The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I keep leaving it ages between posts in here nowadays. Anyway, I saw that 'Trouble With The Curve' at the cinema when it was out. I also liked it, yet I thought Eastwood was going through the motions a bit. Solid film though and Amy Adams was good.

Have any of you seen 'Jack Reacher' yet? I'm a bit behind at the moment as I just got back into the country after two weeks away. I need to get to the cinema and fast.

Finally got round to watching Ted.

One of the most average films I've ever watched, can't believe how highly people talked of it. About the only real funny part was the bit with the party where Flash Gordon turned up and whenever the narrator came in.

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Ted.

One of the most average films I've ever watched, can't believe how highly people talked of it. About the only real funny part was the bit with the party where Flash Gordon turned up and whenever the narrator came in.

agreed

nowhere near as funny as it could have been, forced acting and forced humour

I quote Family Guy on a daily basis but this was a total let down

Went to The Impossible last night. Thought it was another The Room, but not as enjoyable. One of the worst films I've ever seen. It was like as if you gave a Spanish Arts student a month long training in filmmaking, with plenty of emphasis on slow motion, focus/out of focus and zooming in on the minute details with long protracted pauses, and month long training in the English language. Special effects are good, but some of the dialogue is Wiseauesque. Child gets washed away, mother shouts after him 'be careful!'. So many long pauses and overelaborate gestures and weak imagery. Came home laughing and checked reviews to find critics loved it. A harrowing story that had to be told...

I picked up Tyrannosaur just to complete one of those HMV 'buy 3 for 2' deals having seen it get good reviews in here. Looking forward to it.

I've also still to watch The War Zone, so that's 2 cheery movies to keep a spring in my step over the next few weeks :lol:

agreed

nowhere near as funny as it could have been, forced acting and forced humour

I quote Family Guy on a daily basis but this was a total let down

Plus Ted sounded like Peter Griffin too which was a bit stupid, so much so they even put in a joke about it. And then the gay bloke who Johnny worked with was Joe Swanson... really poor deliverance

Is Jack Reacher (the novel/s and now film) the one that is written by a Villa fan, and lots of old Villa player's surnames appear throughout it?

Yeah, in a few of his earlier efforts...there's even reference to Villa winning the 82 European Cup in one!

Lee Child, born in Brum but moved to Cov early in life (poor bastard) and a Villa fan

'The Impossible' looks incredibly tasteless to me.

there is a story of a family of survivers clueless to the film being made getting the trailer before watching the hobbit and not being too happy about it

was tempted to see it but couldnt be bothered, the real family is spanish and the reviews are pretty decent

Â