The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Wasn't too keen on Gangs of New York, myself. Some of it (Day-Lewis), was grand, a lot of it was too baggy.

It was also during that annoying phase with DiCaprio trying to prove he can act all serious but he just ended up overacting and getting all scrunchy-face and every line ended up being either Leo sad, Leo angry or Leo SMASH.

A phase he's still in actually!

scorsese is meant to be filming the gangs of new york tv show right now...

reading up on world war z, seems that they've changed it from a political film witht he zombie war as the backdrop to an out and out action film, done by the director of quantum of solace, they've had to re-shoot the ending and push it back 6 months, the zombies are meant to be a metaphor for overpopulation hence why they move and consume everything at a million miles an hour...

getting worse...

I just don't get the Daniel Day Lewis thing, I find him really hammy and an awful over-actor. Although this is just recently, he was excellent in My Beautiful Laundrette and My Left Foot

And DDL's potrayal of Lincoln pales to insignificance when compared to this guy...

ziwuj5.jpg

Yeah we're on the same page there then.

Yep, 489...

*Rolley eyes*. I'm with you both.

Edit - how's about that for a fail?

A good one indeed :)

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold. Some of my favourite films are black and white. This isn't one of them. Slow and unremarkable. Maybe suffers from being based on a book but that's no excuse. 5/10

Men In Black 3. Not as good as 1 but a lot better than 2. Plus I'm a sucker for

a neat timeline plot

. Enjoyable fun if you like the series. 6/10

UNTOUCHABLE_DUALCERT_RETAIL_BD_2D.previe

One of the best movies i've seen this year. Well worth a watch.

Been meaning to watch this for a while. Cheers for the reminder

I think you'll enjoy it. It's definitely not the most subtle and it hits you over the head with the emotion bat a little too hard sometimes, but it's well worth it for the performances of the two lead actors and I also found parts of it very, very funny.

Yeah I'd heard good things previously (some probably from this thread).

I was actually on the verge of going to see it, I was taking a girl to the cinema (no, I'm not 15) and planned on seeing this. but when she got there she declared she didn't like films where you had to read stuff so we saw something else instead.

Yeah, it didn't work out with her ;)

i am legend

the butchering of that book was **** criminal, found it hard to like will smith since (the django interviews just reaffirm this) think my biggest problem with it was it was such a huge film that no one will now be able to do it properly

i am legend

the butchering of that book was **** criminal, found it hard to like will smith since (the django interviews just reaffirm this) think my biggest problem with it was it was such a huge film that no one will now be able to do it properly

What was wrong with film, never read the books, but I thought it was a good film.

if you never plan on reading the book (you should) then read the spoiler -

in the book the ending is a brilliant twist, he spends day after day killing the vampires (they are vampires, the book doesnt **** about) because they are monsters, he befriends a woman, but she is a trick playing on the fact that his loneliness has sent him a bit insane, she is a vampire that evolved slightly and with the use of make up and im sure drugs she can live in sunlight, she tricks him in to being captured, whilst captured he realises that the new breed of vampires are creating a future society and that HE is the monster, they are all terrified of him because he goes round killing them in their sleep, the woman who tricked him helps him commit suicide before they execute him, thats why he is the legend 

will smith and hollywood werent going anywhere near that ending so why bother making the film? they could have done will smiths film and not called it i am legend because its that far from the book

if you never plan on reading the book (you should) then read the spoiler -

in the book the ending is a brilliant twist, he spends day after day killing the vampires (they are vampires, the book doesnt **** about) because they are monsters, he befriends a woman, but she is a trick playing on the fact that his loneliness has sent him a bit insane, she is a vampire that evolved slightly and with the use of make up and im sure drugs she can live in sunlight, she tricks him in to being captured, whilst captured he realises that the new breed of vampires are creating a future society and that HE is the monster, they are all terrified of him because he goes round killing them in their sleep, the woman who tricked him helps him commit suicide before they execute him, thats why he is the legend 

will smith and hollywood werent going anywhere near that ending so why bother making the film? they could have done will smiths film and not called it i am legend because its that far from the book

That ending sounds awesome. Why on earth wouldn't they use that? 

Â