General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

First off, Im happy the prices are frozen and will be renewing.

However i think my dad, uncle, 2 friends and I may as well pull out of the away scheme now. If i can only return 3 then i know its a waste of my time and £25 sign up fee. I havent missed a saturday villa game this year, however sundays or even week day ties in newcastle are not an option. I know this is down to sky but a maximum return of 3 is slightly ridiculous. All this will do is increase selling on of tickets and mean that other fans wont build their own booking history. Im a bit gutted really, away days are far better than the homes matches and i feel ill be seeing less of the villa next year now. I feel its kind of forcing me to pay to join, and pay for matches that are moved for various reasons (sky, internationals, UEFA etc) or leave.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be General there is no doubt about that but I would have liked to seen a small reduction in Childrens prices but no one can really complain at all.

For £405 next season I will be seeing a champions league team with a really good view doubt many can say that outside of Villa

Gen

May I ask why the North stand ticket prices have not been frozen, it seems unfair that people who sit in other stand get there prices frozen and we do not? Our tickets rose last year by £65 and now this year by £30, thats £95 in total, are we paying more so everyone else can have there prices frozen?

Gen

May I ask why the North stand ticket prices have not been frozen, it seems unfair that people who sit in other stand get there prices frozen and we do not? Our tickets rose last year by £65 and now this year by £30, thats £95 in total, are we paying more so everyone else can have there prices frozen?

There is an answer to your question on the ST information page on the official site.

Gen

There is an answer to your question on the ST information page on the official site.

i have just looked bully and i cannot see an answer to the question I asked

Thanks for your prompt response General. I have spoken at length with Nicky Keye and have a better understanding of the rationale behind the Away Scheme changes – focusing upon the x hundred fans who attend all away games and those who attend at least 90%. I also understand that the away scheme was becoming an extremely difficult ‘beast’ to administer and that the admin fee does not even cover costs. Nicky agreed to monitor the situation, especially in respect of the maximum number of returns being set at three. She also stated that even being outside the Away Scheme as long as one had a healthy booking history then there should be no trouble with obtaining tickets when they go on sale for the vast majority of games. I shall mull over whether I join again or not and watch developments with interest. I was pleased to learn that the Cup Scheme remains the same with regard to cancellations etc.

Sorry to answer for you General, but this is the info about why North Stand tickets have gone up.

Q) I sit in the North Stand Lower - why has my seat gone up £30?

A) We feel that £295 (under £16 per game and only £5 per game for juniors) still represents excellent value for money and continues to be one of the cheapest season ticket prices in the Premier League. Supporters can take advantage of the easy payment scheme at no extra cost to spread the cost of their season ticket by paying in four equal installments of £73.75 if renewed by March 27, 2009.

OS

I'll be honest, i'm not in the North Stand, but still feel this doesn't explain much. But i'm assuming it is because the recession has hit our club like most businesses and people.

But on the topic of season tickets, i'm very happy that the price of my ticket has been frozen before May 31st. It may have been a little much to expect all prices to be frozen, and unfortunately those people in North Stand lower seem to have taken the hit. But when I saw other clubs starting to reduce prices or freeze them, I just knew, without even having to ask a question here on it, that our club would do everything to keep ticket prices as low as possible. Hopefully we'll be playing Champions League football next season, and season tickets at these prices are very cheap if that is the case. So thank you.

My one concern is with the easy payment plan. I have not used it before but am considering this time. Are the four payments made exactly 1/4 each of the full season ticket price, or are customers on the scheme charged extra each month, meaning the ticket price is more expensive than if you pay for it at once? Obviously some companies do this to get profit from aiding people's payments, but would my lower Holte payments each be worth £101.25 per month making the grand total £405, or more than this?

General, I'm a bit confused as to what happens if you don't buy your ticket before June 1st. What are the increases then? Is the payment plan no longer available?

What about new ST holders who may want to wait and pick off a decent seat?

The OS is not clear on any of this.

Sorry to answer for you General, but this is the info about why North Stand tickets have gone up.

Q) I sit in the North Stand Lower - why has my seat gone up £30?

A) We feel that £295 (under £16 per game and only £5 per game for juniors) still represents excellent value for money and continues to be one of the cheapest season ticket prices in the Premier League. Supporters can take advantage of the easy payment scheme at no extra cost to spread the cost of their season ticket by paying in four equal installments of £73.75 if renewed by March 27, 2009.

OS

I'll be honest, i'm not in the North Stand, but still feel this doesn't explain much. But i'm assuming it is because the recession has hit our club like most businesses and people.

But on the topic of season tickets, i'm very happy that the price of my ticket has been frozen before May 31st. It may have been a little much to expect all prices to be frozen, and unfortunately those people in North Stand lower seem to have taken the hit. But when I saw other clubs starting to reduce prices or freeze them, I just knew, without even having to ask a question here on it, that our club would do everything to keep ticket prices as low as possible. Hopefully we'll be playing Champions League football next season, and season tickets at these prices are very cheap if that is the case. So thank you.

Thats what I mean I read this and "it still represents good value" isn't an answer in my opinion,

Wonder if you yourself could confirm for me, after June 1st the four month payment plan will NOT be available?

End of March is when the four month payment plan will no longer be available as you start your first payment in April mate

If that is true, may I just say General that you are alienating a large portion of people who may well be "new" season ticket holders next season. What this basically suggests is that unless you want a crappy seat that nobody wanted last season, as a "new" ST holder I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the payment plan.

the General is getting bombarded with alot of ticketing questions I see, we have a great team in the ticket office whose job it is to answer these queries, surely they should be the first port of call?

on a personal note, Im abit annoyed the easy payment scheme is once again only 4 payments and starts so soon, other than that all looks perfectly reasonable to me.

General Krulak here:

3. Season Tickets: I hope most fans recognize the fact that their Club has tried very hard to understand and take into account the current economic environment. Everything from the payment scheme to the "price freeze" has been undertaken with the fan in mind. My strong recommendation is to renew or get your Season Tickets as soon as you can.

General Sir

Could you send my thanks to all concerned with this latest initiative. When you consider that the quality of the football we are watching is on the rise, a price freeze on tickets clearly represents another great fan focused benefit.

In reaction to the Lower North Stand price rise, I can only assume that this reflects the increased demand across the board for season cards. The fact that the entry level adult price needs to go up is therefore obvious, it is just unfortunate that it affects one stand in particular.

Moving on from season card prices, will the (anticipated :) ) additional revenue from our Champions League foray make any difference to the plans for stadium re-development?

General, can I rock in with a bit of a bone of contention? Most websites and ticketing agencies accept Visa Electron as a form of payment, I was even able to reserve a ticket for a Broadway show using mine. Why on earth then can't the club offer this facility whilst booking online or over the phone? I have missed games because I'm not willing to travel from Oxford to Birmingham on the train to purchase matchday tickets, then make the same journey again for the match. It would cost me a fortune! Obtaining the facility to allow supporters to pay over the net or the phone with their Visa Electron would increase accesibility to supporters like me who may have been a bit careless in the past with their finances. Are the plans to look into this, or are the club not going to explore this avenue? Other than that, you guys are doing an outstanding job!

General Krulak here:

1. I absolutely encourage Fans with questions re. ticketing, payment schemes, electronic payments, etc. etc. to ring up the Ticketing Office. They are prepared to answer your questions...knowing that the info posted on the OS will never fully answer all the questions that are out there. I could act as an intermediary but it would probably not be as good as just you ringing Nicky Keye and her great staff.

2. North Stand: Simply put, the price was raised because the current price was basically set too low. When it came to looking at revenue per seat, the North Stand was a major outlier...below anything in the Premiership and almost anything in the League below. We felt that raising the price per ticket to the new price would make sense from a revenue standpoint BUT still be HUGELY competitive to anything else in the League. Less than 16 pounds a game and 5 pounds for juniors seemed to be a very fair price...and one that reflects our concern re. the economy. I think it is VERY important that every Fan recognize that the Club is also facing the same economic hardships as any other business...we are not exempt from the problem. THE KEY is that YOUR Club has attempted to work out a Season Ticket scheme that is fair, that recognizes the economic situation, and that allows for a payment over time. Will we satisfy every single Fan?? I doubt it!! BUT, I think the vast majority will see what Randy, the Directors and the Club have done and, hopefully, will appreciate it.

General,

I am amazed at some of the expectations of fans regarding ticket prices, and requests for free travel etc - i think some see Randy in a red suit flying a reindeer. Congratulations on some excellent marketing/pricing and administration, the improvement of which, over 3 years is incredible.

It will teach you one thing..excellent generosity is appreciated short term, and then SOME consider it the norm.

Well done sir and team

Rog

General i'm still paying for this seasons season ticket but acknowledge the Villa park staff for the work that has gone into the season ticket initiative. I would have liked longer to pay but what has been put forward is very fair. Well done!

Hi General,

Just to let you know I emailed Nicola as you recommended and I'll be there to see us show Chelsea who's boss. They really do do a great job down there at the ticket office.

General, thank you for your reply. I will ring the ticket office as soon as I get the chance. I am very pleased at the pricing plan, I just wish there was more of an incentive for new season ticket holders. Perhaps this is something you can look towards in future years?

I have been without one for two years now and it has absolutely killed me, so regardless of how I will be getting one for 09/10.

Regards, David.