The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I can't tell you objectively, but it's not.

But I can't tell you objectively that Goodfellas is better than Sharknado either. But it is.

well Sharknado obviously had better plot, cast and acting

Watched Calvary the other night, I do like Brendan Gleeson, but I especially like bearded Brendan Gleeson.

I didn't enjoy it as much as The Guard, but then it was never meant to be as funny. I still really liked it though.

• Like 1

Watched Calvary the other night, I do like Brendan Gleeson, but I especially like bearded Brendan Gleeson.

I didn't enjoy it as much as The Guard, but then it was never meant to be as funny. I still really liked it though.

Yep, both films are terrific, although The Guard is the more enjoyable, re watchable film.

In addition to Gleeson, some of the supporting cast in Calvary are fantastic, I was pleasantly surprised with Dylan Moran.

Gleeson is my favourite actor these days (him and his son being Villans is just a bonus).

I liked Calvary but it left me slightly cold.  I can't put my finger on it.  I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would; or hoped I would.  Maybe my expectations were too high.  Still a good movie all the same.  I wouldn't put it quite as high as Intermission, In Bruges or The Guard (in that order), so I suppose as an 'Irish humour' film it's not quite up to the pretty high standard set by what has gone before it.

I've been trying to find something genuinely frightening to watch for ages and I cannae find anything. I need that rush. I need that late night paranoia. I might turn to crack if I can't find one.

jack-and-jill-movie-poster.jpg

I've been trying to find something genuinely frightening to watch for ages and I cannae find anything. I need that rush. I need that late night paranoia. I might turn to crack if I can't find one.

jack-and-jill-movie-poster.jpg

Yep, or I imagine this, which I'm also too ascared to watch :D

Norbit_%282007_film%29_poster.jpg

Film 5 - This is England

Simply brilliant

Watch the TV shows '86 and '88, they're even better!
Yeah man next on the list, excited to watch em
They're great. Plus 90 is on soon

Â