Luke young?

kiddybloke

test  

1. 1. test

• test
    • test

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

he is no worse a right back than mellberg was in my opinion.

yeah, think about it before you all jump down my throat - he was a legend and a great centre half but the season he played at right back he was rubbish. out of position, couldnt go forward, last ditch tackles to recover and then hoof it into the stand blindly everytime. at least beye looks like a bit of a footballer - we've probably had more worse right backs than him than better ones in the 30 years i've been a fan.

People seem to make a big deal out of Mellberg at RB, but in my eyes if we had bought a foreigner in who performed the same, grabbing a few goals and defending solidly, then people would've been jizzing themselves.

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

Thats a bit strong mate. I haven`t watched his every move but from what i`ve seen so far hes pretty strong in the tackle and he shepards the ball out of play well. What is it that bothers you so much?

Just for the record, in my opinion Gardner is terrible at rb defensively.

People seem to make a big deal out of Mellberg at RB, but in my eyes if we had bought a foreigner in who performed the same, grabbing a few goals and defending solidly, then people would've been jizzing themselves.

nah they woudnt - if we had bought someone to play at right back who so obviously didnt naturally fit the position we would have been crying out to try him in the middle! dont think he ever scored from right back either, not that any of this is relevant to beye anyway - or luke young for that matter!!!

nah they woudnt - if we had bought someone to play at right back who so obviously didnt naturally fit the position we would have been crying out to try him in the middle! dont think he ever scored from right back either, not that any of this is relevant to beye anyway - or luke young for that matter!!!

Middlesboro away :) henry esque.

For me you gauge a defender on their mistakes, not on how many things they do right. If a defender does 20 good things in a match, but makes 10 mistakes then you can't defend them by pointing out the good things. I think you could watch Beye's matches so far and point out a slew of mistakes and passes to opponents or going awol. A bit like how Shorey was at leftback before we threatened him with a replacement, though without Shorey's quality forward play.

Beye will win headers and tackles. Woopdeedoo. But the opposition will, more often than not, come down his side and get joy going past him and getting crosses in. Anyway, as I say, he may improve, I just think we've bought a dud.

For me you gauge a defender on their mistakes, not on how many things they do right. If a defender does 20 good things in a match, but makes 10 mistakes then you can't defend them by pointing out the good things. I think you could watch Beye's matches so far and point out a slew of mistakes and passes to opponents or going awol. A bit like how Shorey was at leftback before we threatened him with a replacement, though without Shorey's quality forward play.

Beye will win headers and tackles. Woopdeedoo. But the opposition will, more often than not, come down his side and get joy going past him and getting crosses in. Anyway, as I say, he may improve, I just think we've bought a dud.

fair enough - i guess its the same kind of reasoning why i dont think that david james should be england keeper. that said you could also defend him with the same argument - whilst not perfect he was basically the best available for the position at the time.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive, but if I was Luke I would want to be back at work to take my mind off of things as much as is possible. It will do him good. For selfish reasons too, because I think he's the best right back I've seen down VP in 16 years.

That said, people deal with things in different ways. I'm not going to judge.

fair enough, i think at times his passing has looked poor but as a defender i really haven't seen many mistakes and i'm confident that when luke young is out beye can step in and do a job for us.

That said, people deal with things in different ways. I'm not going to judge.

True, Collinson at west ham was playing the night after his dad had died.

Hopefully Luke will be back soon.

I think Beye has done OK. I am surprised by BOF's assessment, I'm not seeing the glut of mistakes at all. I think he does try and play his way out of trouble a little too much, but it hasn't come back to haunt him just yet and I don't recall a host of crosses coming from his wing at all.

I dunno BOF, lost me mate.

I don't think Luke Young is the best RB I've ever seen but he's certainly a solid enough player and from what I've seen of Beye I will be very happy indeed when he's back in action.

We may be being a bit hard on Beye: of course he has to adjust to our style, etc. But the simple fact is that adjustment means time and mistakes that we can well do without.

True, Collinson at west ham was playing the night after his dad had died.

Hopefully Luke will be back soon.

I don`t think he knew mate, the poor lad.

Beye is doing enough for me at the moment but i will take notes BOF :winkold:

I think Beye has done OK. I am surprised by BOF's assessment, I'm not seeing the glut of mistakes at all. I think he does try and play his way out of trouble a little too much, but it hasn't come back to haunt him just yet and I don't recall a host of crosses coming from his wing at all.

:D I'll go back to wishywashy sitonthewall opinions. They ruffle fewer feathers :nod: ;)

One of the most ridiculous things i've read in my entire life.

Sorry BOF but this is a crazy statement. You seriously believe that??

Hes a solid defender who has got a bit of class about him - can pick a pass, nice control, composed, good in the tackle and likes to get forward.

O.K...his positioning might be a bit off at the minute (cant say that ive witnessed this myself) but as somebody else said it takes time to learn your team-mates games. He deffo offers something to the team.

Hes played 3 games FFS...and i for one have been impressed with him.

Edit: and for 2.5m...i definitely have no complaints. Good signing.

:D I'll go back to wishywashy sitonthewall opinions. They ruffle fewer feathers :nod: ;)

I don't think you're really one for the controversial opinion but you must really believe in this one.

I find it kinda strange because I don't remember many mistakes apart from Wigan and maybe away in Vienna, but they were 2 games when the whole team was awful. Also you aren't giving him much of a chance.

:|

Â