The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I’m calling this a gig

Im at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall 

There will be an orchestra playing music

Spoiler

They will be accompanying the film Love Actually. I’m going to close my eyes… no… it’s really a gig. Has anyone got a gun I can use?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Help! ( 92 mins ) Would have been even more amusing for us 

I doubt the Liverpool Philharmonic could stand to play such simplistic shite :D 

But anyway, shockingly I never been subjected to the film before but I have to say the orchestra were brilliant.

Some of the audience, however, uncultured dickheads. Yes you gave a round of applause at the end of the film but are you really leaving with the credits rolling, there’s 40 odd professional musicians playing the music to the credits, playing brilliantly I might add, you stay to the end and applaud them when they’ve finished. You've paid much more than a standard cinema ticket for this experience and there you are walking out and talking before they’ve finished playing. Dickheads

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I doubt the Liverpool Philharmonic could stand to play such simplistic shite :D 

But anyway, shockingly I never been subjected to the film before but I have to say the orchestra were brilliant.

Some of the audience, however, uncultured dickheads. Yes you gave a round of applause at the end of the film but are you really leaving with the credits rolling, there’s 40 odd professional musicians playing the music to the credits, playing brilliantly I might add, you stay to the end and applaud them when they’ve finished. You've paid much more than a standard cinema ticket for this experience and there you are walking out and talking before they’ve finished playing. Dickheads

Unsurprisingly perhaps due to my shit taste in everything, Love Actually is one of my favourite films and as much as I would like to watch an orchestra play the music, due to uncultured dickheads I decided against it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gold circle tickets for Pink at Tottenham stadium … yours for £266 

£177 for general standing

to see Pink , what the **** are these people smoking 

I should add for clarity , I’m not going nor would I ever think about going , I’d rather see Love Actually in concert than Pink ….Mrs H was looking with some other friends 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lorna Shore last night, second time I've seen them this year, they were my favourite set at Download, but having a sold out crowd packing out the Academy without the space of a festival field makes the circle pits somewhat more interesting, I was getting chucked around like a toy :D 

I won't say no to seeing them at a festival again, but their show definitely lends itself to being inside in the dark rather than outside in the summer. Really shows off how impressive Will Ramos' vocals are too, can't believe he can do that live and not drop a note.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Gold circle tickets for Pink at Tottenham stadium … yours for £266 

£177 for general standing

to see Pink , what the **** are these people smoking 

I should add for clarity , I’m not going nor would I ever think about going , I’d rather see Love Actually in concert than Pink ….Mrs H was looking with some other friends 

I would go and see Pink, and did, Wembley a mere £100 for General Standing 4 years ago. Thats a hell of an increase.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Lorna Shore last night, second time I've seen them this year, they were my favourite set at Download, but having a sold out crowd packing out the Academy without the space of a festival field makes the circle pits somewhat more interesting, I was getting chucked around like a toy :D 

I won't say no to seeing them at a festival again, but their show definitely lends itself to being inside in the dark rather than outside in the summer. Really shows off how impressive Will Ramos' vocals are too, can't believe he can do that live and not drop a note.

Yeah they were really good last night, although it was more packed than I expected! Pit was smaller than I was expecting given the music (not that I partook though). Ramos and the band were excellent.
Only gripe though, throughout the show there was always someone in front recording it on their phone, and at I had at least 10 phones all recording the exact same thing. I get photos and clips for memories etc. but can’t you just watch the gig instead of recording it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah they were really good last night, although it was more packed than I expected! Pit was smaller than I was expecting given the music (not that I partook though). Ramos and the band were excellent.
Only gripe though, throughout the show there was always someone in front recording it on their phone, and at I had at least 10 phones all recording the exact same thing. I get photos and clips for memories etc. but can’t you just watch the gig instead of recording it?

It was something I noticed of the demographic at last week’s Billy Bragg, the crowd was predominantly blokes in their 50’s and there was almost no phone use.

There were a couple of studenty looking types across from me and they spent the gig either filming, or just head down playing with their phones. But I’d say that in a crowd of 2,000 there were 1,995 people just enjoying the moment.

• Like 1

I am going to Babymetal at Wolverhampton tonight, or should I say I am driving my daughter to it and picking her up. I have attended enough metal based gigs with her to now say no but act as taxi for her. I do regret it slightly as I wanted to see what The Civic looks like now. 

26 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

This is one of the main reasons I lose myself in the pit even for bands I'm not massively feeling. Good **** luck holding your phones up in the circle pit ****!

Agreed with you it was absolutely packed. The O2 Academy always seems to oversell, I think that's probably why the pit wasn't massive either, it was just so full it was hard to open the place out, felt dangerously packaged at times. There's always far less space per person than somewhere like Rock City, and the crap position of the bars, merch and the choke points to get to the gents behind the sound stage always make the place absolutely rammed and hard to get out to some space. It's far from my favourite venue and if a band doesn't come to Nottingham,  I'd usually prefer to go a bit further to Manchester than bother with that place. I'm there again in a few months for Beartooth though.

Billy Bragg next, that should be a bit more relaxed :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This is one of the main reasons I lose myself in the pit even for bands I'm not massively feeling. Good **** luck holding your phones up in the circle pit ****!

Agreed with you it was absolutely packed. The O2 Academy always seems to oversell, I think that's probably why the pit wasn't massive either, it was just so full it was hard to open the place out, felt dangerously packaged at times. There's always far less space per person than somewhere like Rock City, and the crap position of the bars, merch and the choke points to get to the gents behind the sound stage always make the place absolutely rammed and hard to get out to some space. It's far from my favourite venue and if a band doesn't come to Nottingham,  I'd usually prefer to go a bit further to Manchester than bother with that place. I'm there again in a few months for Beartooth though.

Billy Bragg next, that should be a bit more relaxed :) 

My least favourite venue, possibly in the UK. Nothing good about it at all. A band has to be pretty special for me to venture there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am going to Babymetal at Wolverhampton tonight, or should I say I am driving my daughter to it and picking her up. I have attended enough metal based gigs with her to now say no but act as taxi for her. I do regret it slightly as I wanted to see what The Civic looks like now. 

before I comment .. those girls in Babymetal are over the age of consent aren't they ?

• Haha 1

Order of service:

spacer.png

Got guest listed by a the lovely bunch folks in the world and had a techno country ride.

I will raise my sword up right 
To the bright and shining light, 
Stained crimson red with the blood of the unredeemed 
And as I cut them limb from limb, and dash their kith and kin, 
You know, their bodies I will bury in the deep 

Touch the screen brothers and sisters.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

So the support band last night was a called Ol’ Times and they were not my usual cup of tea but for the couple of ‘rock’ aficionados I was with they were mighty impressed, it was a blistering non stop 45 minutes stuff like this, with all the blues breaks, guitar solos, screaming vocals, and drum solos that I would associate with this kind of stuff. So a first for me to hear it live and I thought it sounded like maybe it would be up the streets of @rjw63 and / or @Rugeley Villa

• Like 3

Â