The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I aquired it ;)

It's out on dvd on the 15th, i shall buy it then because it needs further viewing.

As for Haneke, i've only seen Funny Games and thought it was pretentious in the extreme and so i fear apart from The White Ribbon his work may be the usual Von Trier style eurotrash but I'll give Hidden (Cache) a go to make my mind up.

Just watched "500 Days of Summer". Thought it was going to be a crappy chick flick, but it's absolutely superb, one of the best films I've seen in a long, long time.

Yeah thats a great film, Zooey Deschanel is tasty too.

Very tasty.

Although my only gripe is the ol' 'unreliable narrator' thing which was hammered into me during a level English, so watching it your like maybe Summer was ok and he's just a moany little bitch?

She is, and in fact, she's going to have take out a injunction against me as I intend to stalk her for the rest of her life!

That film contains one of the best lines from a film ever, so I've taken the liberty of using it as my signature. I think only me and Nayson on here would have got what he was on about.

Went to see 'Crazy Heart' yesterday. Thought it was very good. The story isn't very original but I really cared for the two lead characters by the end of it. Plus, I actually didn't mind all of the Country music ad thought some of it was rather good. The scenes of the countryside are brilliant too. Plus there is the added performance of Bridges and from watching it, I think he really should get the oscar. Maggie Gyllenhall and Colin Farrell are also good in it, in my opinion. Anyway, it's worth a watch.

On another note, I'm beginning to get very excited about this year in film. I mean, 'Green Zone' and 'Shutter Island' are both hitting the cinema in the coming weeks. Then there is the upcoming 'Kick Ass' and 'Inception' later in the year, both of which I am eagerly anticipating. There are many more upcoming but I can't be bothered to go through them all. It certainly does look as if it could be another good year in film though.

The Boondock Saints II - All Saints Day

Highly enjoyable!

Didn't even know they'd made a sequel. First one was cool so I'll definitely look out for this one.

I also watched 500 Days of Summer recently and enjoyed it. Very good film.

Agreed. Got both this and Adventureland on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed them both and don't care if they are supposed to be aimed at women. I think both films are for both men and women, so there! :P

Agreed - saw it on Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Totally bugged me trying to work out where I'd seen the male lead before then I realised he was Tommy in 3rd Rock.

Agreed. Got both this and Adventureland on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed them both and don't care if they are supposed to be aimed at women. I think both films are for both men and women, so there! :P

No way is (500) Days of Summer a chick flick, no way at all. I enjoyed it more than my wife for a start! But then, it did have references to Belle and Sebastian, The Smiths and Spearmint....

Â