The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah The Grey Man was a very odd film. Half of the actors in it are acting so silly and over the top that it seems like a comedy, the other ones are treating it like the paint by numbers Bourne copy that it is.

Only half way through it but Captain America looks like he's having a fun time, more or less channeling Jim Carrey and his evil Hank from Me, myself and Irene.

I've decided to rent Jurassic World Dominion on Sky instead.  I hereby issue a fatwa on Colin Trevorrow for what he's done.  I'm genuinely furious, why does everything have to be shit nowadays?

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

@Designer1 have you any opinions on the film Lord of Tears? Some merch for the film has piqued my interest in seeing it and I figured you're the most likely to have seen it :)

If we're talking about the one from about a decade ago and not a new version, then yeah I seem to remember it being a decent ghost story.

There's merch for it? That's pretty obscure 😄

***Edit*** oh shit yeah! Just looked on Amazon and there's Owl Man merch.

Edited by Designer1

50 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

If we're talking about the one from about a decade ago and not a new version, then yeah I seem to remember it being a decent ghost story.

There's merch for it? That's pretty obscure 😄

***Edit*** oh shit yeah! Just looked on Amazon and there's Owl Man merch.

Yeah this got announced yesterday and I may have to have it, therefore I want to watch the film first :)

Thanks. I'll have to look it up...

• Like 1

On 25/07/2022 at 21:09, sharkyvilla said:

I just tried watching that and nah, it's not for me.  I'm normally a big fan of Ana de Armas films too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

well I see thats your breakfast sorted, what you having for lunch?

watching the Villa for lunch...now that's a real horror

but after the villa, tonight's film (for the third time) is X

X (2022 film).jpeg

Got it on blu ray yesterday for my collection so I'm just going to stick it on and take a look at the special features and what not

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

watching the Villa for lunch...now that's a real horror

but after the villa, tonight's film (for the third time) is X

X (2022 film).jpeg

Got it on blu ray yesterday for my collection so I'm just going to stick it on and take a look at the special features and what not

Loved it.

Really looking forward to the prequel.

34 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Loved it.

Really looking forward to the prequel.

Yeah, they must have had faith that X was going to be well received because they filmed them both at the same time didn't they 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

So this is getting very good reviews. Could we finally have a decent new Predator movie?

spacer.png

Intriguing, we live in hope!

I do like how the more recent Predator offerings have been so bad that they have retrospectively enhanced the status of the initially lambasted Predator 2.

A bit like the Star Wars sequels did to the prequels. 

Edited by Wainy316

On 28/07/2022 at 20:00, stewiek2 said:

Teaser trailer for Oppenheimer, Nolan's next film with Cilian Murphy in the lead role...

my first thought was fair to Murphy thats a big role but then i thought about it and he's already done dunkirk, batman and inception with Nolan so they must get on

he'll still never beat sunshine as his best film

Â