The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Yeah, there is certainly something terrifying about 'Her', but it's amazing how quickly you get past that. I can't really pick a fault with the movie, really. Almost had me in tears at points, which is something.

I was in tears.... of laughter. Thought it was tripe. Hipster fodder.

WHAT?!?! 'Her' is far from tripe...easily the most innovative, beautifully made film ive seen in years. Maybe transformers is more up your street...I jest but still your wrong, wrong, WRONG.

Can anyone recommend a must-see wes anderson film to watch?? Never seen one of his films yet im hearing good things about them.

Donnie, The Darjeeling Limited in on Film4 this Wednesday at 0125hrs (so actually Thursday - but shows on Wednesday's listing!)

Yeah, there is certainly something terrifying about 'Her', but it's amazing how quickly you get past that. I can't really pick a fault with the movie, really. Almost had me in tears at points, which is something.

WHAT?!?! 'Her' is far from tripe...easily the most innovative, beautifully made film ive seen in years. Maybe transformers is more up your street...I jest but still your wrong, wrong, WRONG.

Why is it you seem to have a real problem with those who have different tastes? He's not wrong, he just has a different opinion.

• Like 1

Prisoners...

I thought they should have had the father found dead. Having him die to save his daughters life would have been a more poignant way to end it and far more in keeping with the tone of the piece. As it is he'll do a couple of years in nick and then it's on to happily ever after.

I thought they left it so that you didn't know if they found Jackman or not ?

That said, very enjoyable. 8/10

Not really. It's fairly clear that the detective can hear the whistle. Also, absolutely maddening that they didn't even think to look under the car up until that point? You know, for more missing kids maybe? They'd have turned the place over by then, twice, it had been a good 24 hours since the bust if not more. Poor quality finish to an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable film.

I thought he heard a noise but not a repeat noise and thus it's unclear ? Jakeman may have chosen that minute to take a break and then JG drives off before Jakeman starts up again  ... the directors take on the ending was "Even though you assume that’s what’s probably going to happen, I like that there’s a small chance that he’s not going to get him out of there for whatever reason "  

He hears it several times and even turns his head towards the car. He's a detective, not a bad one either. He'd have to be a complete **** moron to not at least take a look and nothing up until that point suggests he's a moron or that he doesn't trust his own senses. Then there's the fact they didn't study the car itself, I couldn't get over that. They're digging up the fecking garden and yet they've not arsed to look under the car?

If that was the directors "take" he directed it wrong, at least that's my opinion and whomever wrote the screenplay bottled the ending.  

As I said, I still found it an engaging watch. Harrowing as it is thrilling. Despite not buying the very very end I gave it 8/10 and would strongly recommend it.

what's so innovative and beautifully made about it?!

I just watched the movie called Her, it was kind of just there and then it wasn't when the movie ended, not sure what else I can say on the matter? The main guy seems like a real good actor though, I forget his name he was good in The Master too.

Edited by useless

I just watched the movie called Her, it was kind of just there and then it wasn't when the movie ended, not sure what else I can say on the matter? The main guy seems like a real good actor though, I forget his name he was good in The Master too.

Joaquin Phoenix.

Warner Bros have purchased the rights to produce a Minecraft movie. It was inevitable really, espeically given the success of the Lego movie. Ka-ching!

Schindler's List on telly. No matter how many times I watch it, I'm always moved.

read the book schindler's ark, expands on a lot of it and explains it better, and also explores schindler's drinking and womanising in better detail, to be fair pretty much everything in better detail... but i think the book does look at some the negative aspects of his personality too

emperor

film about the yanks in japan after they surrendered trying to decide if they should charge the emperor with war crimes

great setting and decent performances, derailed by a love interest story at its centre (not as bad as pearl harbour but ruins the film) needed more history

Â