The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched 'The Others' last night and was pretty impressed. I'm not good with ghost films - I'm always curious, but kind of a pussy - but the twist in this one actually made it not that scary in the end. That sounds like a criticism, but for me it was perfect!

Also watched Troll Hunter - which was ace - but had to watch it with the English voice over as I had a horrible hangver. Will definately go for the subtitles next time!

I thought troll hunter was awful, spoilt it by showing the trolls and terrible cgi far too early.

Just watching the exorcist III at the moment, the only one worth mentioning after the first one the heretic was an abortion of a film and dominion/the beginning were shocking as well

John Steed > Captain America
Well, yes. I wasn't even bothering to point out who the REAL 'Avengers' were. Let's draw a discreet veil over that ghastly movie version from a few years ago, and get back to my Diana Rigg fixation.

Someone really needs to make a good Avengers movie. (I mean the Steed one)

Used to love it as a kid, and it still has bags of potential.

Submarine is utterly charming, having had it for a month now from lovefilm, it was a nice break from essays, although cringeworthy moments had me watching it from behind my hands too often - which is pretty much how I experienced every episode of the office.

My top 5 constantly changes between a clutch of films, generally dependant on whichever one I've watched most recently. If I had to commit to a list, it'd probably be...

1. Blade Runner

2. Transformers: The Movie

3. Alien

4. Aliens

5. Dr Strangelove

My top 5 constantly changes between a clutch of films, generally dependant on whichever one I've watched most recently. If I had to commit to a list, it'd probably be...

1. Blade Runner

3. Alien

4. Aliens

5. Dr Strangelove

2 of my top 5 there

1. Pulp Fiction

3. Alien

4. Shawshank Redemption

5. Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Â