The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Dracula with Bela Lugosi today. Well, it wasn't very good, I think. Probably good when it came, but 80+ years later I think it's quite out of time. :)

It is rather clunky these days and it doesn't stand up as well as say James Whales Frankenstein, but it still has a lot going for it. Todd Brownings direction, the castle set, Bela's entrance and Dwight Fryre's beautifully manic Renfield still stand out for me.

Watched "Zero Dark Thirty" last night...bit of a slow burner at first, but as it picks up pace, it gets pretty good. Worth a watch.

Started "Life of Pi", and have 45 minutes remaining...nice to look at, but it's really more of a kid's movie.

Life of Pi is a fable more than anything, is it not?

Another bit of supposed Captain America: the Winter Soldier news - they've hired UFC champ Georges St.Pierre for what must surely be a minor role. He's playing a French villain from Caps rogue gallery who does a bit of a kickboxing.

Just seen that Ryan Gosling has written and will be directing a film for release next year. Starring Christina Hendricks  :wub:

The film is called How To Catch A Monster. I have no idea what it's about but looking forward to it purely to see how Gosling directs.

Edited by PieFacE

Finally got round to the conclusion of the Harry Potter series, some good special effects but just felt it was missing something.. Also felt the way the director/screenwriter had changed the characteristics of Harry (in the previous films) slightly away from the how the books had him, made the films not so enjoyable.

(spoiler) Also feel that JK coped out at the ending and Neville should've been the "chosen one" but hey that's not for the film discussion (/spoiler)

Just seen that Ryan Gosling has written and will be directing a film for release next year. Starring Christina Hendricks :wub:

Didn't know who she was... But WOW...wow what a rack

Any excuse........

funny-gif-Christina-Hendricks-bald-head-

• Like 1

Watched Dredd over the weekend.  Really enjoyed it, especially when out of nowhere the following played in the background of one of the scenes...

Muthafunkin' bonus Matt Berry!  :blink:

• Like 1

Can't wait for Pain and Gain :D

It'll be typical Michael Bay shite, most likely. But just looks like a laugh, bit of a lads film.

And I absolutely love The Rock so him being in it is enough for me to go and watch it.

I had heard of him , but had zero interest in him and certainly had never heard any of his music but I watched Notorious the other night and quite enjoyed it  , though I can't help but feel some of the characters were lost on me ...

But as a sugar coated version of Chistopher Smalls life it was quite enjoyable

Just seen that Ryan Gosling has written and will be directing a film for release next year. Starring Christina Hendricks  :wub:

The film is called How To Catch A Monster. I have no idea what it's about but looking forward to it purely to see how Gosling directs.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f72e6f48b2/ryan-gosling-s-acting-range 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

1st wolverine trailer out on wednesday

jean grey is in it, havent said if its a flashback, its set in japan, silver samurai is the villain

surely cant be worst than the last 1?

also saw that for the follow up to xmen 1st class -

they have cast half of X3 and are doing some sort of half and half film with both casts

dinklage and omar sy have been cast in unknown roles which sounds good

Is it a follow on from the first wolverine or is it being "redone"?

Hmmmm, I still wish Aronofsky had stayed on to direct 'The Wolverine' as I think he would have nailed the tone. The trailer looks a little too generic and that music is doing my head in. Can nobody think of original music for a trailer?!

Anyway, it does look quite good (yes generic but good) and the period they are focusing on for the film is probably the best period in the comics. I still haven't forgiven Fox for what they did to Deadpool in the last Wolverine film. Hopefully this can finally give my favourite comic character the film he deserves...

Oh and Silver Samurai. Yeah!!

Edited by briggaman

Â