The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Spiderman 3 had Topher Grace in it. Case closed.

I may still see the reboot, but Raimi got it spot on imo. I can't see it improving on 1 or 2, and thus I don't see the point.

As much as I loved Topher Grace, even he couldn't save the awful piece of shit film.

Can't disagree strongly enough with you over saying Raimi got it spot on, however. Spider-man 2 is the best of the bunch but even that wasn't that good a film. He did an awful job with the franchise. I'm very much looking forward to the reboot, even if it is a bit soon.

Spiderman 3 had Topher Grace in it. Case closed.

I may still see the reboot, but Raimi got it spot on imo. I can't see it improving on 1 or 2, and thus I don't see the point.

Topher Grace?

More importantly it has Bruce Campbell in it.

Just a few weeks until The Avengers! :D

Had it's first screening last night, for online press and some LA critics.

Reaction? Almost universally positive, claims its the best Marvel film to date, and has a superb third act.

A few people have, apparently, leaked the identity of Loki's army, which apparently is

the Chitauri - which explains why no-one could identify them when they had the reveal last week, they've never been shown as themselves in the comics, only in other forms. This would also allow for why everyone seemed quite convinced they were the Skrull, but Whedon categorically said they were not Skrulls - the Chitauri are the Ultimates version of Skrulls, basically the same but a different name and look. However it does appear that they've been used as a pretty generic 'bad guy army' from comments so far... which is fair enough I guess. If they are Chitarui, it also means that Kevin Feige, the producer, threw a complete red herring when he said they'd be from another of the realms of Yggdrasil

And the post credit stinger sets up the next film, revealing a new character. It is apparently now an open secret who that is, but nobody thus far has completely straight up said who it is so open to some speculation.

Of the ensemble, Hulk is getting all the hype, by all accounts this film goes to the next level whenever Hulk has shit to do, which should have Hulk fanboys drooling since both Hulk films didn't quite manage to pull that off.

And the post credit stinger sets up the next film, revealing a new character. It is apparently now an open secret who that is, but nobody thus far has completely straight up said who it is so open to some speculation.
I'll take a guess at Oor Wullie.

I'll take a guess at Oor Wullie.

It's Finbar Saunders.

just watched 'goon'

its a hockey film with stifler and lieve schreiber (or however the **** you spell his name, the dude out of scream and wolverine)

pretty damn awful if you ask me, typical dumb sports hero gets loved up does well takes a kicking then in comes the big 'american ending' que lots of back slapping and loud heroic music.

pretty much what I was expecting to be honest

watched case 39 the other day as well, thought that was pretty good considering it has got rennee zellewegger (why do all actors have stupid names these days) a lot better than I was expecting that was

Reaction? Almost universally positive, claims its the best Marvel film to date, and has a superb third act.

A few people have, apparently, leaked the identity of Loki's army, which apparently is

the Chitauri - which explains why no-one could identify them when they had the reveal last week, they've never been shown as themselves in the comics, only in other forms. This would also allow for why everyone seemed quite convinced they were the Skrull, but Whedon categorically said they were not Skrulls - the Chitauri are the Ultimates version of Skrulls, basically the same but a different name and look. However it does appear that they've been used as a pretty generic 'bad guy army' from comments so far... which is fair enough I guess. If they are Chitarui, it also means that Kevin Feige, the producer, threw a complete red herring when he said they'd be from another of the realms of Yggdrasil

Of the ensemble, Hulk is getting all the hype, by all accounts this film goes to the next level whenever Hulk has shit to do, which should have Hulk fanboys drooling since both Hulk films didn't quite manage to pull that off.

I like how it has been stated that it is pretty much a Marvel fans wet dream. I can't wait!

I like how it has been stated that it is pretty much a Marvel fans wet dream. I can't wait!

Indeed.

About the only negatives to have come out so far are that the 3D is, predictably, rubbish, and a couple of comments have suggested that the first 2 acts aren't quite the barn stormers that the 3rd is. But I'm ok with that, nobody has suggested it's 'bad' in any way.

A lot of comments have arisen about the humour too. People apparently dig it, which allays my fears that came from the Black Widow interrogation clip - it sounds like it plays better in the movie proper.

Very, very excited. I'm kinda surprised that so many people are hyping up the Hulk's part in all this, it sounds like some of the clips they've shown of him 'smashing' are just the tip of the iceberg.

HYPE!

Apparently an extra scene was shot for 'The Avengers' just last night. They already have a nod to the next film after part of the credits in this one, yet there is currently nothing at the very end of the credits. Maybe that's what they have been filming. Sounds intriguing anyway...

Apparently an extra scene was shot for 'The Avengers' just last night. They already have a nod to the next film after part of the credits in this one, yet there is currently nothing at the very end of the credits. Maybe that's what they have been filming. Sounds intriguing anyway...

I think RDJ and Ruffalo might be pulling peoples legs. Or they're doing something for the home media release, like the one shots they did for Cap and Thor.

It's a bit late to be tinkering with the theatrical release, it's out in what... 13 days in the UK? (and I think earlier than that in Oz).

It would also have to be a pretty small scope thing given that Evans and Hemsworth at the moment look absolutely nothing like their characters, so they'd be out...

Yeah, at best, something for the DVD imo.

** Possible Spoiler**

is it me or does Loki give away a huge plot hint in that latest tv spot? "i thought he had wondered off" added to ruffalo saying "we arent a team, we're a time bomb" on the main trailer, 2+2 = him walking out on them half way through only to appear at the end, catch iron man out of the sky and save the day

I don't think thats that much of a give-away. It's been clear for a while that the heroes are not going to get on initially.

For what it's worth, what you've guessed there I don't believe is correct ;)

Â