PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Match Thread 12:00

limpid

I cant stand the shorey. He is a really poor player, cant defend good enough cant pass the ball well, gives the ball away on crucial counter attack breaks leaving the defence exposed. Along side Hesky i wouldn't be disappointed if i never saw him in a Villa shirt again.

In regards to his performances over the last two games doesn't warrant enough to justify him playing. Against L'pool we let them have over 20 shots, the only reason we never lost was mainly due to Friedle. Time and time again Shorey gets caught out with the same move. A winger will run down the wing then once they are near the 18 yard box they cut in and Shorey ends up on his arse.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know they've dropped their ticket prices to £15 or £20 now for all remaining 5 or 6000 seats? They are claiming that row 8 is restricted view because it's "at pitch level"...what about our ones then that are in row 8 and below, small time cretins

You know they've dropped their ticket prices to £15 or £20 now for all remaining 5 or 6000 seats? They are claiming that row 8 is restricted view because it's "at pitch level"...what about our ones then that are in row 8 and below, small time cretins

Oh great... £48 for Row 1...

agree with all the rest of it though Pete. :P :winkold:

I agree with you Jon. I'm not saying that Warnock wont get picked (he almost certainly will in fact) I just think its wrong, its a big weakness of O'Neills this and one of the things he had said that he was going to address (using the squad more)

Yes, Shorey has had his crap moments, even this season against Wigan he was shocking, but the last three games he has played arguably his three best games for the club, i struggle to see how Warnock could improve on those performances and I think dropping Shorey would send out the wrong message.

throwing a guy into the derby on his debut is also a dangerous game imho

It wouldn't just be Warnock though PB because we will likely already have Dunne making his debut and I think 2 making their debut in a back four in a derby match is just too much of a gamble.

As for the comment about O'Neill not using the squad being 'one of his biggest weaknesses' I don't think that is accurate, he has used the players at his disposal its just he hasn't enough of them which is a different issue.

The other thing is that in the past O'Neill has made players earn their position in the side when they have joined rather than gift it to them and I think it will be the same with Shorey/Warnock. If Shorey doesn't start then I think its fair to assume he has no future at the club and will be leaving on loan next week.

I agree with you Jon. I'm not saying that Warnock wont get picked (he almost certainly will in fact) I just think its wrong, its a big weakness of O'Neills this and one of the things he had said that he was going to address (using the squad more)

Yes, Shorey has had his crap moments, even this season against Wigan he was shocking, but the last three games he has played arguably his three best games for the club, i struggle to see how Warnock could improve on those performances and I think dropping Shorey would send out the wrong message.

yep. It is one of MON's faults. he clearly has his "favourites" (pretty much all managers do, TBH) but he tends to over use them, and relies on them too heavily, IMO.

Like you say pete, he has said he will address that this season , and use his squad more, so here's hoping.

But yes, if you're playing well and in possession of the shirt, then IMO it would be harsh and possibly wrong to be dropped for a newby, especially in a game like this.

IMHO, same starting 11 as against Scouserpool (If Davies is fit and available - not heard anyhting on this!). If not, Dunne or The Undertaker (Or clarke) in for him. That would be it.

If Shorey doesn't start then I think its fair to assume he has no future at the club and will be leaving on loan next week.

yep.

or sitting in the "unwanted" bin with Harewood for 5 months.

he has used the players at his disposal its just he hasn't enough of them which is a different issue.

Really?

Coker?

Shorey?

Sidders?

Gardner?

these guys did not get much of a look in last season, IMO. Coker was essentially frozen out by MON, in favour of playing Bary and Petorev every game, come what may, for the 2nd half of the season.

This despite the players apparentrly being "tired". It had me perplexed, I have to say

After the fulham game i would have said that shorey deserves to start and given his performances he really does.

However the club don't want him and have shown that and therefore i can't see anyway he could play.

Warnock is an experienced good player, can't see him having big problems making his debut against the scum.

I'm feeling supremely confident about this one. That almost never happens.

We have a thing at work where everyone puts a quid in and predicts the score of a match on the weekend. This week it's the Villa game. I've gone for 4-1 to Villa.

he has used the players at his disposal its just he hasn't enough of them which is a different issue.

Really?

Coker?

Shorey?

Sidders?

Gardner?

these guys did not get much of a look in last season, IMO. Coker was essentially frozen out by MON, in favour of playing Bary and Petorev every game, come what may, for the 2nd half of the season.

This despite the players apparentrly being "tired". It had me perplexed, I have to say

Yes.

Reo-Coker - 36 appearances

Shorey - 33 appearances

Sidwell - 25 appearances

Gardner - 30 appearances

They may not all be starts and there may be issues over team selection, I certainly agree NRC should have got more games in central midfield. That though is a very different point to the one I originally countered over the use of the squad, these stats clearly show these players were used and very much involved.

You may not agree with how they were used or when or in what position but the fact is they were used.

Could Shorey's last 3 performances have had anything to do with the fact he was looking for a move away? Pompey said they couldn't guarantee him regular first team football and that's why the deal was supposed to have collapsed.

I think Warnock will want to show the fans what he is made of if he makes his debut and I would prefer taking a risk on him than seeing Shorey in a possible sulky mood, over his failed moved back to the South.

The General has started the mind games :twisted:

Bomb disposal experts were called out to a Birmingham street today following the discovery of a suspicious device.

Police were called to Anderton Road in Small Heath after the device was uncovered by construction workers working in the area.

A number of roads were sealed off as a precaution while Army Bomb Disposal Unit attended the scene after the find was reported shortly before 11am today.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "Investigations were made and the incident was declared safe and the bypass and surrounding roads have been re-opened."

National Rail have reported delays of up to 40 minutes for CrossCountry, London Midland and Chiltern Railways passengers travelling on routes between Snow Hill and London Marylebone and the Snow Hill to Stratford-upon-Avon route.

The delays are expected to last until 2.30pm today, with Chiltern Railways passengers permitted to use CrossCountry services between Birmingham and Banbury and Virgin Trains between Birmingham New Street and London Euston.

Link

At the end of the day it all comes down to who wants it more in the local derby, form and quality of the squad to some extent are lesser factors that contribute towards the teams ability to win these type of matches.

Sha have 5-1 as their main motive for revenge where as to us really its just another game. We will need to match their intensity and if we can do that our superior quality should shine through. 451 and id be confident that we can outplay them and come away with a result. Id keep Gabby up top and bring Carew on last half hour regardless of the score and NRC should be captain also.

Imagine if MON decide to pick Young, collins, Dunn and Warnock for back 4. I think we will see one change for Dunn to replace Clark.

We will beat them by 3 goals. I wonder if there is a role for old agent Ridgewell. :)

I would like us to break the club record for biggest ever win against Small Heath.

I will be in Amsterdam waiting to watch Ajax Vs NAC at 2:30 in Amsterdam Arena (which mean 1.30 Kick off GMT) So I can't watch 2nd half in Dutch pub or whatever. I will be wearing my Villa shirt :)