Luke young?

kiddybloke

test  

1. 1. test

• test
    • test

It sounds to me as if there is still a bit of doubt about his fitness and , for obvious reasons, quite a lot about his emotional preparedness. It would be catastrophic for him to come back before he was ready, particularly into the intensity of a Scum match.

yep, Beye to keep the shirt for the SHA game, for me.

Too right. Although if he keeps improving, I can see it being a while before Young gets a look in. It wouldn't be fair to Beye to drop him if he plays well.

yep, Beye to keep the shirt for the SHA game, for me.

Too right. Although if he keeps improving, I can see it being a while before Young gets a look in. It wouldn't be fair to Beye to drop him if he plays well.

I dont think he's all that great to be honest. Alright back up, nothing more.

I'm not sure it's the right game for him either, however to leave him out for that reason means that those who sing/chant the offensive chants win doesn't it? Not sure they should be given that victory. Even if you have him on the bench I'm sure the chants would still be sung.

cant complain about dodgy songs too much some villa fans used to love singing about cisse's family

by no means loads, but a fair few

To be fair, I think you can complain about them. Just because some idiotic Villa fans chose to sing about someone's whole family dying doesn't mean that we condone that and therefore can't criticise others for their chants. If we personally were the ones singing it, then fair enough, that would be hypocritical. But I imagine those saying about them weren't....

Looking forward to the game comming up, and think L.Young is not one to shirk for the derby, but this one may be one too early.

Changing too much of the defence we have had so far would maybe an error, but who are we to determin what MON thinks?

Give Beye his first midland derby, I`m sure he will be up for it.

As a regular poster on this site, it's been difficult to read this thread. As some of you will know from my previous posts when Luke Young signed for Villa, his half-brother Andre was someone I knew extremely well. I remember the morning after Luke signed for us - knowing I was a Villa fan, Andre was thrilled to tell me about it, as he was when Luke got his chance for England.

He attended the school that I work at in Saffron Walden and I have been his form tutor, working with him every day, for his entire time at the school. I took him through everything from his GCSEs to work experience and A-levels; he was an amazingly talented, funny and fantastic person. I also taught him English when he was in the sixth form - he had just finished his AS exams in July and then went on holiday where he had the tragic accident. Andre and most of the other boys that went on the holiday had become really good friends of mine and everyone at school is still going through a really difficult time. Memorials events are being arranged by my students at the moment.

I think football can wait - for Luke Young - and for me at the moment. When he's ready, he's ready and I'm sure MON will do the right thing. Considering what the family, who I also know well, are going through, even a fierce local derby pales into significance.

As a regular poster on this site, it's been difficult to read this thread. As some of you will know from my previous posts when Luke Young signed for Villa, his half-brother Andre was someone I knew extremely well. I remember the morning after Luke signed for us - knowing I was a Villa fan, Andre was thrilled to tell me about it, as he was when Luke got his chance for England.

He attended the school that I work at in Saffron Walden and I have been his form tutor, working with him every day, for his entire time at the school. I took him through everything from his GCSEs to work experience and A-levels; he was an amazingly talented, funny and fantastic person. I also taught him English when he was in the sixth form - he had just finished his AS exams in July and then went on holiday where he had the tragic accident. Andre and most of the other boys that went on the holiday had become really good friends of mine and everyone at school is still going through a really difficult time. Memorials events are being arranged by my students at the moment.

I think football can wait - for Luke Young - and for me at the moment. When he's ready, he's ready and I'm sure MON will do the right thing. Considering what the family, who I also know well, are going through, even a fierce local derby pales into significance.

So sad to learn of such a bright light going out so young. I feel the same way when I see our great young and dead soldiers pictured in the papers, such a waste of talent for us all. :cry:

IMO Luke should not play, if the SHA do sing any songs (sure they will) the lads on the pitch should shut them up pretty quick, no motivation needed here.UTV

Very little chance of him playing against SHA as MON admits in that article there are still days when he obviously struggles with the loss of his brother. Plus a full blooded derby game isn't the wisest game to start a player who hasn't played for quite a few months.

He'll start against Cardiff which is logical and I don't think it will be too long before he's the first choice RB. Beye's been o.k but I prefer Luke there as he's more defensively solid.

Very sad about his brother, and in no means should he be rushed back(even if injury free) until he feels he is ready himself. I am looking forward to having him back in our team, our 2nd or 3rd best player last season, and probably our most consistent. Beye did well in the last few games, and I wouldnt mind him deputising until Young is ready. I hope Young has a great season again and gives Capello a selection headache. A better player than Wes Brown surely.

Contrary to what most people on here are saying I do want him to play. Beye has been the most shaky of our backline if you ask me. He's been the one more prone to a bad pass and give away. Shorey isn't too far behind him, but has certainly improved over the last couple matches.

I really can't see the vermin chanting about his death, but then again I've never been to St. Andrews or a derby match. Perhaps they will, if they do, what better way to spotlight how shitty support they are. (At the expense of Luke Young though...i'm not sure how to feel about that). But he is a big boy and I'm sure he would just get on with it and all the lads on the pitch would fight that much harder.

Â