The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Iceman - 5.5 out of 10 - Mmm was okay I guess. Didn't love it or hate it but wouldn't recommend watching it either.

Memories of murder - 9 out of 10 - brilliant!! One of the great foreign movies from Korea that is highly rated and I also highly recommend. Cross between zodiac and seven.

Amores perros - 8.5 out of 10 - another classic this time from Mexico. Starring the talented gael garcia Bernard about 3 different stories that connect together. Like crash but a million times better.

A single shot - 3.5 out of 10 - stars Sam rockwell. Nahhhhhhh don't bother. It's shite

What we need is, an obscure foreign comic book film. That would unite the two halfs of the film thread, I am sure. Any suggestions? I'm going to disregard any anime films based on manga, as, although there are some crackers, that's really a whole different kettle of fishes.

How about La Planete Sauvage? Based on a novel rather than a comic...or live action Death Note? Or the live action Asterix films...?

Memories of murder - 9 out of 10 - brilliant!! One of the great foreign movies from Korea that is highly rated and I also highly recommend. Cross between zodiac and seven.

I've recommended that one on here a couple of times. Excellent movie.  :thumb:

What we need is, an obscure foreign comic book film. That would unite the two halfs of the film thread, I am sure. Any suggestions? I'm going to disregard any anime films based on manga, as, although there are some crackers, that's really a whole different kettle of fishes.

How about La Planete Sauvage? Based on a novel rather than a comic...or live action Death Note? Or the live action Asterix films...?

persopolis, very good film IMO, about a young girl during the Iranian revolution

persepolis-1024x768.jpg

not sure if it was ever a comic / graphic novel but waltz with bashir would probably tick the box too, another very good film, about an Israeli soldier trying to remember his involvement in the Lebanon War

photo1.jpg

• Like 1

I'd be happy to see more British comic books made into films. Well I want to see a Strontium Dog movie, or the original British version of Hellblazer. 

Also comic book, but appeal to the serious film crowd. How about 'A History of Violence'?

Edited by jon_c
  • Like 1

I want to see a Strontium Dog movie...

Dredd not getting a foothold in the US won't help, which is a pity.

Rogue Trooper, ABC Warriors, Ro-Busters, Nemesis (Gothic Empire!), Robo Hunter, Slaine, Metalzoic - Ace Truckers would make a decent series.

The struggles with selling Dredd to a wider audience, by far 2000ad's biggest name, probably means we'd never see any of them.

Mentioning Dredd, apparently a sequel could happen. Urban made a couple of comments a while back to that effect.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

The struggles with selling Dredd to a wider audience, by far 2000ad's biggest name, probably means we'd never see any of them.

Mentioning Dredd, apparently a sequel could happen. Urban made a couple of comments a while back to that effect.

Fingers crossed.

They should just make 'The Dead Man' and not tell anyone it's a Dredd movie.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Now you see Me as its not really the film you expect to see.

Watched Stitches last night which star Ross Noble as a Clown who dies at a children's party and the comes back from the dead a few years later to wreck revenge. It was backed by the Irish Film Board............they totally wasted the money imho

Really enjoyed Now you see Me as its not really the film you expect to see.

Watched Stitches last night which star Ross Noble as a Clown who dies at a children's party and the comes back from the dead a few years later to wreck revenge. It was backed by the Irish Film Board............they totally wasted the money imho

I like Ross Noble but had a feeling that Stitches would be garbage.  Is it worth watching at all, considering I like Noble's stand-up (although I don't think he's been as good in recent years)?

Â