The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

If he has had a myocardial infarction, it's hard to imagine he will ever return.

Unless it's a pulmonary embolus and he has been put on anti coagulants for 3 months which would make sense that he couldn't play in that time. Maybe covid related. Interesting

Really sorry for Aguero, like him as a player and comes off as a nice guy. Can't stand Barca but this is a shame.

Does this mean that they are allowed to make another domestic emergency signing like they did with Martin Braithwaite? I'm sure Alaves are more than willing to get rid of John Guidetti :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I wonder why there is far more heart problems with footballers than there ever used to be. 

It’s a small sample size if it’s just Eriksson and Aguero. Is Aguero’s confirmed a heart issue? 

There’s been others in the past. Rio Ferdinand had a heart issue picked up in his Man United medical. Daley Blind has a device fitted like Eriksson has. 

I imagine there’s lots of others but not publicised.

Just now, Genie said:

It’s a small sample size if it’s just Eriksson and Aguero. Is Aguero’s confirmed a heart issue? 

There’s been others in the past. Rio Ferdinand had a heart issue picked up in his Man United medical. Daley Blind has a device fitted like Eriksson has. 

Aguero is a heart issue, it's an issue he had as a kid too apparently.

Things are diffferent but the only case i can remember from the 70s when players didn't have such intensive training was Asa Hartford with the hole in the heart. Just wondered if there could be a connection with training and heart trouble. Yes the problem is already there but the extra stress and strain which footballers are put through now will expose any pre-existing condition. 

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Theres at last 10 in the last 20 years 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

muamba, ruben de la red, casillas and the sevilla guy off the top of my head

Theres one yesterday Emil Palsson who suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch in a Norwegian game. 

Is Steve Nicol really over reacting to the wording of an English translation of a statement which was issued in Spanish?   Why do people watch this shit? 

11 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Is Steve Nicol really over reacting to the wording of an English translation of a statement which was issued in Spanish?   Why do people watch this shit? 

Probably a case of the 'International Break We've Got Nothing To Talk About Blues'

Â