• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------------Guzan------------------------------

Beye------------Cuellar----------------Davies----------Young

----------Sidwell--------------NRC--------------Petrov---------

Young-----------------------------------------------------Milner

------------------------------Carew------------------------------

If Young isn't fit or up to it then Shorey.

...is the team I'd play.

All of a sudden (Shorey out, Young in) it doesn't look too bad at all. Get Distin in place of Davies and we're talking.

Its going to be intriguing to see how the team reacts to the defeat against Wigan, I mean they are getting slated left, right and center at the moment, I hope that gives them the extra impetus to put up a fight and have a go.

Guzan (Freidel's reaction time has looked slow for some some time now)

Beye

Shorey

Cuellar

Davies

Reo-coker

Sidwell

Petrov

Ashley Young

Milner

Agbonlahor

I'm still trying to figure out how we got to late august with that as our predicted team :shock:

Reo-Coker should be given a man marking role on Gerrard.

If Sidwell and say Delph can then tight to the other two midfielders, we can really stop them playing, I'd play Luke Young at right back, Beye at left back, mainly because I think Young is a better defender and will be copying with Beanayoun, while Beye is taller for any crosses at the back post towards Kuyt.

Milner should play on the left, given the task of keeping Glen Johnson quiet, although Ash works hard, I think he'd get stuck defending the whole game and wouldn't get him on the ball up the pitch and also Johnson has the beating of Young whenever i've seen them play each other.

let Young play on the right or even Albrighton and use Ash Young as one of the 3 in midfield, i.e Coker - Sidwell and Young....playing Carew upfront, especially if that Ayala plays, as he can look to bully him.

I am real looking forward to a great performance and high scoring win... Wake me up when it happens. :)

I would watch the Villa last year and even before a ball was kicked i would think we would do okay. Now not as confident now but I still have faith in the players just not sure whats going on at training ground.

Guzan

Milner

Milner

Milner

L Young

Milner

Petrov

Milner

Milner

Carew

Milner

:?

Everyone else seems to have turned to complete shite now. I'll give Stan the benefit of the doubt based on last season.

Guzan

Milner

Milner

Milner

L Young

Milner

Petrov

Milner

Milner

Carew

Milner

:?

Everyone else seems to have turned to complete shite now. I'll give Stan the benefit of the doubt based on last season.

What a great team, league winners written all over them...

Totally not looking forward to this match at all - I can't see beyond a heavy defeat and I'm usually an optimist!!!!

With Davies potentially out we have massive problems unless we actually sign someone (beginning to feel that will never happen!)

Who knows if Carew will declare himself fit or not?!?!?

Also, I can see MON reverting to Petrov and Delph in the middle as they didn't play at all last night

I'd pick

.................Friedel

Beye.Cuellar.??????.Shorey

.........Sidwell.Petrov.NRC

Milner..............................Young

.................Gabby

Subs: Guzan. Heskey.Carew(?).Delph.Gardner.Clark.Lowry

We are going to get such a mauling - I think the result might be even worse than last season. Carlos Cuellar is our only fit centre back FFS. I'd be satisfied with anything less than a 3 goal defeat. Oh, how times change...

Curtis Davies injured. You've brought this on yourself Martin O'Neill for

A) not signing another centre back

B) not replacing Laursen

C) Letting Zat Knight go when we've not even **** signed anyone

and probably the most important of all:

D) CURTIS DAVIES NEEDS AN OPERATION, SIGN SOME PLAYERS AND LET HIM GO HAVE IT.

Stop **** around now this is an important season and we've probably **** it up already, I'm very worried. Be happy to eat my words but I can't see that happening yet.

Will Davies even be fit? Came off injured yesterday didn't he?

Assuming Davies injured and Carew fit:

------------Friedel

Beye-Cuellar-Clark-Shorey

-Petrov-ReoCoker-Sidwell

Milner-----Carew------Young

If no Carew I'd go with Heskey - if they're still without Skrtel and Agger, they might be playing Ayala CB again - I have more faith in Heskey or Carew giving a rookie defender a tough time than Gabby.

Agree with whoever said we should stick Coker in a marking job on Gerrard. Sidwell and Petrov being in there too should mean we're not totally over-run as last time we went there. Negative tactics, but we could really do without another 5-0 right now!

We also need A.Young to have a good game, to keep Johnson occupied - he was looking good going forward vs Stoke & him and Kuyt could get a lot of joy out of Shorey