General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General.

I have just looked at your Wiki entry, and my head is spinning whilst reading how many important posts have held during your career in the Marines and now during your 'retirement'.

Thanks for the time you spend to listen and respond to us, and forgive us sometimes for going overboard with our critisims. We are lucky to have you aboard.

Thanks General.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Quick message to say thanks to the club for the ST prices. Lets face it, if we get CL next year, the club could have used that as an excuse to bump the prices up. So fair play to them for keeping them the same.

Now, if we get CL - we will have better TV and prize money, so for 2011 - we could have a price cut - couldn't we :D

HEy General... Well what a game last night. Cracking tie billed for the second leg now. Great atmosphere and proves how far we've come as a team to be able to play against and during the second half out play a Champions league team!!

Got a quick query too. Both my brother and I have bee awaiting our Yearbooks and claret and Blue magazines. This season we've reiceved nothing all season, yet last season we got them fine (we are season ticket holders). I've phoned the club 5 times now, on each occasion i've been told the problem will be sorted and the yearbooks are in the post but I'm still waiting. This has been going on since the Ajax game (I called up the club the day after because everyone around the pub table was talking about them and we hadn't got ours).

So just wondered if you could give me a contact name for someone who i can speak to at the club to get this sorted once and for all. Last season was such a good one and I'd really like to make sure my brother and I get the yearbooks.

Cheers General. Think the club is in great hands with you guys up on the board, there's no way MON will dream of going else where!!!! HA HA!

General,

I missed the kick off and 10 minutes of the game last night due to the heavy rush hour traffic, this meant by the time i got to the ground all the programme stalls had shut, will they be sold in the club shop (mainly asking for after the chelsea game) like the others were so i can still pick up a copy? I will be gutted that i wont be able to lay my hands on one because of traffic!

Also can we never play another 7pm game again?? I am sure i was not the only one to miss kick off despite leaving an extra 1 and half hours early to get to the ground! Its just a nightmare having to try to get across the country in rush hour

Edit - Also forgot to add, thanks alot for the flags i thought they were a great touch and made villa park look stunning last night :thumb:

Hi General

I'd also like to say, can we never again have another 7pm game please? There were hundreds, if not thousands, of us walking or running down Witton Lane at 7:05 last night because of the traffic. My normal journey on a Saturday gets me to Villa Park half an hour before kick-off - last night I missed the kick off even though I added on another hour to my journey.

I agree on the 7pm kick off. I managed to get there on time, but it still took over an hour from Selly Oak due to normal rush hour traffic, in addition to the football traffic. My brother missed the first 20 minutes, and loads of people were filtering in well after kick-off.

Great game though, hope you enjoyed it :)

General Krulak here:

1. I am at Villa Park and managed to steal a computer.

2. Spent 1 and 1/2 hours at Bodymoor heath today. I saw our lads in Physio and all are progressing well. They are eager to get back on the Pitch and their morale is high. No surprises...they are just doing what the physios recommend and are working hard at reovery.

3. A cracking game last night. The atmosphere was brilliant...the flags were very special. The result was NOT what I would have wanted but I thought we fought back well and kept good pressure on the other team. We are going to really have to push in moscow...they have a solid team (strong in front and back) and it will be cold (it is minus 13 today) and the Pitch is not a good one. Still, we have the ability to do what needs to be done. I spoke to John Carew after the game and he said that when they came out of the tunnel the noise was deafening and the flags were amazing. Well done to the FANS!!!

4. 7:00 pm start time. I am sure you all understand that NEITHER Club has an impact on start time. I recognize the problem and feel very bad about some of the fans that did not get in until after the game. I agree, it was not the best of times. We probably have a few programmes left overl...you can call the store and see if they have any. I do know that all the vendors sold out very quickly.

It indeed was a special atmosphere last night Genral. where i was sat/stood, i aint heard a villa crowd like that since the 80`s, but admit it was my first game for 2 or 3 years, 38k is a great turn out too, if that had been a team who are closer to us on the world map, it would prob have been a sellout with away support.

Thought second half the desire of all Villa players was more than 110% and they all should have alot of praise for it. allso 2 of the fringe players ie: Gardner ans Shorey did everything and more of what MON asked off them too.

Me and my Son came away from VP verry happy and looking how we can rob peter to pay paul so we can be at the Stoke game :P if that is now what the match experiance is at VP, I really need a season ticket again asap. UTV

from a Very happy Villa fan, even if we didn`t win

General, I'm glad you enjoyed the game last night, I certainly did, it was a shame we couldn't convert the chances into goals. Hopefully we've saved em up for Saturday.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you could give us a little insight into both your own and Randy's match day 'experience'. What do you most enjoy and dislike? Are you quite relaxed whilst watching the game or as jumpy as a box of frogs(see MON!)? Do you have any rituals or superstitions? Does your post match mood depend on the result? You get my drift, please enlighten us.

General,

I just wondered if you are planning to make the trip to Moscow next week? If you are I trust you’ll be taking good care of yourself. As a former Commandant General of the United States Marine Corps and our very own favourite General we’d hate to see you go missing in action! A rescue mission involving 500 Villa Talkers wouldn’t be a pretty sight and wouldn’t aid International Relations…

In all seriousness, I would imagine that Police Football Intelligence Units have been over in the Russian capital already liaising with their Russian counterparts and I’m sure the British Embassy is on hand to help in emergencies. However, would this be the ideal time for the club to produce and publish some basic advice for travelling Villans heading east?

For example; Having the number of the British Embassy in Moscow pre-programmed into your mobile; Always carrying your passport; Printing off a copy of the Cyrillic/English Metro map from the net etc. etc.

Whilst I’m not suggesting it’s downtown Baghdad, Moscow isn’t Prague or Hamburg in disguise and it doesn’t take much to get on the wrong side of the militia and countless other entities.

I know that people are responsible for their own safety and well-being and most will have researched on the net prior to the trip but it could be useful to have the club provide a useful reminder of the ‘different’ rules which apply over there.

Regards

Hi General,

I am off to Vietnam for the month of April, and was wondering what your memories were of the country? Not the war, but did you get much of a chance to take in the vast culture difference? Also where were you stationed over there?

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and me...Match Day: Basically we have different routines. Randy gets to the Park about an hour before the game and spends time with the opposition owner, our own people and basically relaxes as best he can. He will spend time looking at the grounds and just chatting...a real cool customer. Having been around the Browns for so many years, he certainly has a calm attitude. That does NOT mean that he isn't ready for the game and excited by the atmosphere...he just keeps it close to his vest. During the game he watches everything intently. He knows the game, understands what is happening on the Pitch and is up and down in his seat just like any fan. He is a great competitor himself and lets his emotions show when we put one in the back of the net. He is Villa through and through so feels the same about results as any fan. My routine is quite different. I get to the Park 4 hours before game time and walk the stadium. I will hit each stand at least once and the Holte Pub and Holte Suite 2 or 3 times...I see many of you on those walk-abouts. During the game I will sit with Randy for a portion of the game and then head off to one or more of the stands to get a feel for the fans and the atmosphere and to check food kiosks, etc. Like Randy, I am a Villa fanatic so I let my emotions show when things are good or not so good. At the end of the day, Randy and I are no different than anyone else who comes to Villa Park. We want to see consistent, winning, football played with pace and skill and guts.

2. I think that our Fans will find Moscow a nice place to visit. You should not worry about any trouble if you stay on the main streets and don't venture into areas that are out of the mainstream. The Police know we are coming...they will be out in force to help, not to make problems. I feel very comfortable in Moscow.

2. I think that our Fans will find Moscow a nice place to visit. You should not worry about any trouble if you stay on the main streets and don't venture into areas that are out of the mainstream. The Police know we are coming...they will be out in force to help, not to make problems. I feel very comfortable in Moscow.

That's good to know! I've been half-expecting to spend the next ten years in a Siberian tin mine :D

Will you or Randy be in Moscow General?

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and me...Match Day: Basically we have different routines. Randy gets to the Park about an hour before the game and spends time with the opposition owner, our own people and basically relaxes as best he can. He will spend time looking at the grounds and just chatting...a real cool customer. Having been around the Browns for so many years, he certainly has a calm attitude. That does NOT mean that he isn't ready for the game and excited by the atmosphere...he just keeps it close to his vest. During the game he watches everything intently. He knows the game, understands what is happening on the Pitch and is up and down in his seat just like any fan. He is a great competitor himself and lets his emotions show when we put one in the back of the net. He is Villa through and through so feels the same about results as any fan. My routine is quite different. I get to the Park 4 hours before game time and walk the stadium. I will hit each stand at least once and the Holte Pub and Holte Suite 2 or 3 times...I see many of you on those walk-abouts. During the game I will sit with Randy for a portion of the game and then head off to one or more of the stands to get a feel for the fans and the atmosphere and to check food kiosks, etc. Like Randy, I am a Villa fanatic so I let my emotions show when things are good or not so good. At the end of the day, Randy and I are no different than anyone else who comes to Villa Park. We want to see consistent, winning, football played with pace and skill and guts.

Great insight General very interesting.

I am a Villa fanatic so I let my emotions show when things are good or not so good

ah ..so it was you booing the players the other week after the Wigan game :-)

Is the meet of away directors a reciprocal thing when Randy attends away fixtures or does it vary from club to club ?

General Krulak here:

1. He is a great competitor himself and lets his emotions show when we put one in the back of the net.

Hi General,

Any chance you can capture one of Randy's celebrations for us all? I'm sure everyone would love to have a new avatar :D

General - bought my grandson his first Villa kit from the club shop today and I thnk that there is a potential training issue which could also be a Trading Standards one to.

I took my 10% discount voucher to the counter and the staff member serving me at first said I couldn't get the ST discount as well. However I pointed out that I was purchasing a full priced item and the voucher said that ST holders would get 20% discount.

Having accepted this she was told by another member of staff that she had been told (I guess by the manager) to apply the 10% sales discount first and then apply the 10% ST discount on the discounted price, so instead of £7 I was going to get £6.65 discount or 19% discount. I again pointed out that this was incorrect and at this point she had to bring over a senior member of staff (again I assume the manager), who also seemed to find it difficult to understand that the method that the staff had been told to apply would not result in 20% being applied.

Now I know in my case it does not amount to much in cash terms, and the mistake was corrected, but I made my purchase about 15minutes before kick-off. If this had been going on from when the shop opened, then potentially several hundred customers would have been overcharged. Again in total cash terms not a lot but reputationally if some one realises that they have been overcharged damaging, and as I said at the outset clearly a training issue for the shop staff.

One other point, as I said I bought a shirt but the sales staff did not ask if I wanted to purchase any name printing (I only found out I needed to pay for this at the point of purchase when I went to the printing desk).

Again if this is common practice amongst shop staff the club is potentially losing custom.

Hope you don't mind me raising this with you.

Hi General

I am a season ticket holder in upper holte, k4 if its important. Throughout the season there has been some tension between a bloke in the row behind me, and the bloke behind him. Stuff has been said, the bloke directly behind me has been threatened, even hit once, spat at all through the game today, and propertly stolen (the bloke 2 rows behind me throw his hat down the holte).

I class this as unacceptable, because at the end of the day, we are ALL there for the same reason - ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB. We are all there to show support, love, passion towards the pride of the midlands.

I dont know if the 2 people involved are on this site, but who would i talk to in order to get some notice to people's actions at the top of the holte end.

Thanks.

Also, gutted about today, thought we at least should of got a point.. also the fans were a big letdown over the paul birch tribute which has been on here since he passed away.