The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched 'An Education' last night out of sheer morbid curiosity(/Carey Mulligan) and was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

Morbid curiosity??!!?? Whaaa

This film was always set up to be a classic with it being a Hornby screenplay so long in the making. Recommended to everyone.

oh and i enjoyed law abiding citizen as well

idk if its been mentioned but Inside Man was a really good film....if you haven't already seen it. Robin Hood Men in Tights always makes me laugh...or Spaceballs. or you could watch something a little more verbally funny like 200 Cigarettes

Adding another +1 for Slacker which I finally watched last night. Was kind of taken aback to see one of the shots go right past an ex-girlfriends house though!

My current to-do list includes:

Memories of Underdevelopment

Under the Bombs

The Man in the Glass Booth

The Iceman Cometh

The Believer

Synecdoche, New York

The Newton Boys

Any suggestions on where to start?

Dunno if it's been posted, 47 pages is a lot to catch up on :D

Clerks and Clerks 2 are funny

Or any of the Kevin Smith films, except for Chasing Amy..

agreeeeeeeeeeed! i just didn't think chasing amy was any good!

I watched 'An Education' last night out of sheer morbid curiosity(/Carey Mulligan) and was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

I enjoyed it too, although when I posted it on here a few months back I was given loads of stick....

Top 5 films in no particular order:

1. Requiem for a Dream

2. Blow

3. I Love You Man

4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

5. Mystic River

6. La Haine

How's that for starters?

None of these will be in any particular order.

Sci-Fi:

Blade Runner

Terminator

Terminator 2

Alien

Aliens

Predator

Total Recall

2001: A Space Odyssey

The Abyss

E.T.

The Fountain

Moon

Dark City

The Matrix

Event Horizon

Star Wars (the original three)

Star Trek

Rollerball

District 9

Ummmm, I can't think right now and I can't be bothered to continue, but those are some good sci-fi films...

My top films in no particular order:

1) Blade Runner

2) One Upon A Time In America

3) The Godfather

4) Mesrine (I'm counting both parts as one)

5) Public Enemies

6) Anchorman

7) Pan's Labyrinth

8 ) LA Confidential

9) The Goonies

10) The Usual Suspects

11) Terminator

12) Donnie Darko

13) Heat

14) Taxi Driver

15) GoodFellas

16) Apocalypse Now

17) The Shawshank Redemption

18 ) Indiana Jones - Raiders Of The Lost Ark

19) Big

20) Memento

21) There Will Be Blood

22) No Country For Old Men

23) Seven

24) Clerks

25) Withnail And I

26) The Untouchables

27) National Lampoon's: Animal House

28 ) Jurassic Park

29) Shaun Of The Dead

30) Adventureland

31) Brick

32) Blow

Ok, I give up there too. There are too many great films out there!

felt like watching a few cheesy kurt russell action movies so watched these recently

Tango_and_cash_02(1989).jpg

1240778234026.jpg

Classics

also watched the battle royale movies again recently the 2nd one is hilarious especially when the teacher dives with the rugby ball and his head explodes funniest movie scene ever made imo

Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

and you cant beat a good seagal movie, under siege is great and its always on either Dave or The sci fi channel Hard to kill and nico is the shit

hardtokill.jpg

Watched a couple last night

The Ugly Truth - 6/10, really average film. For some reason i thought it might be better than it was but this is one for young girls who can giggle at Gerard Butlers slightly smutty character. You wont dislike it and Katherine Heigl is worth an ogle as ever but dont go out your way to watch it. Unless of course you are a 16 year old girl. Also, once you realise the Gerard Butler has a mouth like popeye you are fixated on it!

Mulholland Drive - 7/10, Very hard to rate a film that's brilliant in places with David Lynch doing bizzarre, creepy suspense to a T but is just so hard to get through. Like Inland Empire the unfolding of the story is an agonising experience and i'm not sure the ending quite fulfills the viewers need for clarity. That said, Naomi Watts and Laura Harring get it on, twice and Naomi once on her own. And speaking of Naomi Watts, she is brilliant in this.

It's odd as i would have given it 6/10 last night after i finished watching it but am creeping towards an 8 or 9 now, it really is brilliant in places and stands out from the norm.

Â