General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. general, with the greatest of respect, it does not take a genius to work out why we are throwing games away... it is so predictable that i actually did predict what would happen as soon as martin o'neill did what he did that is causing us these problems, and lo and behold, my prediction happened within 5 mins... we are brilliant going forward and taking the game to the opposition... thats how we get into strong positions in the first place, so it baffles me why we change what makes us so strong and sit deep and invite pressure onto ourselves within the last 15 - 20 mins of games, when we are in a strong position... it is heaping pressure on a very fragile defence, and why we are conceding so late... curtis davies obviously playing with the shoulder injury sustained against everton does not help either... not to mention his defensive partner not being much cop be it cuellar or knight, or players playing out of position because the manager does not either trust his own signings, or he hasnt replaced what he has let go...

as soon as milner was taken off yesterday, and we started sitting deep to protect what we had, the writing was on the wall and it was only a matter of time before a team that consisted of at least 3 youth team players, and a couple of players who have looked appauling in this league, scored against us... we had no one to blame but ourselves for what happened yesterday, and that is down to the manager....

it is getting beyond a joke, and i am really beginning to expect defeat, and the subsequent poor mood that comes from us throwing away points again because the manager keeps making the same predictable mistakes over and over...

i like the bloke and rate him as a manager, but he has to accept responsibility for his mistakes because they are ruining the good position that he put us into in the first place... and in the process, ruining what 'was', a very good season...

i dont mean to whinge, but i am very frustrated and angry at watching us throw away our season, while we limp into 6th place, at best...

i really can not see where a win will come from and to go nearly 3 months without a win, is not a great advert for season ticket sales, or for selling our club to new young fans...

Hi General

I just want to thank you and the club for wearing those pre-warm up t-shirts to celebrate Vaisakhi (A Sikh Religious Festival) This club has just gone up in my expectations. Well done Randy, General, MON. Is their any chance i could get one of those t-shirts?

General, with the shirts they wore before the game, can i ask why? In abit of a rant-ish post, why do the club celebrate a Sikh festival, but then dont do anything for the christian (after all, England is a christian country) celebration of Easter, which you also played on easter sunday?

General, with the shirts they wore before the game, can i ask why? In abit of a rant-ish post, why do the club celebrate a Sikh festival, but then dont do anything for the christian (after all, England is a christian country) celebration of Easter, which you also played on easter sunday?

Your damned if you do.........

I sometimes wonder why you bother General Sir. Fully appreciated by most though.

I sometimes wonder why you bother General Sir. Fully appreciated by most though.

tbh i dont think theres any place for religion in sport

I appreciate the time and effort The General takes to come on here and fellow villa forums to answer our questions, mine was just a counter arguement, another question which i would be very interested to see the answer...

Hi General, my first post to you and it is about the kit situation on saturday. A poster in the thread suggested a huge row broke out and the statement on the Official Site is terse at best. Could you give us some details on what occurred and how on earth this happened. For us not to play in Claret and blue at home is disturbing and wrong and we should register a complaint to the Premier League because we can say it would never happen to what I call a 'favoured' club.

Hi General, my first post to you and it is about the kit situation on saturday. A poster in the thread suggested a huge row broke out and the statement on the Official Site is terse at best. Could you give us some details on what occurred and how on earth this happened. For us not to play in Claret and blue at home is disturbing and wrong and we should register a complaint to the Premier League because we can say it would never happen to what I call a 'favoured' club.

Agreed General.

Can you find out if "referee" Mr Styles is colourblind, or just a bellend?

Thanks

Rob

Birmingham has a huge Sikh Community and shall i be honest with you the majority of them support the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. But it was with great pride seeing what my club had done and telling people around me who are Sikh what a great club Villa are. I know people may say what about Easter and other events, but how many of you knew about Vaisakhi? The majority of people in VP probably didn't know it existed, but it is a huge event in the Sikh Calender. For one General i am proud of all the work you guys are doing by bringing the community together, just to let you know the Gurdwara's (Temples) even made announcements about what AVFC had done.

it is getting beyond a joke, and i am really beginning to expect defeat, and the subsequent poor mood that comes from us throwing away points again because the manager keeps making the same predictable mistakes over and over...

I feel exactly the same way, very depressing at the moment when you actually expect your team to get beat and drop points. :cry:

Okay everyone has said we have had a great season but to look at Spurs who have had a terrible season yet they are not very far from us. I personally think our poor form of late and in general at home this season is non-excusable!

General what are your thoughts?

Hi General,

I have a little complaint about the ticket office. I was making the trip over to the game on Saturday from Ireland and from what I thought I had two tickets booked in the Holte End in prime position in the centre of the stand. I had been in contact with the Ticket Office last week when I was told that my tickets had been booked after I gave in payment details and was told about the charge that would be put to my account for use of the credit card. I was happy, having bought tickets for the game in the Holte End....

I got to the ground early on Saturday about 1pm, eager to soak up a bit of the atmosphere prior to the game. I went straight up to the Holte End ticket kiosk where I was told my tickets would be waiting for me.. The guy in the kiosk searched high and low for them but they were not to be found.. I gave him my booking reference number and card details, yet he still could not find any info on tickets or a booking I had made... I was getting worried now that I would not get to see the game having come all the way over from Ireland for the day..

I went down to the main ticket office then and as the game was not a sell out, I managed to get two tickets, but in a poorer position than my original supposed booking had me in.. I wasn't going to complain on the day because basically I dont get over to the Villa that much, maybe once a season, although I intend to get over for the Newcastle game.. I just wanted to enjoy the day and at the end of the day I had tickets to the game for the same price so i wasn't too unhappy.. I just fear that the next time I go over that the same will happen and I will be stuck in a limbo having no tickets for the game, which is not good having spent money on flights and making the effort to come over for the day.

I appreciate the work that the ticket office are going through at the moment and they were helpful in getting the best possible tickets for me..

Would appreciate if you maybe looked into why this order slipped through the net as I dont want to go over again to a match that maybe sold out to find that my order has not gone through again...

Thanks,

Donogh

PS, Keep up the good work that Randy is doing.. The changes are being noted...

General ,

I see we have taken on Paul Tyrell on as a interim replacement for Steve Tugay in communications perhaps you could have a word with him about who is giving information on ticket sales to the Sun daily newspaper who for the second home game running reporting the game is a sell out ????

Clearly both games were not sell outs but people reading this on a sat morning who might think of going read it's a sell out and don't bother going . Just a small observation but it might just help attendances !

Gen.

Please don't take this personally. I just want to give you my own personal view (not one of all fans before many come on here saying "forget him Gen - he don't speak for the rest of us"). Sometimes I reckon you must think to yourself "Jesus Christ, what the hell do they expect - miracles". So I thought I'd tell you what I expect as a personal fan.

Do I appreciate randy for what he has done - bloody hell, thats a big yes !!!. Do I remember the last lot, bloody hell yes !, do I expect "anymore" of Randy. I just "hope" he carries on, coz I didn't expect this much, and must be considered one of the best, if not, THE best owner in this country.

Do I think MON has done a great job. I think he has done exactly what he should of, nothing more , nothing less. We had a good side, performing well below their own standard when he took over - he had, off my head, Mellberg, Laursen, Barry, Gabby, Bouma, Angel - good players playing poorly - he got those playing the way they should, we got back where we should be. And that is where we are.

Do I think this is down to MON ? - hmmm , did Barry stay because of MON or randy, if MON and Ellis were in charge, would Barry have stayed - not so sure. Is Laursens return to form due to MON, or down to the new facilities that Randy installed at Bodymoor - hmm, who knows.

However, what I do know, is I expect after 3 yrs for the manager to have built his squad, maybe a few tweeks needed, but he should have generally what he wants.

In yr 4, I expect to be challenging for cups, as all other managers have done bar none in my 30yrs of supporting, and I expect us to maintain progress in the league.

What I won't expect is another collapse and the excuse "we haven't got the squad to cope" after not buying players in 8 transfer windows, and the defence you spend 30 million on, look like one that would struggle in my sons Under 9's league.

In short - I believe off field Randy has put us back where we belong. On field, Laursen, Barry and Gabby have done most to put us back - these are the three MON didn't buy and I wonder where we would be without them.

Do I want MON next year - of course yes. But the time for excuses and are over. To me, next year is his "big" year to show if he is up to this or not.

Sorry for rant - but thats my view.

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. Maradona10: The shirts were in recognition of the Vaisakhi Festival and of a group of people who make up a percentage of our Community. It was not intended to elevate one religion over another...it was just a gesture of recognition of people who support our Club. I would hope that it would be taken in the manner it was presented...low-key but with class.

2. The kit issue: The two teams indicated what kit they would be wearing and received Premier League approval for wearing the kit. This is done as a matter of course. The referee expressed concern that the colours were too similar and that in the heat and pace of the game, a mistake might be made based upon the colour...particularly from the side. The referee has the ultimate sanction on what is worn at the game and he requested the change. The lads were already set to come out and something had to be done quickly...the result is what you saw. We obviously were not happy but it is what it is. I don't think anyone on our Club would say that the shirt caused the tie.

3. pablopicasso: I am not sure what to say about your comment. You obviously thought hard about your feelings and I respect that fact. You made some good points. I personally feel that MON probably has a little different take on the situation and is probably in a better situation to know what he has on the Pitch and on the bench. He also sees the lads in practice and develops a feel from that interaction. I think it is very hard to go against the logic of the man who is charged with laying out the game plan. I must disagree with your comment that we will "limp into 6th place." I am just not ready to make that sort of statement. We have games to go...games that we absolutely can win. I am for storming into 5th place and continuing to challange for 4th!! You just don't know what will happen with those teams above us right now.

General Krulak here:

1. Maradona10: The shirts were in recognition of the Vaisakhi Festival and of a group of people who make up a percentage of our Community. It was not intended to elevate one religion over another...it was just a gesture of recognition of people who support our Club. I would hope that it would be taken in the manner it was presented...low-key but with class.

Fantastic General thanks to you and Randy.Is there any chance i could get one of those T-Shirts?

Minor point but I have meant to raise it for ages. My season ticket is in the DE Block M1. The urinals that I use have an entry and exit door. I find it a little illogical that the entry doors are by the sinks and therefore people have to come back to wash their hands and then push through the new entrants to exit. Could you change these doors around?