General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General, seeming your passing comments on, Could you tell from the whole of the board, to play 4-5-1 OR Carew and Gabby upfront! we all want to see it!

4-5-1, we went 13 games unbeaten and didn't lose a game playing it, so why did we then change it..it's not working, and we shouldn't of changed it.

I love Mon, and everything at the club, but this is 1 thing i don't agree with.

Just a question, with the recession...etc, will we have a more limited budget for the summer, or is it again a case of...Randy wouldn't really say no, if he the right player was there,

I know it's a difficult question, but say Martin spent £5 Million in the summer and everyone was annoyed at why we only spent that, at least if you said the budget was going to be limited, then it means we shouldn't expect more.

PS. Vagner Love ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General....

I recently ordered a custom Villa shirt from the website, and it arrived fairly quickly. On inspection of the shirt, it appeared the printing on the back had almost 'pinched' in the middle of a number. Obviously, I wasn't best pleased, so phoned the number on the site, (at 7.44pm this evening, I was pleasantly surprised they were open to be fair) and spoke to a lovely helpful young lady by the name of Stephanie Waters.

She told me the procedure for returns, made me aware that postage could be refunded, and due to circumstances said the next shirt could have free express shipping. Quite possibly the most helpful human I've spoke to in 25 years, concise, funny, and doublechecked everything I questioned.

Give her a big slap on the back, a massive gold star, and a 20k payrise, she far exceeded my expectations, and the situation has actually made me a lot keener to use the website again.

Congratulations, good work well done Stephanie Waters!

Trim

General,

Could i also add to the above comments about the helpfullness coming fron Villa Park lately,

a very helpful lady from the ticket office called Donna went out of way way to help me get

my online account with Villa back up and running, thanks again Donna.

No other Club in the Premiership has the fans with the capability to have their views passed up the line like we do at the Villa.

Spot on General. As a fan, do you know how good it feels to be able to communicate with the board like this? I actually broke out into a smile when i read your quote. For all the negatives that seem to have surfaced over the last couple of weeks, I am still more proud to be a Villa fan now than I have ever been.

General what are the current plans for the clubs archive of photo's and other materials? I assume our club historian is waste deep in paper sorting it all out but I would love to see it all made available to the fans over the web. It would be magic to log on and read The News and Record from 100 years ago, or look at high res photos of Villa legends long gone. Even if such a service came with a reasonable fee.

Hi general,

This is off topic with everything else that is being said. I read that you pass on a lot of things said on here, which is fantastic, I wonder if maybe you could pass this on.

I have just been watching on the BBC website a clip about how talent from The Channel Islands is not discovered: BBC

Matt Le Tissier and Graeme Le Saux came from there and I think it is a great opportunity for a team to scout British talent that nobody else is really looking at, especially a club like us with a lot of English talent. Scunthorpe have said they will look over there : BBC

Lets beat them to it, who knows the next big thing could be from their? May be worth a scouting mission General? 8)

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you for the comments re. service emanating from Villa Park. I pass on the "good" as well as the "bad". One of the things that Randy has tried to bring to the Club is the sense of "Family"...that everyone involved in the Villa needs to feel like they are part of a Family...and that goes for the people working at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath as well as the Fans. He has also focused on customer satisfaction...that Fans need to both feel and know that they are important and the reason for our existence. It is this focus that makes us even sadder over the current run. And why we feel it is so critical that we break "free" again.

2. I was with our archivist the last time I was at Villa Park. He is making good headway on all our memorabilia and is looking forward to the time when he can finally get it all on display.

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you for the comments re. service emanating from Villa Park. I pass on the "good" as well as the "bad". One of the things that Randy has tried to bring to the Club is the sense of "Family"...that everyone involved in the Villa needs to feel like they are part of a Family...and that goes for the people working at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath as well as the Fans. He has also focused on customer satisfaction...that Fans need to both feel and know that they are important and the reason for our existence. It is this focus that makes us even sadder over the current run. And why we feel it is so critical that we break "free" again.

2. I was with our archivist the last time I was at Villa Park. He is making good headway on all our memorabilia and is looking forward to the time when he can finally get it all on display.

Not only was I impressed, I was massively impressed. About 1000% better than what I expected General. Good work well done.

Hi General,

First post in this thread but just wanted to pass on a good word about the Villa Park Stadium tour. I myself had been on the tour previously about 2 years ago but this was my girlfriends first trip to Villa Park as a birthday present (I know im lucky lol). We both had a great time and now she's addicted and will be down Villa Park with me for the West Ham game and by the looks of it all of next season. I Just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with the changes to the Trinity Stand, the lounges are amazing and everything about it has a real touch of class. I also got to see the Holte pub which is also a work of art. I also hope that you'll pass on my thanks to Peter who was our tour guide, he was very friendly and informative as tho was all the staff at Villa Park we met yesterday.

Keep up the good work & thanks for all you and the board have done for the club.

General, how are the season tickets selling? sadly i cant get down to VP tomorrow to do easy payment, so will have to pay in full sometime

I too would be interested to know how ST sales are going General. I have renewed without a second thought :)

General Krulak here:

1. Season Ticket sales are doing extremely well...in fact, we are ahead of schedule. We hope that the pricing scheme and the "easy payment" scheme will help in these tough economic times.

2. cradleyvillain: Glad to hear that the tour went well...and that your sweetheart enjoyed herself. Also, welcome to the thread!! If you really want to "dazzle" your lady, take her to lunch at the Holte Pub.

General

Thank you for answering my pm to you so promptly.

Also thank the management at villa for giving us this opportunity to both praise and moan at results, as we have only been used to moaning for many many years.

People have soon forgeten how bad we have been for many years.

It has been a sharp learning curve for all at the club.

At last we have a bright future to look forward to. Rome was not built in a day :flag:

General Krulak here:

1. As everyone knows, we will not be planning a trip for the lads to the US this year. Martin looks at opportunities world wide and then decides where he thinks we can get the most from the trip. We had a great tour to the US a couple of years ago and I am sure we will do it again but not this year.

2. villawesty88: Obviously I can't say where we are looking specifically but your comments are noted and passed forward. I remember Graeme Le Saux...I enjoyed his style of play and his tenacious attitude.

General, i was thinking earlier and seem to recall someone saying that we are defianitly having a new shirt next season, can i ask why that is? and in the ecnomic crisis we are in, wouldnt it save alot of money not producing new shirts, and therefore save us (the fans) money because we wouldnt buy a new one? and besides, the current one is very simple and attractive :)

Also, if it turns out we have to have a new shirt next season, can the club do a public showing like they did at the start of the season, i found that very enjoyable to see some of our stars mixing with the public after via signing autographs (especially Martin Laursen)

General krulak here:

1. nickrogers: If I had a vote, NZ would be high up on the choices. Unfortunately, I don't have a vote.

2. sparey16: We will be having a new kit this coming year...home and away. We recognize the ecomomic issue and understand that not everyone will be getting one. There are certain contractual obligations that we must adhere to.

3. heystally: As a Director of the Club, I probably should not comment on Player of the Seson. As a Fan, I think we have had some real standouts. Of course I look at them with the eyes of an old Marine so what I think is noteworthy may not appear that way to others. If you ask me the question at the end of the season, I promise I will answer it...as a Fan.