The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

44 minutes ago, Xann said:

30 years ago tonight.

Think I need a drink  :o 

System 7 and Banco de Gaia too. Both were huge with me along with The Orb around then but Hillage has such a history and it was through The Orb / System 7 link that made me go backwards to explore Gong / Caravan and the like

• Like 1

Happy new year y'all!   

Whelp, I already have my discovery of 2024 down; a friend put me on to MEUTE this morning, a German techno marching band.  I watched one video and was swiftly booking up tickets to their London show at the Troxy in September

Das ist genau meine Marmelade.

Also got a keen eye on a Michael Rother / James Holden show in Feb.  It's been a very Teutonic day.

First gig of the year Shed Seven and  an intimate semi acoustic one for about 80 people inside HMV … really cool to be that up close and personal , even met the band afterwards when  I was mooching about in the shop 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

First gig of the year Shed Seven and  an intimate semi acoustic one for about 80 people inside HMV … really cool to be that up close and personal , even met the band afterwards when  I was mooching about in the shop 

I’m shocked that @sidcow isn’t their biggest fan tbh

• Haha 4

3 UK dates announced for Korn this year.

• London, sure, that's standard.
  • Scarborough...Bit weird, but ok.
  • Halifax...The ****?

3 dates across the country and two of them are towns in Yorkshire? :D 

A cross forum question, taking my Missus to see Foo Fighters at Villa Park in June. Appreciate that there won't be any goals and there will be some kind of mat down but will I be able to (mentally) recreate goals in front of Holte End whilst wildly celebrating?

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

A cross forum question, taking my Missus to see Foo Fighters at Villa Park in June. Appreciate that there won't be any goals and there will be some kind of mat down but will I be able to (mentally) recreate goals in front of Holte End whilst wildly celebrating?

I saw Springsteen there last Summer, you can recreate very slowly walking 3 yards.

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I saw Springsteen there last Summer, you can recreate very slowly walking 3 yards.

I've told her we are getting there as soon as the doors open hoping that most people would go until later but sounds like that won't work.

21 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

you could go in the upper Holte and recreate attempts from Aleksandar Tonev

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Do you render the other 6 aswell or just a bit of cladding?

Can I be arsed to correct it now? 

no-way-hercules.gif

On 23/10/2023 at 16:34, tonyh29 said:

saw Brain of J at the Water rats in Kings Cross on Friday night 

They are a Pearl Jam tribute act .... if you closed your eyes you could almost believe you were hearing Eddie Vedder singing 

£10 for a ticket and they played around a 2 hour 30 min set  , it sounded great  , if you are a Pearl Jam fan , then you should definitely check them out and see if they are playing near you 

Just got some tickets to see them in Worcester based on your recommendation 👌

• Like 2

Are Shed 7 just permanently camped out in HMV Birmingham, ready to leap out like the Spanish Inquisition at passing over-priced t-shirt shoppers?

• Haha 3

Â