the wall, turned up the volume to maximum, put The Small Faces' track "Lazy Sunday" on repeat play, and went to work. 

Next night he was at it again, and at about 3.00 am I finally lost it, went round and told him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't switch it off, his music system was going to go through the window and he was going to go through after it. 

That seemed to work in the short term, but over the next few days my car got vandalised (wing mirror broken off - on the pavement side). Probably not coincidence, but I couldn't prove anything. 

Anyway, after more complaints from his fellow tenants, the landlord chucked him out. 

It wasn't long after that that we sold up and moved to a 'nicer' part of town. 

Edited by mjmooney

Keep a list of the specific dates and times of each incident (and the type of noise) then file a report with your local council.  The police won't get involved unless there's a threat/risk of harm.

Cheers, I'll start noting them down.

We've covered this before. I had a similar problem - dickhead neighbour playing very loud dance music all night (he was in a multi-occupancy rented property). 

As he seemed to sleep during the day,at 7.00 am I turned my speakers to face the wall, turned up the volume to maximum, put The Small Faces' track "Lazy Sunday" on repeat play, and went to work. 

Next night he was at it again, and at about 3.00 am I finally lost it, went round and told him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't switch it off, his music system was going to go through the window and he was going to go through after it. 

That seemed to work in the short term, but over the next few days my car got vandalised (wing mirror broken off - on the pavement side). Probably not coincidence, but I couldn't prove anything. 

Anyway, after more complaints from his fellow tenants, the landlord chucked him out. 

It wasn't long after that that we sold up and moved to a 'nicer' part of town. 

Unfortunately this guy owns the house himself as that would be ideal. 

Ask politely first time, they just may not realise.

I've been round before and told him politely to turn it down, to be fair he seemed quite surprised that anyone could hear it (as it was blaring through the open door), he apologised and turned it down. That lasted for a few days before his next jungle and drum & bass episode. 

The property next door to me is a rented placed and a guy who's an absolute beast we've since nicknamed "Beefcake" has moved in, I was hoping he'd get pissed off an go round last night. Unfortunately not :(

Ask politely first time, they just may not realise.

If someone is too stupid to realize that their ridiculously loud music and mates may well, at 1am on a school night, be causing a disturbance and a severe inconvenience to someone else then they're probably going to struggle with the concept of being 'asked' to be considerate, whether politely or otherwise.

For 'not realize', one should generally read 'not think' or 'not give a shit'.

Â