The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Educating Julie  (1984) 

I watched this a few nights back and really enjoyed it.A group of students are given projects to do and Julie's project includes a visit to a Naturist Camp .She takes her boyfriend with her and I found his reaction amusing at times. As you might expect,plenty of naked female flesh on view 7/10 for me 

Edge of Tomorrow - Now, I usually like Tom Cruise and struggle to think of a poor film he has done but I just wasn't a fan of this movie. Its not bad, per se, but I found it a bit dull. Visually stunning but couldn't connect to it. 

Focus - pretty poor to be honest - just felt like a re run of so many similar films. The problem with putting twist after twist in a film - is that anything goes - so in the end absolutley nothing is a surprise.

Foxcatcher - whilst not the greatest film in terms of entertainment  - is a intersting insight - into money, power, prestige in sport - based on a true story

So I've just watched Interstellar. Great film, really enjoyed it, but.....

The film leads you to believe that the wormhole near Saturn was created by future humans who exist within the 5th dimension, right? They create the wormhole so that Murphy can save the human race and their existence can carry on. Well, how did those humans get ot the point to exist within the 5th dimension in their first timeline? Ie, they couldn't create the wormhole for themselves so surely they would have become extinct?  Or have I missed something?

• Like 1

I hate Michael Bay usually.

But Pain and Gain was all good fun (which it really shouldn't have been given the subject matter)

The Rock being hilarious in it was enough for me.

A guilty pleasure for sure. I don't think it's a "good" film. But it's entertaining enough to cheer me up on a Sunday night before work.

The film leads you to believe that the wormhole near Saturn was created by future humans who exist within the 5th dimension, right? They create the wormhole so that Murphy can save the human race and their existence can carry on. Well, how did those humans get ot the point to exist within the 5th dimension in their first timeline? Ie, they couldn't create the wormhole for themselves so surely they would have become extinct?  Or have I missed something?

I thought it was a paradox.

It does make sense... but is pretty complicated so i can't explain it now 6 months after seeing the film.

If you type the question into google, there are a couple of sites which take you through the full iteration of getting to that point.

If i remember correctly, we aren't necessarily watching the first-time events but one of the iterations after the timeline is changed. or something like that

It does make sense... but is pretty complicated so i can't explain it now 6 months after seeing the film.

If you type the question into google, there are a couple of sites which take you through the full iteration of getting to that point.

If i remember correctly, we aren't necessarily watching the first-time events but one of the iterations after the timeline is changed. or something like that

These happen all the time. The Terminator 'part' left behind by the Terminator leading to the creation of the...Terminators

A Walk Amongst The Tombstones - a great retro-feel private eye movie. Brilliant stuff (IMO!)

Bang Average for me. - Like a dumbed down 'Taken'

I watched that a couple of weeks ago and I honestly couldn't tell you anything about it. I have totally forgotten what happens

A Walk Amongst The Tombstones - a great retro-feel private eye movie. Brilliant stuff (IMO!)

Wow. Trying to imagine something more dumbed down than Taken.
  • Like 2

Taken 2

• Like 1

Taken 2

Seen Taken 3? Wonder if it can get any worse!

• Like 1

Â