The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I just finished watching Troll Hunter, I didn't enjoy it very much.

Maybe I just didn't get it but it was like it was trying to be a documentary, but it was so clearly fake, I mean the CGI was good don't get me wrong, but it was still obviously CGI. So yeah, mixed feelings on it really, I don't think it really knew what it wanted to be as a film. Maybe I was taken off-guard though, I didn't know anything about the film when I bought it, I assumed it was a normal film and not a 'Blair Witch-esque' piece.

Overall, it was just a bit too silly for my tastes.

EDIT - Well I just researched it a bit on the internet and it doesn't seem to take itself very seriously. It also uses famous Norwegian comedians so I guess the Norwegian audience would have understood and not tried to take it quite so seriously. Either way, I still thought it was a bit rubbish.

Finally managed to watch Drive tonight and agree with pretty much everyone here who recommended it.

As we were talking bad movies up the page, I can't think that much can top Pearl Harbor. Watched it as somewhat of a scientific experiment the other day and it is truly, truly awful.

"what just happened?"

"I think world war two just started"

:bang::bang::bang:

I like Epic Movie :D

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer should be castrated for crimes against cinema imo.

Just sayin' like. :)

I agree.

It's really terrible.

Another nomination for worst film goes to "Something's got to give"

A chick flick about old people starring Jack Nicholson and some old broad.

Not joking, you could have got the entire storyline into a **** advert, let alone a film.

Longest hour and a half of my life. At least Epic Movie and SoaP aren't really taking themselves seriously.

"Something's got to give" is really trying. And failing. BADLY!

Talking of bad movies I gave Titanic a 2nd chance the other night. It was a little bit better than I thought it was then, but still not very good. Some parts are good, some are bad and some are just laughable. Cutting a 4" chain of a pair of handcuffs off with an axe closing your eyes must be topping the list.

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer should be castrated for crimes against cinema imo.

I agree.

It's really terrible.

Not joking, you could have got the entire storyline into a **** advert, let alone a film.

Longest hour and a half of my life. At least Epic Movie and SoaP aren't really taking themselves seriously.

Disagree. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. And a film with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton can't be that bad. No, I liked it. Decent.

The worst film I've ever seen, made worse because of the people involved, is Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I spent half the film pissing myself laughing because it is so bad. Hearing Keanu Reeves accent now, still creases me up.

The worst film I have ever seen is probably 'A Sound of Thunder'. I got to 20 minutes and I couldn't watch it any further as it was just that poor. The acting was awful, the effects were awful and the whole thing was just one big joke. You can see the trailer

The worst film I've ever seen, made worse because of the people involved, is Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I spent half the film pissing myself laughing because it is so bad. Hearing Keanu Reeves accent now, still creases me up.

Really? Never mind Reeves accent, I couldn't tell if it's good or not, but that film is a master piece, IMO.

I agree.

It's really terrible.

Disagree. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. And a film with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton can't be that bad. No, I liked it. Decent.

:shock:

I am genuinely, GENUINELY shocked.

Will be watching Kill List tonight - have heard great things about it without wanting to hear all about it!!!

Hoping it's decent!

**EDIT**

Now watched and wished I hadn't.........

Good start, liked the improv but could not justify the ending..... no explaination or reasoning for why what happened happened... too many questions left unanswered (Kiev? Clients? without mentioning the end?) and the very end aimed at shock with no justification or reason

A poor man's version of a film starring Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee from the 70s!

Â