Luke young?

kiddybloke

test  

1. 1. test

• test
    • test

It's early days so far, but Beye does seem to get beaten easily down his side.

Insua, Koumas and one of the Rapid players all just skipped past his side to help create/score goals.

Against Fulham he looked solid because no one was working the left-flank.

I don't know. Maybe he needs to get used to our expected level of competence in defence. Because I'm pretty sure it aint the same down at Newcastle.

I'm still more confident with Luke. He's our best right-back at the moment.

I think Beye has done OK. I am surprised by BOF's assessment, I'm not seeing the glut of mistakes at all. I think he does try and play his way out of trouble a little too much, but it hasn't come back to haunt him just yet and I don't recall a host of crosses coming from his wing at all.

I dunno BOF, lost me mate.

agree with you Dave.

he's looked pretty good to me. I've seen the odd misplaced pass etc, but nothing out of the norm.

I must be watching a different player to Bri. Decent signing IMO.

I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

Risso, that you?

:lol: :winkold:

I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

Risso, that you?

Cheeky sod!

I've actually been quite impressed with Beye I'll have you know. Few shaky moments, but that's to be expected, but overall seems quite nice and tidy, and has put in a good few saving tackles.

As for the worst right back, christ, nowhere near. Step forward Mr UDLC for that honour.

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.
Woooooooaahhh woah woah.

As recently as a few years ago...Aaron Hughes, man I despised him playing for us, at least a mistake a game, so bad. Could cross, had nothing else going for him.

Although positionally he can sometimes lack, he makes up it with his pace and excellent timed tackles.

Also on the ball, he's very calm under pressure, like against Liverpool, many other right backs quite a number of times would of got rid of the ball and played it down the line or just up towards the striker, a blind hopeful, 50/50 pass, but he had confidence in his ability, to turn, keep hold of the ball before playing a short ball into the midfield or into a man that was available.

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.
Woooooooaahhh woah woah.

As recently as a few years ago...Aaron Hughes, man I despised him playing for us, at least a mistake a game, so bad. Could cross, had nothing else going for him.

Hey, hey..

What about Bardsley? He has to have been the worst.

That's quite a claim of BOF's and I sincerely hope he lives to withdraw it (otherwise we are in deep trouble).

Risso, that you?

Cheeky sod!

Sorry mart, couldn't resist. :winkold:

The quote bore the hallmarks of the infamous Cuellar and Davies: "The 2 worst centre halves in the Premier League/Living Memory". It certainly has parallells. thought you might have hot tailed it over to Ireland or something ..... :P

I've actually been quite impressed with Beye I'll have you know.

Good stuff. Me too. He looks half decent to me, to the point where we have not been unduly affected by Luke's absence.

That's quite a claim of BOF's and I sincerely hope he lives to withdraw it (otherwise we are in deep trouble).

I know it is quite a claim and I laboured over making it but that's honestly how I see him at the moment. But I too hope I live to withdraw it and that he cuts out the mistakes.

Thought this was the Luke Young thread?

Seeing as we are talking about Beye though, I think he's been alright, but does look out of position quite a lot.

Hopefully Luke will be back soon, although after reading that article I'm more than happy for him to take his time.

Woooooooaahhh woah woah.

De la Cruz as well. How you can say Beye is the worst right back you have seen is ridiculous.

Aaron Hughes as well, he was terrible, for Fulham on Sunday he showed exactly what he used to do for Villa for Gabby's goal, just back off and back off until they have a shot.

Luke Young is better than Beye but we will see how the season pans out.

De la Cruz as well. How you can say Beye is the worst right back you have seen is ridiculous.

Aaron Hughes as well, he was terrible, for Fulham on Sunday he showed exactly what he used to do for Villa for Gabby's goal, just back off and back off until they have a shot.

I'll bold the stuff you've clearly missed

because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

Why do people not read what others actually write? That's a general comment btw trinity, not exclusive to you :?

I'll bold the stuff you've clearly missed

because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

Why do people not read what others actually write? That's a general comment btw trinity, not exclusive to you :?

I don't think he is anywhere near it and for others reference earlier to the thread neither was Hughes.

Luke Young has been excellent for us since he came but I also think Beye has done well and I wouldn't be suprised if Luke doesn't come straight in.

Can't understand the people slagging Beye off as I think he's a really good player that has done a good job there.

I only saw the Scouse Fulham and Vienna games from the luxury of a bar in Tenerife, but with what I saw (as well as the debacle that was Wigan) I really can't wait for Young to get back.

For an experienced RB I've never saw someone caught out of position so much, and at scouseland, Beye was bloody lucky Friedal had one of his games we all thought he could have.

Got no issues with him being on the bench, but nowhere near a starter.

Young , Dunne , Cueller or Davies , Bouma or Warnock

I'll be relatively stress free.

Aston Villa defender Luke Young could return for the Birmingham derby after a spell on the sidelines.

The 30-year-old full-back has been out with a thigh problem and has also been recovering following the death of his half brother.

The former England defender was a regular performer in Villa's side last season, and Martin O'Neill believes he is returning to fitness after his spell of compassionate leave.

"Luke Young is improving his general fitness and feeling a bit stronger after his recent tragedy," the Villa boss said.

"I had a word with him and he said he is feeling a lot better. Physically he has got a bit of work to do but he is improving.

"Emotionally that is a different aspect altogether and that is something he will be able to tell you, but he is back here day to day.

"He will get an opportunity to take a day or two away any time he needs with our blessing. He needs as long as he needs. We will see. We will use this wee bit of time for him to reintegrate again."

Rivals

Villa are currently two points ahead of arch rivals Birmingham with a game in hand, and Young could be given a place in the team for the crunch game at St Andrew's on Sunday.

"Is the Birmingham game realistic for Luke Young?" O'Neill added. "I would say at this minute physically there is no reason why it shouldn't be.

"I know he has got a bit of work to do and it is frustrating for Luke from the physical aspect, almost being ready pre-season and then having to come out of games at a few hours' notice.

"That is something that is a new experience for him but overall he is getting there."

Link

Â