General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Sorry to answer for you General, but this is the info about why North Stand tickets have gone up.

Q) I sit in the North Stand Lower - why has my seat gone up £30?

A) We feel that £295 (under £16 per game and only £5 per game for juniors) still represents excellent value for money and continues to be one of the cheapest season ticket prices in the Premier League. Supporters can take advantage of the easy payment scheme at no extra cost to spread the cost of their season ticket by paying in four equal installments of £73.75 if renewed by March 27, 2009.

OS

I'll be honest, i'm not in the North Stand, but still feel this doesn't explain much. But i'm assuming it is because the recession has hit our club like most businesses and people.

But on the topic of season tickets, i'm very happy that the price of my ticket has been frozen before May 31st. It may have been a little much to expect all prices to be frozen, and unfortunately those people in North Stand lower seem to have taken the hit. But when I saw other clubs starting to reduce prices or freeze them, I just knew, without even having to ask a question here on it, that our club would do everything to keep ticket prices as low as possible. Hopefully we'll be playing Champions League football next season, and season tickets at these prices are very cheap if that is the case. So thank you.

Thats what I mean I read this and "it still represents good value" isn't an answer in my opinion,

Im sorry, but I think that club has every right to but the price of these tickets up. Our club is a top 4 club challenging for the league, we are a club that is going to be competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man u, Arse and Liverpool. I think its fair to say that non of those clubs would ever charge £300 for a season ticket.

I have a ST in North Stand and I thought that £250 was a steal, a bargain, deal of the decade. They put it up by £50 and its still a bargain.

I really dont get some villa fans sometimes, they want the best players, champions league football etc, but dont want to pay towards it. I for one will be renewing my tickets!

Get a grip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

I indicated on this forum at the beginning of the season how disappointed I was that I could not purchase a season ticket next to me in the upper DE at a under 12 price for my grandson.So far this season the seat has been occupied twice once by my friend.

What a missed opportunity to get a new supporter on board and the club get more revenue.

Hi General,

Just a question regarding The Holte Hotel/Pub, can it be sustained as a viable business outside of matchday? Even on matchday, can this Season ticket ballot process continue? And from a Health and safety perspective, why are there such restrictions on numbers in the Holte yet every other pub in the area is heaving with thousands - doing great trade? Further could not the 'garden' area be utilised also in terms of admission, without access to the building itself?

Thanks General

Hi General.

I believe we've sold out our allocation at Everton on Sunday.

Can you confirm how many we're taking? There's a bit of confusion as to whether we're just taking the intial allocation of 3,000 or the full 6,000.

Thank you.

mtb_wm, see below what the General said a whole 1 page ago.

General Krulak here:

1. I absolutely encourage Fans with questions re. ticketing, payment schemes, electronic payments, etc. etc. to ring up the Ticketing Office. They are prepared to answer your questions...knowing that the info posted on the OS will never fully answer all the questions that are out there. I could act as an intermediary but it would probably not be as good as just you ringing Nicky Keye and her great staff.

It really is tiresome to keep reading silly questions on this thread.........

General, what are the chances of the weather in Solihull improving so that my sons cup semi final will be played on Sunday? :?

General Krulak here:

1. I am on my way to the UK early next week....weather WILL improve!!!

2. roger_moore: Simply put, the Holte Pub (overall) is not a money maker at this time. It does fine on game day but is a bit shy on other days. I wish I had the answer for your question re. health and safely limitations whilst other pubs are allowed to pack them in like sardines but I don't. What I do know is that we are "visited" often by officials and that is why we actually have to count folks as they come in. VERY frustrating because we do have greater capacity.

3. bakerbob: I am not at all sure what you want me to do. We already have the lowest prices in the Premiership..to start cutting prices for age groups...for the season...would end up costing money...NOT increasing revenue. We try to do the very best we can...we listen to the fans and take steps to meet their expectations BUT, we are a business and we do have a fiduciary responsibility as a Board to try and make that business successful. I think most Fans recognize the efforts we have gone to in recognizing the economic situation and appreciate that fact. I am sorry if you do not see things the same way.

I wish I had the answer for your question re. health and safely limitations whilst other pubs are allowed to pack them in like sardines but I don't.

Has anyone asked the relevant authority why the Holte appears to be a 'special case' compared to other nearby alcohol establishments on match days? A 'special case' to the detriment of many Villa fans and to the finances of the club. If so, what was the answer? If not, could the question be asked?

Please thank Randy, on behalf of myself and many other Villa fans I know, for continuing with the reasonable season ticket prices.:thumb:

I wish you a safe trip back to Villa land.

General Krulak here:

1. brommy: Yes, we did ask...and continue to do so. We have had one "expansion" of the number but that is all. The answer has always been the same...the number is what is determined to be the max amount for heath and safety. When we applied for the building permit, the number was set.

General Krulak here:

1. brommy: Yes, we did ask...and continue to do so. We have had one "expansion" of the number but that is all. The answer has always been the same...the number is what is determined to be the max amount for heath and safety. When we applied for the building permit, the number was set.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Your previous responses on this issue, and the fact you continue to ask, indicate the club is far from happy on the current numbers permitted. If there is no third body that could advise in this disagreement, we can only hope the authority sees sense on their own. There must be a standard calculation available and I am disappointed that Villa cannot follow the people per square feet/emergency exit formula that the other establishments are successfully permitted to follow.

I'm sure some of you will have seen it mentioned before, but if you're struggling with the four payments option, it's well worth looking at the Barclaycard Football credit card. If you buy your season ticket(s) with it, you pay not one penny interest, there's no setup or joining fee, in fact no catches whatsoever. I took one out last year to buy mine and my son's. We pay off £35 a month each ( more if we can manage it). We'll be paid off in early May. I can then get the card out and renew before the end of May.

This is especially worth considering if you're a first time ST buyer and want to wait to see if decent seats are available after renewal deadline. It doesn't matter then if you've missed the clubs easy payment scheme.

Log onto barclaycard.co.uk, click credit cards, then Barclays football credit card.

One thing though. DON'T use it for anything else, otherwise it's a high rate of interest.

Hi General,

I'm not sure who to ask on this, so would you be able to find out if the away leg of the Moscow game on 26th Feb is being televised anywhere?

It doesn't appear on the Channel Five listings who have showed our last few games, and I can't immediately see it on any of the others.

Cheers.

EDIT: I've found out that it is being shown on Setanta Ireland, but obviously I'm looking for a UK channel that's showing it if anyone is!

General Krulak here:

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Your previous responses on this issue, and the fact you continue to ask, indicate the club is far from happy on the current numbers permitted. If there is no third body that could advise in this disagreement, we can only hope the authority sees sense on their own. There must be a standard calculation available and I am disappointed that Villa cannot follow the people per square feet/emergency exit formula that the other establishments are successfully permitted to follow.

You can appeal to the licensing committee and possibly to an Area Committee. Best advice is to talk first to a local councillor who is a member of the Licensing Com or to one of the council officers in a similar position.

They can then tell you what the position is for appeals etc. and advise whether this is a worthwhile option. the rules are open to interpretation in some instances and not in others. An Area committee can overturn technically 'correct' decisions when there are extenuating circumstances.

You have nothing to lose by this as they will prefer you to approach them in an open and direct manner. Unless they're bluenoses of course.

Gen, are you looking forward to Wednesdays game?

I know the UEFA Cup doesn't have the glamour of the Champions League, but I don't think I've looked forward to a game quite so much in my whole life as a Villa fan. Sure we got this far 11 seasons ago... but I would have been 9 then so it doesn't have the same effect as it does now, the 2000 cup was probably the other one, but then I wasn't at Wembley so again, not quite the same effect!!

I know most people on here won't agree with me on the above point, some want to see us play the U16's and get absolutely thrashed, because full time atheletes being paid £40,000+ can't hack two games in a week apparently.

I'm going to be cheering as loudly as I can on Wednesday!!! Bring them on :D

How many we sold for the Moscow game on Wednesday and what attendance do we expect?

I would quite like to know this also.

Hi General,

I just wanted to ask you if you fought in any major battles during the Vietnam war?

Thanks!

that is not summin you usually ask a vet, it brings back memories of those lost during that time, Ask 90% off ppl who have been to war and they don`t want to speak about it.

you can find what you want Here

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I am gutted by the results yesterday. At the same time, I have to go back to my own comments on the thread..."we will have our ups and downs...we just need to limit the downs and win the next game." So I am following my own advice...I will focus on moscow...and after that game, on Chelsea.

2. It looks like we will have around 38K at the moscow game...and Chelsea will be a sell out. I am REALLY looking forward to the moscow game and the atmosphere. I will be roaming the park for that one...for sure!

3. walesavfc has pretty much got it right. I try not to think about battles I fought in...as you know, no one hates war more than those who have to fight them.

4. I depart for the UK tomorrow and will be off the thread until I get to Villa Park and can "borrow" a computer. I will be back.

5 As of 3:00pm today, we had over 350 ST sales...well ahead of what we planned.

Hi General,

I just wanted to ask you if you fought in any major battles during the Vietnam war?

Thanks!

that is not summin you usually ask a vet, it brings back memories of those lost during that time, Ask 90% off ppl who have been to war and they don`t want to speak about it.

you can find what you want Here

General Krulak here:

3. walesavfc has pretty much got it right. I try not to think about battles I fought in...as you know, no one hates war more than those who have to fight them.

Yes I see what walesavfc means, sorry if I offended you General, I didn't mean to.

I did first of all check your wikipedia entry but that didn't quite answer my question but I will leave it at that.

Thanks again anyway!