The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

off to see the manics on saturday. not all too fussed myself, but it's been a while since I've been to see a live band, so shall enjoy the evening regardless. friends Im going with are huge manics fans mind so I suppose their enthusiasm may be infectious!

off to see the manics on saturday. not all too fussed myself, but it's been a while since I've been to see a live band, so shall enjoy the evening regardless. friends Im going with are huge manics fans mind so I suppose their enthusiasm may be infectious!

turned out to be bloody brilliant, even though I'm not a fan of the CIA for gigs ( too big, I prefer smaller venues ) atmosphere understandably electric, welsh band in cardiff etc and the set list was great. Was nicely twatted before it started off so didn't even need to be ripped off by buying anything in there.

support act Joy Formidable were pretty good too.

Saw The Flaming Lips at The Tabernacle here in Atlanta Thursday night. Quite an experience, especially since they played The Soft Bulletin in its entirety! Also, Sean Lennon's new band opened and was surprisingly excellent.

Rush tonight.

Top quality, as always

I'd have given it 7/10

The first set dragged for me, too much filler when they could've been knocking out some really classic stuff instead. The second set ruled as you'd expect

Anyone going to see Odd Future in the summer?

yes mate - the company I work for (Live Nation) is promoting them here in Melbourne - the are playing in a couple of weeks - sold out the venues where they are playing - not sure what to expect from them, but they sure are popular in Oz.......will let you know how they go. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Yo La Tengo at Gateshead Sage last night. Pretty special gig, that included a Slade cover, which made me smile a lot. Especially when they were asking if Gateshead was anywhere near Wolverhampton. If you like American Alternative Indie Rock, or just really good music for that matter, check them out on their UK tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets sorted for ATP curated by Jeff Mangum. Highlights likely to include The Fall, Low, Boredoms, Young Marble Giants, Scratch Acid, Half Japanese, and I'm most looking forward to seeing Mike Watt and George Hurley playing the songs of The Minutemen. Aces.

not sure if theres a 'gigs' thread already started so apologies if i have duplcated one...

just to say, its tuesday night, im steaming drunk, and just seen queens of the stone age in bournemouth...i dont have enough superlatives to say how good it was.

oh...foo fighters on saturday too

can anyone else beat this? would love to hear it!

Thursday at The Eden Project, Cornwall I shall be watching

The Flaming Lips

Supported by:

The Go! Team

Ok Go

Badly Drawn Boy

Not a bad line up and really looking forward to it - the weather is going to be gorgeous for an open air gig!

(V jealous of your gigs too tom - Foos and QOTSA in one week!!!!!!!!)

just to say, its tuesday night, im steaming drunk, and just seen queens of the stone age in bournemouth...i dont have enough superlatives to say how good it was.

can anyone else beat this?

Yeh, saw Kyuss (minus the ginger chappy obv) a while back :lol:

Most significantly for me on the horizon, 2 bands I never thought I would see again; Leftover Crack, who are doing a few shows other than the festivals in the summer. I thought they had died (literally in the case of Stza) a couple of years back, and was quite surprised to hear of new dates inclusing Reading/Leeds. I was big time into them around 16/17, smoking crack, killing cops, what a blissful existence.

Better than them though is Capdown, a band who did properly finish. I never ever thought I would see them again, one of my favourite bands ever, as they all grew up and went and had kids, etc. Doing a bunch of shows aswell as a few festivals. Skanking in the pit. Quality. Another throwback to my younger days, but unlike LoC the 'Down are actually really really good :D

Â