The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

the imposter

really good, some of it is unbelievable, its far more crazy than I anticipated, asks a lot of questions, cant decide if its all because they were that desperate, that stupid or if its something a whole lot darker...

also really unsure what to think of him

There's as much pretentious drivel in here as anything else.

Absolutely. People who like comic movies "not being proper movie fans" what a laughable comment. 

I'm with you on Dredd, I'd like a sequel where you get to see more of MC1, but I'd be very shocked if it ever happens. How much did Dredd lose exactly?

the imposter

really good, some of it is unbelievable, its far more crazy than I anticipated, asks a lot of questions, cant decide if its all because they were that desperate, that stupid or if its something a whole lot darker...

also really unsure what to think of him

Yeah I watched that the other night too, certainly think the boys family know what happened (based on the film interviews), what I found incredible after googleing the film to see if, indeed it was a TRUE story was the French kid has a long history of impersonating missing people, and has done it since being caught in America for it.

Going to watch were the millers tomorrow, generally good reviews and it has Jennifer Aniston in just her scuds

Edited by Jimzk5

Rented This Is 40 and End Of Watch this weekend.

This Is 40 was pretty good. Classic Paul Rudd film and billed as the sort of follow up to Knocked Up. If you liked that, you'll like this one.

End Of Watch was great to be honest, even if the ending was slightly unbelievable.

• Like 1

Django unchained - 6.5 out of 10 - very overrated. Was decent but loses its way in the last hour. I found it quite boring in parts. Inglorious bastards was much better. Disappointing.

Manhattan - 8 out of 10 - classic woody Allen romantic comedy. Fantastic from start to finish. Highly recommended

This is war - 2 out of 10 - typical Hollywood bollocks. Tom hardy is better then this.

Watched Hobo with a Shotgun last night, it was so over the top and low quality it made it good! I have to say it's the most enjoyable film I've seen in ages.

Can't believe they got Rutger Hauer to be in a film like this though!

Going against what I said about comic book films but might as well review it as watched it couple of weeks ago.

Dredd - 4 out of 10 - not as bad as I expected and it has its moments I guess. However was it meant to copy the raid?! If so really poor version of the raid. The Raid is a million times better. The slow motion camera work was beyond embrassing as well. Liked the drum n bass soundtrack though which boosted up my score.

Edited by donnie

Manhattan romanticises New York, but if anything the film itself is anti-romance. All the relationships are either failed or failing, and Allen's last ditch attempt to woo is one of the most desperate scenes in cinema.

It is a great film though. One of my favourite.

Behind his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat.

Manhattan romanticises New York, but if anything the film itself is anti-romance. All the relationships are either failed or failing, and Allen's last ditch attempt to woo is one of the most desperate scenes in cinema.

It is a great film though. One of my favourite.

Behind his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat.

Better put than me. The camera shots of Manhattan are breathtaking. Not sure if he won an Oscar or not for this, but Allen's performance in this was top notch.

MV5BMjI3NTk4ODI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE1

Pushed my suspension of disbelief. I like Giorgos Lanthimos as a director. It felt very cold and unfeeling to me, that may have been the reaction desired from the audience. Not for the faint hearted I don't think.

Edited by 8pints

Â