General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Whilst I understand the sentiments proposed for banning of away fans at both games at St. Andrews and Villa Park, that's not fair on the fans who want to go to watch the game without any trouble. I've been to every home and away game v Birmingham since they came back up into the Premiership and I've only wore colours to the game at St Andrews once. That was the only time I've experienced trouble and ended up with about 10 of them starting on me, my mate and my cousin (my cousin is 7). They are absolute vermin.

Instead of banning away fans, why not have a word and allow no colours into the away ends, with refusal to those who wear colours? This would then reduce people looking for trouble and would also eliminate the trouble overall. Either that or make the allocation smaller and ban people who have had trouble with police previously etc. Something like that.

To be honest, it's come to something when you have to discuss methods to prevent trouble at a football match between two teams in the city.

It's pathetic and not needed, but what can you do.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: Good idea!!!

2. We will not be introducing new kit at Newcastle Utd game.

3. We will not be banning fans from our games. I absolutely understand the issue of security and we will go to GREAT lengths to ensure that our Fans and theirs our secure at each location. One of the ways to really ensure that there are no incidents after the game is to apply the "5-1 rule" which causes the opposing fans to vacate the stadium early thus avoiding confrontation!!!!!!!

hi general i know that catering has been addressed several times, but again in the lower north tonight it was awful one guy could listen to how many of anything anyone wanted and kept asking repeatedly and the guy pouring wouldnt give the drinks to the person who wanted them. it was awful.

Also if there is no teles in the lower north can you at least make the barriers betweeen the food area and the pitch see through. i feel i am been made to misss the game because the catering is that bad! at least let me see the last 2 mins from the queue!!!

3. We will not be banning fans from our games. I absolutely understand the issue of security and we will go to GREAT lengths to ensure that our Fans and theirs our secure at each location. One of the ways to really ensure that there are no incidents after the game is to apply the "5-1 rule" which causes the opposing fans to vacate the stadium early thus avoiding confrontation!!!!!!!

General... I will seek you out at the last game of the season and buy you a pint...funniest comment seen on here in years!!!!

General

Thanks for the activity day today for the kids (and the big kids like me and my mate) who enjoyed the football activities. Especially crossbar challenge and the speed shot activity. It was good for us so must have been even better for the kids! Pass my thanks on to those who organised the activity day. Even saw many Hull fans passing by and watching the BRMB stage. Oh and thanks for the free calendars :)

One of the ways to really ensure that there are no incidents after the game is to apply the "5-1 rule" which causes the opposing fans to vacate the stadium early thus avoiding confrontation!!!!!!!

Kudos for that Mr Krulak. Very funny :)

"One of the ways to really ensure that there are no incidents after the game is to apply the "5-1 rule" which causes the opposing fans to vacate the stadium early thus avoiding confrontation!!!!!!!"

56 years a Villa Fan, thought i had seen and heard the best opinions given by many a

man, General you are more than any man i have met, god bless you Sir it is a privlidge

and a honour to have you on our board, if i can do anything to help you and Randy

in my retirement please do not hesitate to ask.

One of the ways to really ensure that there are no incidents after the game is to apply the "5-1 rule" which causes the opposing fans to vacate the stadium early thus avoiding confrontation!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant!

Hi General,

I was looking on the Official London Olympics 2012 website and it says Villa Park will be hosting some football. It also says that the capacity will be increased to around 51,000. Is there any truth in this? If so, does this involve a complete regeneration of The North Stand and also will the government cough up some money to help with the project if it happens?

General,

Villa Reserves Final vs Sunderland - A request.

On previous occasions during last season, the MacGregor Suite or ‘82 Lounge was opened for certain important Reserve or U18 games. Access was on a first come-first-served basis from 17.00 and people were able to purchase a curry supper and a pint and watch the game from the comfort of the posh seats.

This was appreciated by those who had the opportunity to take advantage of the offer and also allowed people to see the new suites and perhaps be tempted into buying into the Corporate Entertainment experience in future. A win-win situation.

Bearing in mind Villa Reserves are playing Sunderland on the 21st May, this would be an ideal opportunity to do the same again.

I’d be grateful if you could suggest it as an idea to those at Villa on the Corporate Entertainment side of life?

I hope you’ll be able to make the match and cheer on our lads? Would be great to say hello.

Much appreciated.

acorns is like any other charity at this time...they need our help and we just felt that we needed to stand by them.

quite right General and well done, however, will the advertising be the same as this season with just ' Acorns ' on our shirts or are there any plans to add ' children's hospice ' or produce the proper logo. It was amazing considering the publicity when we first announced the partnership that still so many people were asking '" who's acorns ? "

message for the General ....

I am a Season Ticket Holder I travel 250miles to watch every home game and in 2 weeks will make a 12 hr trip to watch Villa v Boro

I was a little disappointed therefore when having squeezed my way out of the Club Shop at about 7.10pm and made my way to the 'trophy tent' and lined up only to be told literally with one bloke in front of me - sorry m8 your not coming in now.

It would have taken 1 minute to let me take a photo and leave but the 'jobsworth' stewards were having none of it.

The closest I have ever got to the European Cup and denied by 2 metres and 2 muppets !

Disappointed with the attitude of Club staff - and that is the first time ever. I have always found them to be helpful, good humoured and polite.

Thank God we beat Hull or I would have been livid!

General, can I pass on my congratulations to some of the staff at VP.

Firstly, well done to all involved in deciding the ticket pricing structure for last nights game. The attendance for a kick off at shit o'clock on a bank holiday was excellent.

Second, well done to those involved in the organisation of the events before kick off. My son and I really enjoyed it, please ensure this was not a one off.

Congratulations to MON, his staff and the players on direct qualification for Europe for the first time in many years. It was something we took for granted for many years and despite the lofty ambitions of some fans, it is an achievement we should be very happy with. We are making good, sensible progress. Long may it continue.

Finally, sincere thanks to Randy, without him it would not be possible. The difference between our club now compared to 3 years ago, on and off the pitch, is unbelievable. I know he wont but i really wish he would step out on the pitch after the last game of the season so that we can show him our appreciation.

4. We definitely could have had a sponsor other than acorns. We honestly felt that we needed to stick with acorns during this tough economy. Yes, the extra money would have been great but think about it....acorns is like any other charity at this time...they need our help and we just felt that we needed to stand by them.

General,

With regards this year now basically over - the first year of ACORNS sponsorship if you like - What benefit have they seen financially, or at least with regards to achieving their targets over their previous year for the same period as a result of the shirt deal?

I appreciate you probably can't comment on specifics, but what are the indications?

Personally very glad that we have retained their sponsorship, I think it looks great on the shirt and still makes proud amongst all the other replica shirts.

Many thanks

Jon

Hi General,

I just wanted to ask you for your opinions on Nike - of course the kit supplier of Aston Villa FC.

At university we have looked at Nike, Adidas, Primark and other brands and I was astonished when I learned of what goes on in their factories in poor countries across the world. They have a huge amount of employees and they exploit a of their lot workers it would seem.

You only have to type in “Nike sweatshops” on Google and it throws up thousands on websites on this.

Nike have admitted that hundreds of factories in 2003 and 2004 and found cases of "abusive treatment", physical and verbal, in more than a quarter of its south Asian plants.

Also, between 25% and 50% of the factories in the region restrict access to toilets and drinking water during the workday. The same percentage deny workers at least one day off in seven.

In more than half of Nike's factories, employees worked more than 60 hours a week. In up to 25%, workers refusing to do overtime were punished. Many employees have to work overtime (around 100 hours a month) just to live. Wages were also below the legal minimum at up to 25% of factories.

I think it is fair to say NOT ONE OF US would put up with such working conditions in the UK or US.

Since the lectures on this it has made me think about our kit – one fantastic thing is ‘ACORNS’ but it seems to be contradicted by the ‘NIKE’ logo in my eyes.

We were one of the first clubs to support a charity as our sponsor, but perhaps we should go one step further and create more history by becoming the first club to bring in an organic kit or ‘fair trade’ kit. Then, we as supporters can be safe in our mind that we have not purchased merchandise that somebody has had to make under such terrible conditions.

I know this is something that would take a long time to sort out and discuss but would it ever be a possibility?

Thanks.