The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

A Walk Amongst The Tombstones - a great retro-feel private eye movie. Brilliant stuff (IMO!)

Bang Average for me. - Like a dumbed down 'Taken'

Wow. Trying to imagine something more dumbed down than Taken.

Taken 2

Seen Taken 3? Wonder if it can get any worse!

Not yet, I have it to watch but not exactly rushing to put it on although people I know who have seen it say it's better than 2 but that can't be difficult

Carry On Dick (1974)

I enjoy watching one of the Carry On films from time to time.They never fail to amuse me. Carry On Dick is one of my favourites. 7/10 for me.

• Like 1

Blue is the Warmest Colour - good grief!

beautiful cinema mind, and despite the length ( almost three hours ) it never stops being engaging, never have I been mesmerised by such expressive eyes before by the lass who plays Adele - she is stunningly good. As is Emma. Captures the oscilliating emotions of relationships and growing into yourself terrifically well. 

Although given one of the stars said they felt like a prostitute during the making of it, I'm not sure whether I should be a bit uncomfortable watching it all, but it was really rather good.

• Like 1

So I've just watched Interstellar. Great film, really enjoyed it, but.....

The film leads you to believe that the wormhole near Saturn was created by future humans who exist within the 5th dimension, right? They create the wormhole so that Murphy can save the human race and their existence can carry on. Well, how did those humans get ot the point to exist within the 5th dimension in their first timeline? Ie, they couldn't create the wormhole for themselves so surely they would have become extinct? Or have I missed something?

I thought it was a paradox.

It does make sense... but is pretty complicated so i can't explain it now 6 months after seeing the film.

If you type the question into google, there are a couple of sites which take you through the full iteration of getting to that point.

If i remember correctly, we aren't necessarily watching the first-time events but one of the iterations after the timeline is changed. or something like that

I've googled it and it still doesn't make sense. Most people say its a huge plot hole.

There's no way the human race can initially evolve to the 5th dimension without the wormhole being placed there. The only way it can make sense is if the wormhole was actually created by aliens or more evolved humans from a different planet to earth

Just watched Intersellar.

Complete poop, and I'm a fan of Nolan's work, with Inception being a fine piece of cinema.

Hmm, I normally hate Nolan stuff. I thought Inception and the Batman films were pretentious rubbish. Perhaps I'd like Interstellar then.

Complete poop, and I'm a fan of Nolan's work, with Inception being a fine piece of cinema.

Hmm, I normally hate Nolan stuff. I thought Inception and the Batman films were pretentious rubbish. Perhaps I'd like Interstellar then.

personally

momento, the prestige and insomnia are all better than inception and the 1st / 3rd batman film

the dark knight might just be slightly better but thats more for heath ledgers performance than anything Nolan did

• Like 2

personally

momento, the prestige and insomnia are all better than inception and the 1st / 3rd batman film

the dark knight might just be slightly better but thats more for heath ledgers performance than anything Nolan did

Yes Nolan didn't direct Ledgers performance at all ;)

Rita,Sue and Bob too!  (1987)

First time i have watched this film since i watched it at the cinema when it was released. I enjoyed it then and enjoyed it this time.I was left thinking again,what a lucky bugger Bob was. 8/10 for me 

• Like 1

Why would they remake Scarface? they can only **** it up

To be fair, the Pacino version was a remake and that turned out OK (although it's certainly not the classic some make it out to be).

• Like 2

opens this weekend, cineworld in brum is showing it in japanese with subtitles and dubbed

cant wait, dont think the missus wants to go, bollocks to her im watching that by myself if thats the case, if she doesnt go i can do the japanese one too :D

• Like 2

Â