Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I have no sympathy for woodgate at all, this can be considered karma for the time he and his mate decided to beat up some random asian lad.

Excellent point, I had forgotten all about that which is shocking seeing as I was in the club that night at witnessed the start of the incident. :oops:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember. Was the fact that he was asian relevant or was it just 'normal' nightclub violence? i.e. are people incorrectly using the race card to worsen the crime?

I can't remember. Was the fact that he was asian relevant or was it just 'normal' nightclub violence? i.e. are people incorrectly using the race card to worsen the crime?

I know what you mean BOF, the race of a victim isn't always the reason for them being attacked and the line often becomes blurred between someone being the victim of a 'racist' attack and being a ethnic minority viticm of an attack.

On this occasion from what I recall the labelling of it as a 'race' crime was a little wide of the mark. It wasn't about race he just happened to be Asian and as I said I was there and not far away from where it all happened or at least started, the actual violence came later and outside the club.

What isn't in doubt though is the fact the lad was beaten and that while Bowyer got off, Woodgate got community service and was by all accounts very lucky to do so.

Edit - This may or may not jog your memory Here

In fairness though BOF Bowyer had more of a reputation to start with after kicking off in a McDonalds while at Charlton in addition to his behaviour on the pitch compared to Woodgate who on the pitch has behaved even if he hasn't always off it. Plus Woodgate looks like the guy next door and Bowyer looks like a thug. Its down to one of these two or maybe both.

Plus Woodgate looks like the guy next door and Bowyer looks like a thug

I always put it down to that. Which is rather unfair of people. Especially given that Woody's not-very-well-known other behaviour hasn't always been pristine *cough*

Plus Woodgate looks like the guy next door and Bowyer looks like a thug

I always put it down to that. Which is rather unfair of people. Especially given that Woody's not-very-well-known other behaviour hasn't always been pristine *cough*

I think its a little of A and a little of B personally.

As far as the race for 4th is concerned, Spurs are still well in it. How can we succeed in finishing 4th? The answer is obviously by winning a large proportion of our remaining games, whether home or away. Will we do that? Who yet knows, but I certainly haven't written off our chances ... far from it.

For example, City may have games in hand, but we beat them 3 - 0 at home and I wouldn't be so surprised if we go to Eastlands and beat them again. And Villa come to us this weekend, as you know.

It's all up for grabs and I'm reasonably content with the position that Spurs are in right now.

I don't doubt you haven't written off your chances, you come on here every season spouting the same boring shite.

I don't doubt you haven't written off your chances, you come on here every season spouting the same boring shite.

All I've basically said is "As far as the race for 4th is concerned, Spurs are still well in it".

If you don't think that's true, then it's you that spouting the "shite".

And truth be told, Villa have the easier of last 3-4 games.

Villa play the scum, City, Blackburn and Pompey

Spurs play Chelsea, Utd, Bolton and Burnley

City play Utd, Arsenal, Villa, Wham.

Liverpool play Wham, Burnley, Chelsea and Hull.

I suspect it was the use of the term "Paki"before committing the assault which gives a clue.

Was just about to post the same so thanks.

Like i said i couldn't give a shit if his career was over.

All I've basically said is "As far as the race for 4th is concerned, Spurs are still well in it".

If you don't think that's true, then it's you that spouting the "shite".

If you read my post again, you'll notice that it says "you come on here every season spouting the same boring shite"

Then every season Spudz fall away into nothingness, this season will be no different IMO, hence I'm not spouting shite.

It's also quite boring how you pop up when your lot are in form, no doubt when you're shite again we won't be seeing you around here...

... every season Spudz fall away into nothingness, this season will be no different IMO, hence I'm not spouting shite.

Two 5th places finishes, plus two Wembley appearances and a League Cup, all in the last 4 seasons, says otherwise.

Those who live in glass houses ....

... every season Spudz fall away into nothingness, this season will be no different IMO, hence I'm not spouting shite.

Two 5th places finishes, plus two Wembley appearances and a League Cup, all in the last 4 seasons, says otherwise.

Those who live in glass houses ....

We've finished in the top 6 the last two season and have reached one cup final which is yet to be decided.

Â