General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General,

Can you please pass on our birthday wishes to Randy , he's the best present we've ever had!

Also, that got me to thinking. If it's not too rude to ask, what does a former Commandant of the Marine Corps buy a billionaire philanthropist for his birthday?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEy General... Well what a game last night. Cracking tie billed for the second leg now. Great atmosphere and proves how far we've come as a team to be able to play against and during the second half out play a Champions league team!!

Got a quick query too. Both my brother and I have bee awaiting our Yearbooks and claret and Blue magazines. This season we've reiceved nothing all season, yet last season we got them fine (we are season ticket holders). I've phoned the club 5 times now, on each occasion i've been told the problem will be sorted and the yearbooks are in the post but I'm still waiting. This has been going on since the Ajax game (I called up the club the day after because everyone around the pub table was talking about them and we hadn't got ours).

So just wondered if you could give me a contact name for someone who i can speak to at the club to get this sorted once and for all. Last season was such a good one and I'd really like to make sure my brother and I get the yearbooks.

Cheers General. Think the club is in great hands with you guys up on the board, there's no way MON will dream of going else where!!!! HA HA!

Just a quick note to ask you to thank everyone concerned with giving us the chance to show appreciation to the Troops who formed the honour guard for the teams on Saturday.

Despite the result I hope they enjoyed themselves and I know the club will have looked after them

Well Done to all concerned

General Krulak here:

1. Back in the US after a long week at Villa Park doing work and attending the games. I must confess that I am gutted by the result on Saturday. Like any fan, I really wanted that win!! I won't comment on the game other than to say that I felt we gave them too much "respect" early on. Chelsea is a team you need to pressure from the beginning and never let up...whoever has the ball. Still, I will take my own advice. " We will have our ups and downs and now we need to concentrate on our next game."

2. The_Randy_Villan: I will be with Randy and the Club until the day I die!! I will die a Villan!!

3. markeefc: Got it...I will discuss with store manager.

4, sparcy16: I will look into this but....next game, I would ask you to alert the nearest Steward about the issue and let him take action when it starts up.

5. OutbyEaster: I gave him a big hug!

6. Yes, I have been to Moscow several times.

general you are correct about us showing them to much respect,if you show teams like that to much respect they are going to hurt you with the added quality they possess!i really feel we needed a extra man in midfield cos that is where to the game was and lost.it was just one of those days they seemed to win all the 50/50's and whenever the ball went loose it always seemed to end up with one of there players.i no a villa loss always hurts but with the other teams dropping points it actually ended up a good wknd for us! general may i ask how many people are you expecting to be at the stoke game?i live in bedfordshire so its a bit of a drive and was just going to get the tickets before the game if there wasnt a chance of it being a sellout!

General, I am absolutely thrilled by how beautiful the stained glass windows and mosaics look, and so proud to see a photo of them on the back of the Daily Mail on Saturday. With the Holte pub restored as well, that end of Villa Park has never looked more magnificent. Thank you and congratulations yet again to Randy, yourself and the Board.

2. The_Randy_Villan: I will be with Randy and the Club until the day I die!! I will die a Villan!!

8) :D

5. OutbyEaster: I gave him a big hug!

It looks like there is less of Randy to hug than a couple of years ago. Is Randy keeping himself fit and healthy?

Gen,

I know this is a huge long shot, but is there ANY possibility of getting the CSKA game on AVTV like you did with the Litex home leg. I find it hard to believe that Villa aren't being shown in the UEFA Cup. I could understand the home leg... I'm sure the vast majority of VT UK posters go to the game week in week out, but the truth is, we aren't all going to Moscow! I'm not expecting anything but I will be greatful for any response from you, as I'm sure will all the other UK VT posters on here, who are probably going to have to miss out completely.

General

Following up on the AVTV question earlier, is there any chance of the CSKA away game being shown on a big screen at VP. This would surley draw a big crowd and be a decent moneyspinner as well as allowing us to watch the game?

What like tomorrow! :shock: Think about just how impossible that would be at such notice :winkold:

General,

Everything MON has done so far I would say fair play - you cannot question, but I am disappointed with the squad for Moscow - it's just begs the following questions?

1) Why put out a full strength team in the first leg when we're not bothered about qualifying?

2) Why start in July in the Intertoto when we don't care for the latter stages?

3) Why produce "special programmes" for games, making us feel like we're really going for it and then don't bother?

4) Why advertise left right and centre, encourage a big crowd for the home game and then don't bother?

Hi General.

I normally look at this thread and think, omg why are people moaning again!!! This time though i have to express my concerns over the squad we are due to take to Moscow. I'm completley aware you dont pick the team ect but i hope you can see my view point.

So far i've travelled to all of the European aways Lovech, Prague and Hamburg and tonight am due to fly to Moscow. In the process spending a few thousand pounds. Now i'm not in a highly paid job, i have to work 12 hour shifts to afford to follow the club i love in Europe and the players who wear the shirt. what i fail to understand is why a highly trained professional footballer on say 40k a week cant play in Moscow Thursday then at home Sunday. MON while he has worked wonders, has had 6 transfer windows to increase the squad so it angers me to hear him bemoaning the size of our squad. My manager certainly does nt give me a rest if i look a little tired or alot of work is going to be coming in, and our forces in Afganistan etc cant do the same.

Our pride as Aston Villla FC should make us give every effort to win every game.

Hello General

Not usually a negative poster, but I feel the team selection for Moscow is pathetic.

I understand the concept behind it but not the context. We are in a good position to go into the next round. We have been working relentlessly to get this far, started in July vs Odense in the Intertoto, played away to rubbish teams in Bulgaria, Iceland - and so forth, yet we just give up near the end? We are only in two competitions now. I'd understand if we were in all five but we are in two.

I understand fourth is important but the Uefa cup would have been brilliant to win.

I know I sound defeatist but I just cannot see us doing anything there with the reserve players.

I hope I am proved wrong.

A very dissapointed Villa fan.

General Krulak here:

3. A cracking game last night. The atmosphere was brilliant...the flags were very special. The result was NOT what I would have wanted but I thought we fought back well and kept good pressure on the other team. We are going to really have to push in moscow...they have a solid team (strong in front and back) and it will be cold (it is minus 13 today) and the Pitch is not a good one. Still, we have the ability to do what needs to be done. I spoke to John Carew after the game and he said that when they came out of the tunnel the noise was deafening and the flags were amazing. Well done to the FANS!!!

Unfortunately General, it seems the club aren't interested in having a push in Moscow after all!

Really disappointed with the club throwing the towel in and basically saying its not worth playing our best players, we arent going to compete.

I feel this game and the game in hamburg has shown such lack of respect to the fans who paid large sums to go to the games.

Just have to air my disappointment that Villa are 'prepared' to lose certain games and not compete.