General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

I've deliberately posted this a couple of days after the game, rather than in its immediate aftermath. I appreciate that you will probably not wish to comment on what I am about to write. I also appreciate that players are not your concern. However, the club's reputation is your concern and perhaps the two overlap in this instance. When Ashley Young throws himself to the ground in the penalty area, in my opinion he damages the club's reputation and hinders his own cause with referees. Please, tell the young man to stop it and to concentrate on taking the first opportunity he gets to cross the ball rather than trying to beat the full back 6 times before trying to claim a penalty.

Many thanks.

General Krulak here:

Simply put, Randy owns two sports franchises

What is the other franchise? :D

BOF : Randy also owns the Cleveland Browns.

I think the joke was that we are not a franchise over here ;)

Hi General, just wanted to thank whoever organised/chose/painted the giant '82 picture in the Holte End Lower concourse, near the L3 steps to the terraces. I hadn't taken a proper look at it until Sunday, and I think it looks fantastic.

General,

slightly off topic, un-Villa related issue here. I am going over to the USA for the entire summer coaching at British soccer camps across the Midwest, spreading the word of Villa of course! When I am out there, I would love to catch a Browns pre-season game. Firstly do you know when the pre-season schedule gets announced and secondly what are the ticket availability usually like and ways to buy one. Do pre-season games usually sell out or could I buy one 'on the door'? As I'll be having to fly up from Kansas I don't fancy risking it without knowing!

Many thanks and UTV

Hi General,

Can i firstly just say like hundreds, if not thousands before me - Thankyou. To yourself, Randy, MON and everyone else involved, thanks for everything you have done since you took over our great club. I could type for hours, listing the things that we are all grateful for but you know them as well as I do so I wont waste your valuable time. I am both proud and lucky to have good, honest men like yourselves running my club.

Now to my question: MO'N reportedly said at the Moscow dinner that if we had 9 more players we would have been able to compete in the UEFA cup and not have to send a below strength team (or something along those lines). For what it's worth, I fully support MON in his decision because i don't doubt for a minute that he didnt believe he was doing the right thing for our club in the long term, and for a man of his honour and integrity I guess it was a tormenting decision to make. However, from his '9 players' comment, can we take it that unless we have 9 more players come 1st September that we wont be taking the Uefa cup seriously again?

Thanks for your time General. We will never take for granted your efforts to communicate with the fans - win, lose or draw! Top man

Hi General

If you get the chance please pass my thanks and appreciation on to MON. My girlfriend met him at the Walkers stadium at the weekend. Even though she had a meeting later that day with regards to the current economic climate and work she was on such a high when she got home because she had met Martin. He was as kind and polite as she had always imagined. He kindly posed in a photo with her and signed a Villa programme (which I rushed up to her from the other side of Leicester). As a life long Leicester fan and a frequent visitor to Villa Park with me and my Father, he really made her day - which under any other circumstance would have been a totaly soul destroying one.

General,

slightly off topic, un-Villa related issue here. I am going over to the USA for the entire summer coaching at British soccer camps across the Midwest, spreading the word of Villa of course! When I am out there, I would love to catch a Browns pre-season game. Firstly do you know when the pre-season schedule gets announced and secondly what are the ticket availability usually like and ways to buy one. Do pre-season games usually sell out or could I buy one 'on the door'? As I'll be having to fly up from Kansas I don't fancy risking it without knowing!

Many thanks and UTV

I know it's frowned on to answer for the General, but the Browns have finalized their preseason schedule:

15 August @ Green Bay (7pm local time)

22 August home to Detroit (730pm)

29 August home to Tennessee (730pm)

3 September @ Chicago (7pm local time)

Browns ticket info

General Krulak here:

1. Attendence will be over 40+K.

2. Browns games as listed by leviramsey are correct. If I can be of help, please pm me.

3. Chad: Obviously, I wasn't at the dinner for the "9 player" quote...so I cannot comment on it. When we get into UEFA, we will play with the Squad we have...9 more or not. To set 9 players as a benchmark is not something I think MON would really do...just not his style. Again, I would need to hear his comment in"context" before I commented further.

Hi General,

I've just read Bouma has had another setback with his injury. After hearing about Laursen's setback too, this is quite a blow. Could you pass on my/our best wishes and support to these two when you see them? Can't wait to get them back, both great characters and players.

Also I wondered if you'd comment on the lack of communication between Randy and the fans. I'm really not bothered about Randy not talking to the press, but it would be nice to hear from him at the end of the season? Perhaps even an informal/journalistic Q and A with him from fans on VT? Also do you think that the lack of communication will be problematic if things start to go badly. Thats not to say that your correspondence is not appreciated, but essentially you won't be able to give answers like Randy will, as you're not accountable for his decisions.

Many thanks General

General, every game when the gate is over 40k and you ask the ticket office what seats they have available it's always the same, 'the wings of the upper Trinity'. They're some of the dearest seats in the ground but nobody wants to sit there. I don't know how to suggest you change it but i just thought i'd point out that it's always these areas that are rarely sold out.

General

A quick question on parking at VP. For the past 10-15 years I have always parked just off the road, on the pavement, on the A34 side of VP, along with a number of other fans.

Last Sunday, for the first time, I was given a parking ticket. Whilst this was probably, technically, a proper ticket (as I was parked on a pavement) this will seriously cut down the amount of available parking reasonably close to the ground.

Do you know if this part of a deliberate policy to have traffic wardens patrolling around VP on matchday. I would think that the local authority would be able to use these employees much more usefully to police activities that are actually causing an annoyance to its employers, the Birmingham residents.

I have read the story about white kit at home on official web site. What is the story ? It is up to West Ham to bring correct kit. I was left annoyed and confused about the white kit. I thought this is do with promoting peace cup or anti racism stuff. Will the club make an complaint about this.

Much better performance but we are not sharp enough up front or tight enough in the back.

Hi General

I feel the DE Stand is getting second class service compared with the Trinity Road Stand and at Trinity Road prices.

Today my son and I ordered a coffee it was tepid (returned), the draught beer stopped been served by 2.30 pm although I dont drink at a match so it did not effect me. The condition of the goods on offer behind the serving bar is a mess (not the lads and lasses fault but due to a lack of room)

The urinals are a disgrace a lovely shade of green, the congestion in the serving area at half time I believe is a safety hazard.

So in summary we have no stainglass windows only stained urinals, poor drinks if any and congestion and we pay the same as the Trinity Road Stand when is our stand going to be brought upto the same quality or give us a reduced ticket price.

We never see any members of the board on our side of the pitch and I am not the only season ticker holder getting fed up.( Thats before the result today)

Hello general

This isn't a rant or me being sarcastic, but I'd just like to know if there was any way we could improve the mental training for closing out games properly. I'm not a fan of holding on to 1-0 leads by defending as it just puts pressure on our defence and over the years, not just under MON but under several managers, we've had a tendancy to throw games away in the last few minutes by conceding late goals to lose or draw. I'm not sure what it is but it's quite dissapointing when we played quite well today as well. Maybe our confidence is shot but I'm not sure if it's a mental issue.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

Cheers

General I've yet to see the new Trinity Corporate seating area full, do you feel it has been a success considering it moved season tikcet holders?

Also before the game a very nice video montage is played on the big screen, do you think it would be possible to have this available for download on the Official Site at the end of the season in some format?

General, had complimentary tickets from a player today and got access to the players lounge with my 16 year old. Was a priviledge to be there before the game and at half time. Couldnt go after the game as had to get off and was driving, so soft drinks for the both of us. Saw three Villa lads there and I am sure they wont mind me saying, Gabby, Bouma and Albrighton and they were a credit to the club. Great manners, far from what the percieved footballers are. Almost knocked Gabby over at half time through a door, apologised before realising it was him. My lad let him through and his manners were excellent, was looking at him before the game and is far from the character portrayed at times by some, he was very down to earth. Freddie seems a popular figure, did not want to bother him as to his condition and he has two lovely kids and of course his wife, all of which he obviously dotes on as when they came in he was straight over. Wanted to go and tell him he is possibly the best left back I have ever seen in a Villa shirt in 38 years of watching, but didnt feel I should. Keep on with the good work and ignore the knockers.

General

In the pre-match warm up, the Villa players were wearing yellow shirts, with what looked like a Sikh Religious Symbol on the back, It made me so proud as a sikh, that my Club was supporting my faith, is there any chance i could get one of those t-shirts? Keep up the good work.

General

In the pre-match warm up, the Villa players were wearing yellow shirts, with what looked like a Sikh Religious Symbol on the back, It made me so proud as a sikh, that my Club was supporting my faith, is there any chance i could get one of those t-shirts? Keep up the good work.

I wouldn't have thought it was any religious symbol. just something similar.

I'd frankly be disgusted if the club started promoting/ supporting any kind of religion by placing symbols on the back of training tops.

General Krulak here:

1. pompeyvillan: The report on Bouma is accurate. Need to ensure that his problem is truly fixed. Randy and communications. I think most fans now recognize that Randy is a pretty close individual who shuns publicity and the spotlight. He keeps a low profile because he believes that his role is not to be on the telly or the radio or in the papers...but, rather, to support the Manager and the Team. My sense is that he would be willing to do a Q and A for the fans...probably on the OS. The simple fact is that some of the questions would eventually get around to specifics...how much money, what players, etc. etc. He would not address questions like that.

2. barry'shoots: I am not sure why a ticket was given for parking on the A34 side of VP...obviously the awarding of tickets for parking "illegally" is not something the Club controls.

3. sellyoakvilla: I wish I knew the answer to your question. Like all fans, I am frustrated by what has taken place in the last few minutes of many games this season. I can assure you, it is frustrating to everyone connected with the Club. It is very easy to say it has to do with mental toughness and all we need to do is conduct some sort of class on mental toughness and all will be fine. I am not sure that is the issue. I know that our lads are tough...they are not thinking, "well, we are in the last 5 minutes and things are going to get bad." Our lads are as dedicated to winning as any of us. I honestly don't know what the solution is...and if I did, I would immediately pass it on. When I found myself in this sort of situation in my time in the Marine Corps, I made it a point to express my confidence in my troops...my recognition of the reality of their situation...my absolute support of the fight coming up...and my role in trying to help get them through that battle. I think that this is where we are now. I feel the Fans are absolutely behind the lads and supportive of them. Both Randy and I are thankful for all the support the fans are giving the Club!! I believe that MON is working very hard to get things on track. At the end of the day, the simple fact is that we are having a very bad run. Simple as that ...we all see it. At the same time, we have some very critical games left and getting back on the right path is important for this season and the next one. I have got to believe we are going to do it!

4. The Corporate effort in the Trinity has been a HUGE success and extremely helpful to the Club.

5. video montage. Let me see what I can do about this.