The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Can't wait for this. Was expecting something truly awful but that trailer looks really good.

Gotta say though, I had no idea this was even being made until this trailer landed, you could say that if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I still wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now

Edited by Ingram85

Looking forward to seeing Spy, with Melissa McCarthy. She's awesome, for a fat chick.

You know what CPF? Me and you are VERY different people.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

I saw Mad Max last night

just felt there was too much going on in some of the scenes and it made it a little hard on the eye , there wasn't really any intro to a lot of the characters it was almost as if it was mad max 2.5 and introducing you to barter town ( different characters but very similar (Auntie , midget man ,pale people etc) and it just assumed you knew who everyone was

It wasnt the worse film I've ever seen and it was enjoyable to a degree but it has tainted the original , as a lot of remakes have tended to do

• Like 1

The part in Mad Max that some on here didn't like was it the cheap looking "3D" bit almost at the film's end? If it was, I agree.

Yep. Loved the movie overall, but that piece shouldn't have made the final cut for a SyFy movie, forget this!

Untraceable   (2008)

Decent film i thought and certainly worth a look if you have a couple of hours to spare. It was a bit slow at times but the storyline was good Would score it 6/10

Work has been so busy for the last year that my movie watching has taken a hit. I've been playing catch-up this week and so far have got through Ex_Machina, Whiplash, The Imitation Game and Foxcatcher. It has been a good week :)

Next up:

Unknown_zpspqcafq0d.jpg

• Like 1

7710_poster_iphone.jpg

Excellent thriller with a really wicked sense of humour and punctuated with some bloody violence.

Can't be good as it only gets a 7.3 on IMDb

tumblr_ltdrunjuWI1qkvvuk.gif

• Like 2

Got Foxcatcher, Selma, Birdman, Ex Machina and Chappie to watch over the next couple of weeks.

Chappie wasn't my choice...

I'm glad you said that  :)

Chappie is very much the black sheep of that particular flock.

Yeah, she who shall not be named chose that one.

I didn't particularly think District 9 was much good, and Elysium was shite. So can't really say I'm looking forward to watching Chappie.

you're not allowed to say that  :o

but yeah blomkamp is really overrated, cant see him doing anything with alien, i do like sharlto copley though

pretty much my take on it, Copley is entertaining, was one of better parts of A-team and he comes across as a bit strange in his characters a bit like Depp 

Leviathan - is darned good, though talk about living up to the Russian stereotype about Vodka :o

almost every scene someone is necking it.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Leviathan - is darned good, though talk about living up to the Russian stereotype about Vodka :o

almost every scene someone is necking it.

I'm pretty sure that's what happens when you're filming a scene in Russia and some people are in it.

The average Russian over the age of 15 drinks nearly 20 litres of spirits a year, and about the same equivalent amount of beer and wine.

Not surprised at all.

Meanwhile, Nightcrawler hands down wins award for "film that makes me squirm so uncomfortably on the sofa" whilst watching it. Excellent film, filled with richly repugnant leads. Don't think I've ever wished a main character would kindly shut up so often in a film.

• Like 1

Â