PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Match Thread 12:00

limpid

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in south Brum and don't fancy watching the game round here as I don't want to be mixing with small heath fans in the pubs as they obviously aren't going to the game with all the unsold tickets left.

Which pubs are other fans watching this in?

Going back to the Shorey thing - yes i know he has a decent last few games but there isnt a hope in hell MON is going to start a player he was willing to ship out on loan last week - he is a mediocre - at best - footballer - you play your best side. Just because he has played well it doesnt guarantee your place in the side - and that goes for any sports - ask Adil Rashid (but thats a different matter)

Not sure anyone said but the search function is abit shit.

A bluenose mate got his tickets half price as he's a student. Does this apply to the Villa tickets or do we get **** over on that too.

I wasnt gonna go due to the price and not being able to get there but my mate is driving now so thats one box ticked...obv its all sold out now though.

It's my 21st birthday on Saturday (when we were originally scheduled to play) so this would be an amazing present :flag:

Really starting to look forward to the game now.

dont remind me of 21sts birthdays and blues v villa, we lost to them 2-0 at the sty and i was there, ive never been so gutted on birthday like that in all my life.

COME ON VILLA!!!

MON: Duo Can Handle Pressure

By Paul Brown

Martin O'Neill has backed Richard Dunne and James Collins to handle the intense derby atmosphere this weekend - if called upon.

The Villa boss could turn to one or both of his new defensive recruits after revealing Curtis Davies is now out for a "fairly lengthy time" following an operation on his shoulder.

And he has no doubt both have the character and experience to cope.

He said: "It's a big game to start in but they are two international players, who know the score. I have no concerns about either of them in the game.

"Richard has played in the Manchester and Liverpool derbies and despite only being 29, he's been in and around the game for some time.

"It was great to get both in because with Curtis being out for a fairly lengthy time now, it was just vital. I am delighted to have done so.

"The great thing is they can make themselves instant heroes in this game. It's the way the fixtures have fallen for them.

"Either of them could play. James had an international game for Wales while Richard was excused for his match with the Republic of Ireland. We'll see how we stand when everyone is back."

MON also revealed Luke Young is in contention but the game will come too soon for Freddie Bouma and Stewart Downing.

He added: "Luke is making progress both physically and psychologically.

"He has trained a lot with the team and is feeling much, much better. As for the weekend? I'll have a look when everyone is back from their various international games."

www.avfc.co.uk

You may not agree with how they were used or when or in what position but the fact is they were used.

OK, I'll give you that Ash. They were used, especially in the first half of the season when we were 4-3-3.

But AFAIK, in our last 15-20 games, MON seemingly stuck rigidly with 4-4-2, and had little time for sidders or Coker or Gardner. Despite the poor run.

wrong thread for this though i guess.

I think we'll go 4-3-3 at the sty, i think both coker and sidders will play. I think he'll play warnock, and I think we won't lose.

I hope NRC plays in CM where he has been playing most this season.

He looks a far happier footballer and is far more effective in there, his energy and general pain in the arse'ness to the opposition works well with our 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation.

He will be up for a derby too.

Feck me he even managed a cross field ball during the Plop game that went to one of his team mates!