General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Just a complaint about our ticket office. Now i'm not doubting that on the whole they do a good job but it seems that almost everytime i ring up i encounter problems. Already this season they messed some of my tickets up, then they lost my Liverpool coach tickets and now they've completely messed up for the Hull game.

My little brother has an u16 season ticket but can't make the last 2 games so my sister upgraded it to u21 for the Hull and Newcastle games and was given paper tickets. I rang up and booked a 10 pound ticket in the Lower Holte on that reference about 2 weeks ago now, and a few days laters i rang up and booked 2 more of those Lower Holte tickets. A few days later those two tickets had come but the one i'd ordered days before hadn't so i rang up and was told it had been posted out. Anyway today comes round after being told it would be here last thursday so i rang up again, only this time i was told the ticket had been uploaded onto the u16 season ticket because my sister would be using paper tickets. What they didn't realise was they didn't tell me it had been uploaded when i booked it so how was i meant to know? I wouldn't have knew to use the card. Also the card is for the Upper Holte but the ticket is in the lower, i'm 22, 6'1 with a beard and i'm not going to pass for 15 and the biggest mistake of all was how was i meant to know where abouts in the lower Holte i was sitting? Did they expect me to go in and magically find my seat?

Anyway sorry for the rant but like i say it's one in a long line of mistakes and it's starting to get on my nerves now.

I've sorted it now after a few phone calls, the guy i spoke to today was much more helpful than the woman yesterday although when i asked why my ticket hadn't come he said 'Oh it's probably just lying in the pile of tickets behind me, theres about 1000 tickets for Hull that nobody has sorted yet' Very sloppy.

It wasn't in the pile, they had loaded it onto an u16 card in the upper Holte when my ticket was in the lower and i had no idea where my seat was, he said they'll be posting a ticket out now though, i won't hold my breath.

Genral,

Have to say i'm disappointed with MON's current comments in regards to the old Firm playing in the premiership

O'Neill talks up Old Firm switch

I hope his views aren't reflected by our club. With the support these 2 large scottish clubs enjoy, it would only make the possibility of silverware that much more remote in the future..

I know Martin is still probably attached to Celtic football club; but i would hope he'd put such feelings aside and just concentrate on whats best for the club that employs him now.

It's called the ENGLISH premiership for a reason...and football is fast becoming a farce as it is.

General, Sound job Randy,Martin and yourself are doing. Any chance the fans could pick the clubs new kit for next season and get nike to draw up a few ,i would like to see our away kit white with claret sleeves and claret shorts.

Genral,

Have to say i'm disappointed with MON's current comments in regards to the old Firm playing in the premiership

O'Neill talks up Old Firm switch

I hope his views aren't reflected by our club. With the support these 2 large scottish clubs enjoy, it would only make the possibility of silverware that much more remote in the future..

I know Martin is still probably attached to Celtic football club; but i would hope he'd put such feelings aside and just concentrate on whats best for the club that employs him now.

It's called the ENGLISH premiership for a reason...and football is fast becoming a farce as it is.

General,

I have to echo the above sentiments and affirm that this would be the death of football for many football fans, myself included.

If O'Neill's comments are legitimate then he is acting out of subjectivity only and therefore illogically.

Many lesser teams have spent their entire history striving to play in the 'top flight' of football and we should not allow anyone the option to merely waltz on into our league. This is an ENGLISH league and not a British one.

I personally have no allegiance to either Scottish club and one of the reasons I think this would be a very bad idea is their fixation upon religious bigotry which is something we do not want in England.

General Krulak here:

1. Lombardo: I did not mean to pass over your comment. Like I say, for all ticketing issue, the best thing to do is call Nicky Keye or one of the supervisors in the ticketing office. These folks are 1) extremely professional, 2) very responsive to the fans, and 3) customer friendly. They don't always get it right but they certainly try to "fix" things and sort things when there is a problem. Do not be afraid to call...you may have to wait for a minute or two but you will get your problem addressed.

2. nedbelly: I don't think there is much chance for a vote on the kit....too many options and too incendiary a subject.

3. Re. the kit...it should be out earlier this year...last year we had the decision re. acorns that hurt us a bit getting it out early.

4. Re. MON and expanding the League. I believe he was expressing his own personal feeliings.

General Krulak Sir,

Pleasure to be in touch with you, and appreciate any insight you might be able to offer on this.

For well over a decade, Villa have been on a rotation of a new home kit per season. This is very much against the trend of many of the larger Premiership clubs - eg Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool all change every two years.

I am sure there are reasons why annual changes happen, however I have always felt that a twice yearly change will make people more likely to buy a new shirt. After only a season, I rarely want to buy a new shirt, even if it's significantly nicer than the old one, as at £40+ they are not cheap items. I will stick with the one I have until it wears out (often more than two years) and replace it only then.

I was therefore wondering whether this was anything the club had ever considered?

Thanks in advance for your time.

General

Please pass on our thanks to all involved in arranging the activites before the Hull game. I and the people I am going to the game with will be attending, makes up for the late kick off on a bank holiday I suppose. Another great initiative.

Thanks very much

General

I would like to echo the views of others - fantastic gesture by the club to get a day on like this. Really looking forward to it - will you be there General?

Just one question, just wondering why this match is a category B and not 'Villa Value' ? (Not that i'm moaning, i'd rather put more money in for games that are low key if we carry on bringing in good players this summer! :) )

Thank you very much General, up the Villa!!

General

Please pass on our thanks to all involved in arranging the activites before the Hull game. I and the people I am going to the game with will be attending, makes up for the late kick off on a bank holiday I suppose. Another great initiative.

Thanks very much

I also echo this 100%, it is great to see the club put the amount of effort in on a bank holiday to put this on but one word, it is not mentioned in the Evening Mail and a lot do not follow on the internet.

General Krulak Sir,

Pleasure to be in touch with you, and appreciate any insight you might be able to offer on this.

For well over a decade, Villa have been on a rotation of a new home kit per season. This is very much against the trend of many of the larger Premiership clubs - eg Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool all change every two years.

I am sure there are reasons why annual changes happen, however I have always felt that a twice yearly change will make people more likely to buy a new shirt. After only a season, I rarely want to buy a new shirt, even if it's significantly nicer than the old one, as at £40+ they are not cheap items. I will stick with the one I have until it wears out (often more than two years) and replace it only then.

I was therefore wondering whether this was anything the club had ever considered?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi General

I don't believe the above is strictly correct (only Man Utd have kept their kit from the previous season, this being the first time they have done so in years). I for one, look forward to the new kit being designed and made available.

On that note, is the Acorns sponsorship being kept because we received no lucrative offers, or is it simply down to the cause? As much as I appreciate the help our club must be giving to acorns, in a selfish way I think a big money sponsorship deal would benefit the club hugely. What is your view on this?

Many thanks, keep up the great work.

Mike not to answer for the General but I think you will find it was Nike who were holding most of the cards when they negotiated for the shirt deal, Nike wanted to produce a new kit every season Villa had to agree otherwise we'd be wearing kits made by Errea or somebody else crap.

Demitri... I don't like answering for the general but about five posts up..

3. Re. the kit...it should be out earlier this year...last year we had the decision re. acorns that hurt us a bit getting it out early.

General Krulak here:

1. We should have approximately 39K at the game on Monday.

2. The effort on Monday...a "Fan Fun" Day was the brain child of several folks at Villa Park...all trying to send the signal that we do care about the Fans.

3. TheSufferingVilla was spot on. When we were negotiating the Nike contract, one of the clauses put in was the number of kit to be produced over the period of the contract.

4. We definitely could have had a sponsor other than acorns. We honestly felt that we needed to stick with acorns during this tough economy. Yes, the extra money would have been great but think about it....acorns is like any other charity at this time...they need our help and we just felt that we needed to stand by them.

5. I am not sure why the game was made a cat. "B".

4. We definitely could have had a sponsor other than acorns. We honestly felt that we needed to stick with acorns during this tough economy. Yes, the extra money would have been great but think about it....acorns is like any other charity at this time...they need our help and we just felt that we needed to stand by them.

And this is why I will again be buying every member of my family a Villa shirt...

Hiya Gen

Hope you don't think I'm a turn coat, but I am sure most people would share my comment... COME ON READING !!!!!

Anyway !

Although people are quite rightly proud to have Nike, and so far (and I say this before the new kit is announced) the kits have been great. However, Hummel, our last supplier did have some great stuff that I would love for Nike to do a similar range.

For one, Hummel had "Legends tops", plain white long sleeved cotton tops with the Old round badge , and embroided lettering / numbering of a legend - I , obviously have 5 McGrath, but I see loads of 10 Cowans around.

Would Nike consider a similar range, they were good sellers, and are now about 5 yrs old, so are starting to get a bit tatty !.

And if you missed it - COME ON YOU READING !!!!

General - continuing the kit theme, will the team be wearing the new kit for the final game of the season against Newcastle. A number of clubs (including Villa in the past) take the opportunity to wear the kit and show case it etc.

Would be great if we could do it this year!

Dave

The effort on Monday...a "Fan Fun" Day was the brain child of several folks at Villa Park...all trying to send the signal that we do care about the Fans.

:clap:

I normally arrive 5 minutes before kick-off :oops: , but tomorrow I'll get my family to Villa Park a couple of hours early. A great idea to fill a late afternoon on a bank holiday. Thanks Villa! :)