The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

"Dallas Buyers' Club"  on Saturday at the Electric. On a sofa. Lovely stuff, can't wait.

Make sure you text in for your order of carrot cake and wine.

Obviously.

Although I'm a big fan of being able to drink a mug of tea at the cinema

"Dallas Buyers' Club"  on Saturday at the Electric. On a sofa. Lovely stuff, can't wait.

Make sure you text in for your order of carrot cake and wine.

Obviously.

Although I'm a big fan of being able to drink a mug of tea at the cinema

100% this. Nice bit of cake and a cuppa enhances the movie-going experience exponentially. I love that place.

Dallas Buyers Club - excellent I thought, presumed it's taken liberties with the actual story-line but very moving performances nonetheless. McConaughy and Leto are superb. Garner is the film's weak spot. Is it me or is she a really poor actress? I can't recall ever seeing her chuck in a convincing performance at all. Whenever she was on scene it was if you could see the neurosis' of the actress so aware she's in a serious and well thought of scrpit and film trying so hard to be convincing but failing. Still, didn't overly spoil my enjoyment of the film, some very dry funny moments and some obviously poignant ones

Rayvon's " I don't want to die", and the run up to that scene with the character

For those with Netflix, Y Tu Mama Tambien is available. One of my favourites. Bloody watch it.

I would but it's all in forrin. You can't read _and_ watch.

May check it out tonight thanks.

Â