General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General, on the online ticketing system the option to search for available seats next to your own has been removed. This means that if supporters wish to purchase additional seats they need to telephone or visit the ticket office. By removing this facility, this means that additional work is undertaken by the hard working ticket staff employees which could be avoided. Do you know why this facility has been removed and if it will be reinstalled?

Also, the ticket information section needs to be updated. Bolton tickets are now on sale however unless you purchase the match day programme, you would not be aware of this.

Regards

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I love the Villa and have supported them for more decades than I care to remember. This has been a really exciting season for me no matter where we finally finish up. I look forward with anticipation to next season, and the season after, and the season after that. My thanks to all involved at Villa Park. UP THE VILLA!!!! Onwards and upwards!

Your the guy who is connected most to our football club on this forum, so please read and pass this on to MON:

DROP HESKEY, REVERT BACK TO 4 -5-1.

Many people have said it but i want a bloody protest and for it to be a loud statement.

Please feel free to comment fellow Villa fans on this specific problem.

General K please PASS this on to MON!!!

Mods please dont close for the love of god lets get this message across before out team implodes.

Gen

You are nowt to do with the football side, so not gonna rave and rant.

All I will say, as the gateway to the board. I hope you accept that today was not acceptable, by both manager and players.

Randy, you and MON may get on, but it should not get in the way of the fact that the manager should be told what standards our company expects - and it isnt that !. And people should be told - as in any walk of life.

The point I want you to relay back, right or wrong, Gareth Barry today had a look on his face to me that said "I should have been playing for them today". That is not what I expect of a Villa captain, and for MON to come out 8 games before the end of the season and say "We will let him go if we don't finish 4th" then I know why he looked like that !. MON should have said "He'll stay , because I have total faith we will be playing champions league next year". When we were 6 ahead of Wenger, thats what he said, and that is why he is considered one of the best in Europe - putting belief in players !!

You and randy must be hurting as much as any of us at the moment, but, what gets me more than anything, is we had the chance. In January, we had it, but for some reason, (I am not just saying this as I am addressing you) we were too scared to take it. I believe if MON had wanted a quality player, Randy would have backed him, but for some reason it didn't happen.

Now in 1990 - this happened and it took us 8 years to recover

In 1998 - it happened and it took us 10 yrs

Now - who knows, but I fear the worst.

GUTTED :(

General Krulak here:

1. First and foremost, the Fans today were ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!!!! I would go through "The Valley of the shadow of death" with them...anytime!! They never stopped cheering...never stopped signing...they were magnificent. I personally thank them for the unbelievable signal they sent today!!

2. There is NOTHING I can say about the game today. I am a Fan just like each of you and I am gutted.

3. paulanddonya: I have talked about transfers until I ached. Blaming someone for a transfer season without knowing what that person did to make deals, evaluate players, negotiate opportunities, etc. etc. is just not something I think is right or proper. I understand your frustration but without an understanding of what took place, assigning blame makes no sense. It is totally unfair to MON and to the Club. This summer we made many changes and people still complained...you cannot satisfy everyone, everytime. All I know is that MON did not just sit on his hands during the winter transfer window. He worked very hard. At the same time, he is not going to go for players who will not "fit" into his scheme. As for talking about what happened in 1990 or 1998 or this winter for that matter, makes NO sense to me. ZERO!!

4. The season is NOT over. I am NOT throwing in the towel. We WILL get it going again.

3. All I know is that MON did not just sit on his hands during the winter transfer window. He worked very hard. At the same time, he is not going to go for players who will not "fit" into his scheme. As for talking about what happened in 1990 or 1998 or this winter for that matter, makes NO sense to me. ZERO!!

4. The season is NOT over. I am NOT throwing in the towel. We WILL get it going again.

3. If O'Neill turned down players who he didn't think would "fit" with us, and THEN signed Emile Heskey, he wants his arse kicking from here to Christmas. As for the defence, well, words fail me. A more shambolic display I have rarely had the displeasure to see.

4. You might not have thrown in the towel General, but unfortunately it appears that the players have. More arse kicking required there in my opinion.

General, i dont normally post negatives here but i was wondering if you could please try and sort something out.

As you well know the fans who went yesterday out sung the home fans for 90 minutes. However, i was a little disappointed that whilst the players applauded us at full time it was from the half way line and they didnt come down and personally clap us. I know it is a small thing but the effort and the money we spent on the trip to Liverpool and see us lose 5-0 i would expect the players whilst disappointed in the result would realise its hurting us too!

small rant over sorry General! hope all is well in America up the villa

As for talking about what happened in 1990 or 1998 or this winter for that matter, makes NO sense to me. ZERO!!

To be fair General, whilst I agree with you that last season has no bearing on this season, the manager and some players alike have been talking about last winter, the trip out to Spain last season and having the belief that history repeats itself so easily every season, when the reality is that it doesn't. Gabby talking of a barren patch last season and how he scored again, MON talking of how well the Spain trip did the team last season, when it seems that since the Dubai trip alot of players look even more tired than before they went!?!

There's no doubt the manager did work hard in the winter window, but seeing the results of his hard work, ie just Emile Heskey who, it seems, has so disrupted the rhythm of the team it begs the question of what he brings to the team/club (and no slant on the lad but the manager must've had an idea of how to play him!?), and alot of people are scratching their heads as to the tactical nuance of the manager at key moments. I mean, going all out attack away to a team who have put 4 past 2 of the best teams in the world is just suicide tactics, and in alot of games recently it has seemed that the manager hasn't a clue how to change a game to our advantage. I am not making fan excuses, but you can understand the frustration of hearing the same things said yet seeing no repsonses to situations on the pitch.

And I think the thing that has frustrated alot of supporters,and also angered some, is that what made us the team we are under MON, a team that opposition teams know will be competitive, has been lacking for a good few games now. And that is worrying. Far more worrying than any other aspect. Sure there will be times where the team doesn't play well, but all we ask is for them to compete. To hunt in packs, to defend from the front, to attack from the back, to take responsibility, be willing to have a shot at goal, to make it hard for the opposition and to show a passion for the shirt. Sadly, that seems to have been lacking lately. Tiredness or not, you fight til that whistle goes at full time.

General just a show of support for the manager and the team in this bad spell because thats what i feel loyal football fans should do when we go through times like this.

Yes i am down and gutted at the moment but this spell is NOTHING compared to what we have had to endure in years gone by and unlike some who would rather cry and stamp their feet i will be singing my heart out and clapping my hands at the next home game!

Posts deleted. This thread is not for conversation amongst fans, it is for communicating with the General. Please use one of the numerous other threads to discuss things.

Whats happened to the allocation announcement when the ticket details get announced on the official site? It may seem small but it was handly to know without having to ring up and it helped you know when you needed to get your ticket by how big the allocation was.

General?

I was wondering? What plans do you have in the future to appease your fans?

We are all very disappointed, crushed, and as some have stated gutted? Obviously

your plan of action this year, did not work? So instead of moaning and complaining

I would rather hear your (part3) as I am sure all your disappointed fans would...

Hi General - thanks to all the gang for pretty much securing automatic european qualification for the first time in a decade, and with 3 months left of the season. Hopefully there is another twist and it will still be the CL rather than the Europa Cup - Despite the change in the 'on the field fotunes' over the last few weeks, it is a wonderful season and a great time to be a Villa fan. Well done to all.

General ,

Noticed today that due to the sell out of the allocation of the Holte suite within two weeks that we have moved the end of season awards dinner to Bingley Hall . That is remarkable in view of the current climate . Positive news !

Why are people giving the General a hard time? God almighty. The man doesn't have to be here for crying out loud.

He doesn't make selections.

He doesn't decide the tactics and he sure as hell doesn't tell the manager what he should do.

General Krulak here:

1. starchildxox: "Obviously your plan of action did not work" "What are actions to appease gutted fans"? My friend, unlike you, I am NOT prepared to throw in the towel and say that the plan "didn't work." We have had, to date, a fine season. There is NO QUESTION that the past few weeks have been terribly disappointing...and I have NOT said anything other than that. At the same time, the season is NOT over and we WILL bounce back! We have been in or around the top 4 all season and that season still has games remaining. I have faith in our Squad and in MON...and that is that! As for the "gutted" fans and how to appease them....I am a gutted fan!!!!!!!! How can anyone appease a gutted fan OTHER than by winning? That is what I want to see!!

2. Reality: Thank you for standing at my right flank. At the same time, I didn't come on the site just to hear the kudos...I came on the site to get a sense of what the fans are thinking. KEY is that I pass on comments...good and bad...without sugar-coating them. No other Club in the Premiership has the fans with the capability to have their views passed up the line like we do at the Villa.

3. stewiek2. You don't have to apologize to me for your post. It was written with passion and with your feelings. I get it!!! So does MON and so does Randy. We want to win as badly as anyone. Your can disagree with the MON's tactics but you must agree with his overall results. He has done wonders in the past 3 years. We WILL bounce back and MON will ensure it happens. He has the complete faith of the Board.