The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Hawking pterodactyl flavoured wotsits and asking everyone to try guava infused coke zero.

He once gave me a mahoosive pile of wotsits in variations of cheese flavours with blank packaging. I took them home and the kids thought he was some mythical snacks based 007 figure. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Wasn’t @tonyh29 off to see Shed 7 in an HMV?

Did you spot anyone in cargo shorts and a Ramones tee shirt?

No but there was somebody in an incredibly big and shiny golden coat.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think he went to the one in HMVs flagship Shandytown store t'other day

He even managed to become a proper fanboy by fawning over them as they were attempting to shoplift some records from HMV as even minorly successful popstars go "How feckin much?"

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

mine was in London on Sunday  , had there been anyone in a Ramones shirt I'd have blanked them anyway 

but they are doing a record store tour in a bid to plug the album .. seems to be working , based on Midweek sales they will be Number one in the Album charts on Sunday ( rest assured the big labels  will somehow shift 50,000 copies of an Ed Sheeran album on Friday to stop this happening) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He once gave me a mahoosive pile of wotsits in variations of cheese flavours with blank packaging. I took them home and the kids thought he was some mythical snacks based 007 figure. 

ha .. there was some top secret ingredient changes going on there but hardly stuff for Spectre to use to bring the country to its knees  ..

incidentally are you kids still healthy , any extra limbs growing etc as a result of eating them ..just asking for a friend :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think he went to the one in HMVs flagship Shandytown store t'other day

He even managed to become a proper fanboy by fawning over them as they were attempting to shoplift some records from HMV as even minorly successful popstars go "How feckin much?"

i actually went  full fan boy and got a pic with the lead singer  :) 

IMG_1471.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ha .. there was some top secret ingredient changes going on there but hardly stuff for Spectre to use to bring the country to its knees  ..

incidentally are you kids still healthy , any extra limbs growing etc as a result of eating them ..just asking for a friend :ph34r:

Funny you should ask, I’d never really made the link…

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Tony on the other hand...

its Mrs H .. she deliberately overfeeds me so that nobody else will steal me away from her  ..either that or she knows I'm worth more dead than alive and is trying to hurry along the heart attack 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First gig of the year last night and went to a record store album launch gig for the release of their debut LP, Down There! by Folly Group.

really cool intimate gig and the new tracks transposed really well live.

I imagine they’ll hopefully score a decent support slot on tours this year, after their own headline tour.

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

First gig of the year last night and went to a record store album launch gig for the release of their debut LP, Down There! by Folly Group.

really cool intimate gig and the new tracks transposed really well live.

I imagine they’ll hopefully score a decent support slot on tours this year, after their own headline tour.

I’ve waited a long time for someone in VT to come up with a new band that don't totally suck and you’ve finally done it … take a bow or have an internet or something 

And I see they are playing scala in London where I went to see The View in December … possibly my favourite venue as it has bars and balconies everywhere 

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2023 at 19:55, chrisp65 said:

How big will the venue be, because some times they play quite small places…

not quite in that league size wise , but managed to get a ticket for the Album launch and gig at Banquet records in Kingston  for Feb , probably a few hundred people tops 

tickets were on sale at 10 :00 , managed to hit F5 at 09:59:58 seconds and get in and grab 3 tickets  , my mate ( backup plan for tickets) got in at 10:00:00  ..sold out  

• Like 1

Got Ashley McBryde at the Institute in Birmingham on Sunday, booked the next day off and stopping in a hotel. not sure how I will feel but my hope is she sticks to her upbeat songs.

• Like 1

I've got Bury Tomorrow tonight, I've seen them 3 or 4 times supporting and at festivals but this will be the first time seeing a full set. And they've cut my favourite two songs. Bastards :D

We Came as Romans were supporting last night. I've never been a fan really, and the crowd seemed pretty into it, so maybe it's just how they usually sound, but I've never heard such a blatantly abused autotune at a metal gig before, it was like Alexa was performing the cleans.

We went to a book reading of Pat Thomas’ new book on Allen Ginsburg a couple of nights ago and tonight we are over in the same area of LA to see a gig with our guide and friend Ed Roach, Dennis Wilson’s best buddy and Beach Boys photographer and movie maker from around 1970-80.

At the moment I will not reveal who we are seeing, wouldn’t have been my choice but we have been invited and it would be stupid to say no, even got chauffeur service from Ed 😉

• Like 4

On 10/01/2024 at 15:46, tonyh29 said:

i actually went  full fan boy and got a pic with the lead singer  :) 

IMG_1471.jpeg

Nice to see you posing with a ventriloquist dummy Tone. HMV sell everything nowadays! 

Â