The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Been getting into this whole "Giallo" thing lately (until two weeks ago I thought that was the name of a director!)

Always been a horror fan but this is a very particular genre

Watched Susperia, Opera, Tenebrae and Torso so far. All class (if weird)

Open to any other suggestions form you proper movie guys

Deep Red, Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Death walks on High Heels are some I've enjoyed that aren't on your list. 

From a more contemporary view, there's some very good Giallo homages like Berberian Sound Studio and The Last Matinee. 

**Edit** Fulcis House by the Cemetary, The Beyond and Don't Torture a Duckling are good watches too.

Edited by Designer1

52 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Deep Red, Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Death walks on High Heels are some I've enjoyed that aren't on your list. 

From a more contemporary view, there's some very good Giallo homages like Berberian Sound Studio and The Last Matinee. 

**Edit** Fulcis House by the Cemetary, The Beyond and Don't Torture a Duckling are good watches too.

Much obliged sir. I'll add them to the list 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Beyond

One of my favourite pieces of random film trivia is Raimi recycling a shot from The Beyond for a dream sequence in Spiderman because they were rapidly running out of money.

It'll never come up in a pub quiz, sadly.

• Like 2

Set a trap for my daughter yesterday as there is only one answer, I said which Wonka do you prefer Depp or Wilder? She said she liked neither but at a push Depp. That's how my daughter came to be having a Christmas without presents this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Set a trap for my daughter yesterday as there is only one answer, I said which Wonka do you prefer Depp or Wilder? She said she liked neither but at a push Depp. That's how my daughter came to be having a Christmas without presents this year. 

The correct answer is Chalamet.

20 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Got around to Asteroid City. Stylish and visually nice as always from Anderson, but from a story point of view I just didn't get it. Maybe I'm missing something, but I was lost.

I love Wes, but I really, really didn't like Asteroid City at all.

Biggest movie disappointment of the year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I love Wes, but I really, really didn't like Asteroid City at all.

Biggest movie disappointment of the year.

I need to watch the other one he did, think it was a short. My dad said it was brilliant.

It seems I'm off to see this Oscar nominated film from 2009. Well I'm sure it’s full of the appropriate amount of Xmas cheer :D 

Quite looking forward to it tbh but I do think January would have been more a appropriate time to put on this essentially private viewing

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It seems I'm off to see this Oscar nominated film from 2009. Well I'm sure it’s full of the appropriate amount of Xmas cheer :D 

Quite looking forward to it tbh but I do think January would have been more a appropriate time to put on this essentially private viewing

WTF !!!

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's something about how Japan makes these movies that everyone else can't quite nail.

There is a sequel to Godzilla v Kong on the other side of the Godzilla filmmakers March April next year, with many undiscovered Titans apparently

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Looks interesting … let me know what you think of it 

Â